Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Got bit...boy did it hurt!!

This is a discussion on Got bit...boy did it hurt!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; WOW, I just have to say WOW.....I think everyone who posted in this thread got ALL BUTT-HURT @ 1 point ...

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

WOW, I just have to say WOW.....I think everyone who posted in this thread got ALL BUTT-HURT @ 1 point or another........BUHAHAHAHAHA.....NOW will someone give me my 10 min.......BACK!!!!
    I really don't have anything to add for fear of (butt-hurting anyone on this thread who wasn't hurt by a previous post)
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Those high 8 second/ low 9 second engines are not running on stock parts, either. There's a lot of money invested in them. Very few people really understand what it takes to run numbers like that. I do, and I'd put my 5.4L single turboed foxbody up against cars like that without a worry. It's not a dick-measuring contest....more like a $-measuring contest. So please, stop comparing high powered LS1/LS6 engines to the '03-04 cobra engines. We all know which is superior. What happens in the aftermarket only hinges on how far you're willing to go, and how far you can afford to go.

For Cobras to have the ability to run over 1000 rwhp on the stock internals is pretty damned impressive in my book (I've read about ones that have gone almost 1200 rwhp on stock internals. Can you imagine not having to build the engine? Just the fuel system, and the right turbo/turbos, and a tune. That's about the cheapest way to get it done in aftermarket modifications for any car out there with the slightly possible exception of a supra, and the highly probable (though more expensive to begin with) GT500.

I'm not worried about LS7s either. You can't really run back to them because they're weak when on the boost. We know it, and chevy knows it. However, I do look forward to Chevy's blown 6.2L ZR1 engine. Now that's going to be some factory performance.

Chris

Of course they aren't on stock parts... but it damn sure isn't even anything as $$ as the JE pistons already in your 03/04s. Your argument goes back to money, and you can get an F-body and a built bottom end and add the pwer adder for 15K without doing too much waiting for "the right price". How much are those 03/04s again?

I'm not saying they aren't sweet cars, just sick of all of the Ford trolls on the LSx boards. Is it like that on the Ford boards from LS1 owners? I wouldn't know because I don't go there to troll.

Black
    Camaro A4

[QUOTE=Frost;1290795]Of course they aren't on stock parts... but it damn sure isn't even anything as $$ as the JE pistons already in your 03/04s. Your argument goes back to money, and you can get an F-body and a built bottom end and add the pwer adder for 15K without doing too much waiting for "the right price". How much are those 03/04s again?QUOTE]

Here's an 03/04 in stock form for $7500 and you're talking about $15000 for a worked lsx?

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=987991

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyoas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Of course they aren't on stock parts... but it damn sure isn't even anything as $$ as the JE pistons already in your 03/04s. Your argument goes back to money, and you can get an F-body and a built bottom end and add the pwer adder for 15K without doing too much waiting for "the right price". How much are those 03/04s again?
    Here's an 03/04 in stock form for $7500 and you're talking about $15000 for a worked lsx?

he is talking about a car also, not just engine/trans
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-04-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

[QUOTE=Shoyoas;1294264]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Of course they aren't on stock parts... but it damn sure isn't even anything as $$ as the JE pistons already in your 03/04s. Your argument goes back to money, and you can get an F-body and a built bottom end and add the pwer adder for 15K without doing too much waiting for "the right price". How much are those 03/04s again?QUOTE]

I know you didn't post just and engine and trans at HALF the price of a track ready HCI LS1 COMPLETE car.

Save me some of that Strawberry Cough you are poofin' on

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

i've seen LS1 fbody's ranging from $4,000 - $22,000. all depends on the condition/mileage your looking for.

12.718 @ 117.47

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    The other day i was approaching a light on mountain ave and i see a black cobra sitting at the light. I slowly approach him and he revs it a few times, and i rev back letting him know its on. Well i put maybe 2 cars on him by second, but once i was going into third i heard this loud ass whiiiiiinnnnneeee, it sounded like a fucking fire engine and he blew by me as if i were standing still litterally. By far my worst death ever, that blower was SSCCCCRREEEAMING and the exhaust sounded nice as hell. All i saw after 3rd gear was his taillights, "COBRA" written on the bumper and huge rear tires (prolly 295's or so) He was defenatley just playing with me and allowing me to boost up my confidence. Man that hurt, which is why i wanna sell my car even faster to get one. Hopefully everything should work out and ill have one next year by this time. My car is like 90% stock, and he def had to have a pulley and exhaust and god knows what else was under the hood.
    Did it look like this ?

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

The other day i was approaching a light on mountain ave and i see a black cobra sitting at the light. I slowly approach him and he revs it a few times, and i rev back letting him know its on. Well i put maybe 2 cars on him by second, but once i was going into third i heard this loud ass whiiiiiinnnnneeee, it sounded like a fucking fire engine and he blew by me as if i were standing still litterally. By far my worst death ever, that blower was SSCCCCRREEEAMING and the exhaust sounded nice as hell. All i saw after 3rd gear was his taillights, "COBRA" written on the bumper and huge rear tires (prolly 295's or so) He was defenatley just playing with me and allowing me to boost up my confidence. Man that hurt, which is why i wanna sell my car even faster to get one. Hopefully everything should work out and ill have one next year by this time. My car is like 90% stock, and he def had to have a pulley and exhaust and god knows what else was under the hood.
    Did it look like this ? dont sell your car there are so many fast cars out there its one out of thousands who cares save up get a good combo for your car dial it in and stick it to someone !

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Did it look like this ? dont sell your car there are so many fast cars out there its one out of thousands who cares save up get a good combo for your car dial it in and stick it to someone !

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

I sold my stang as the street racing laws up here are friggin retarded now ,and the cops have just gone ape shit on modified cars... stangs ,camaros, vettes , they watch with hard ons now ,if you even give it a blast they take your car away and the fines are $10,000 to hell with that ,so I sold the car bought the chevelle and they dont even bother me its great not being targeted but if you drive the other cars listed you are a marked target ,really sucks

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Yeah, well if your LS1 car cost 35K new, then it would prolly have had a supercharger on it too and you would smoke 03's all day with a "pulley swap" and other Ford garbage lingo.

I don't get your argument, with money comes speed, whether initial or in mods.

03's are bad ass, but they are BAD on your wallet too. Used 03's are risky business, especially if they are already modded, which means they have prolly been beat down with hard mileage.

Anyway, go get your 03, and join a Ford forum. Till then, I will be laying down Termi's with my LS1. Then yours will be next.
    I doubt it very much !

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

IT all goes back to the amount they paid upfront compared to what we pay an LS car. Take the extra they paid for the car spend on mods and then the extra they pay for mods and your still the same money but got a lot more car for the same money in a LS car. Hell SS's and WS6's start with close to the same rwhp as a s/c Cobra. The Cobra's advertise there horsepower but Chevy down played the power numbers.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

man there is about four threads with this same argument going on
    you wont ever talk since into these mustang guys that your dealing with
    they just want to argue

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS View Post
    IT all goes back to the amount they paid upfront compared to what we pay an LS car. Take the extra they paid for the car spend on mods and then the extra they pay for mods and your still the same money but got a lot more car for the same money in a LS car. Hell SS's and WS6's start with close to the same rwhp as a s/c Cobra. The Cobra's advertise there horsepower but Chevy down played the power numbers.
    I highly highly doubt that. Ford underrated the cobra just like how GM underrated our cars. Cobras make like 420-430 in stock trim. Look at Doodad, his car made close to if not a little over 400 to the wheels BONE STOCK. I think u are taking one of the best factory freak LS1's and comparing it to one of the weaker cobras. Iv seen cobras dyno anywhere from 360whp to a little over 400. I have also seen stock LS1's dyno 260whp and some over 320. Stock for stock, i would say an average 03/04 cobra has a solid 50+ rwhp on an LS1, and have about half a second on LS1's in the 1/4.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

I highly highly doubt that. Ford underrated the cobra just like how GM underrated our cars. Cobras make like 420-430 in stock trim. Look at Doodad, his car made close to if not a little over 400 to the wheels BONE STOCK. I think u are taking one of the best factory freak LS1's and comparing it to one of the weaker cobras. Iv seen cobras dyno anywhere from 360whp to a little over 400. I have also seen stock LS1's dyno 260whp and some over 320. Stock for stock, i would say an average 03/04 cobra has a solid 50+ rwhp on an LS1, and have about half a second on LS1's in the 1/4.
    i believe the cobra dynoed about 345-360 stock,and i have beaten several stock to stock and cai and catback to cai and catback,they do i think have an advantage in the quarter mile i run them in an eighth and they always seam to pull harder at the end
    they do run real close times to an ls1 6 speed

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Doodad's Cobra, guess what he doesn't have an 03 anymore cause he couldn't afford the PAYMENTS!!!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    I doubt it very much !
    Just what do you doubt there d-bag? Is that your raggedy Mustang there that needs a supercharger to equal stock LS1 rwhp?

chuckle chuckle

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Just what do you doubt there d-bag? Is that your raggedy Mustang there that needs a supercharger to equal stock LS1 rwhp?

chuckle chuckle
    Wow, just wow...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    i believe the cobra dynoed about 345-360 stock,and i have beaten several stock to stock and cai and catback to cai and catback,they do i think have an advantage in the quarter mile i run them in an eighth and they always seam to pull harder at the end
    they do run real close times to an ls1 6 speed
    I doubt u beat a cobra with CAI in exhuast with the same mods done to ur car! They make high 300's with those two mods. I doubt they run LS1 1/4 times, like i said any1 who knows about these cars would know they have .3-.5 seconds on the LS1 in stock trim.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Dude get a Ford and stfu.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information