Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 249

Got bit...boy did it hurt!!

This is a discussion on Got bit...boy did it hurt!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird those cars weigh about 3900 lbs. right? i think my ws6 would give one a good ...

  1. #201
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    those cars weigh about 3900 lbs. right? i think my ws6 would give one a good run for their money.
    IT WOULD IF THE COBRA IS STOCK OR YOUR PRETTY WELL EQUAL
    BUT DO NOT STEP TO A PULLIED COBRA UNLESS YOU GOT A TRICK OR TW0

  2. #202
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    IT WOULD IF THE COBRA IS STOCK OR YOUR PRETTY WELL EQUAL
    BUT DO NOT STEP TO A PULLIED COBRA UNLESS YOU GOT A TRICK OR TW0
    i have a few mods thats why i was saying i think i would at least hang with a stock cobra.

  3. #203
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    those cars weigh about 3900 lbs. right? i think my ws6 would give one a good run for their money.
    stock full weights with gas the coupes weigh 3660, the verts 3780.

    stock for stock, it's a close enough to where it can be close (or ugly), but then again, so would an LT1 vs LS1 race.

  4. #204
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    stock full weights with gas the coupes weigh 3660, the verts 3780.

    stock for stock, it's a close enough to where it can be close (or ugly), but then again, so would an LT1 vs LS1 race.
    so your saying stock for stock would be a good run? f-body vs. cobra

  5. #205
    Member Tracker9118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    138

    Black
    99 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    My Cobra was PAID for d-bag when I sold it. You just need to keep your trap shut.

    As my Z28 is PAID for, cause I got it like that.

    You seem to be computer literate, yet you ask me for pics of my car, when all you have to do is click on the profile tab, and voila, there it is. The Z that makes stangs quake in their boots, and can put 10 car lengths on your chevelle in a single bound.
    YOU HAVE A NICE RIDE

  6. #206
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    so your saying stock for stock would be a good run? f-body vs. cobra
    it CAN be, but the odds are defenitaly stacked against you. A good run by you vs. an ok run by an 03/04 and it'll be close.

  7. #207
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    it CAN be, but the odds are defenitaly stacked against you. A good run by you vs. an ok run by an 03/04 and it'll be close.
    i just always thought they would definately out run a stock f-body. so a m6 f-body with a cam/header swap shouldnt have any problem running a stock cobra?

  8. #208
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    i didnt say sprayed i said stock.
    I am referring to the member named sprayed cobra

  9. #209
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    i just always thought they would definately out run a stock f-body. so a m6 f-body with a cam/header swap shouldnt have any problem running a stock cobra?
    eh, there's alot of variables. my friends 99 T/A 6spd with custom cam, longtubes, catless y pipe, cut out (corsa cat back), lid, pulley and a tune beat me by less than half a car from a roll when I was 100% stock. at the track he was doin 111.5-112 mph. His car with him in it weighed in at 3800lbs (he weighs 200lbs) vs. mine was 3940lbs with me in it. Im guessin he's puttin down 360-370rwhp.

    12.718 @ 117.47

  10. #210
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    142

    ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    eh, there's alot of variables. my friends 99 T/A 6spd with custom cam, longtubes, catless y pipe, cut out (corsa cat back), lid, pulley and a tune beat me by less than half a car from a roll when I was 100% stock. at the track he was doin 111.5-112 mph. His car with him in it weighed in at 3800lbs (he weighs 200lbs) vs. mine was 3940lbs with me in it. Im guessin he's puttin down 360-370rwhp.
    That makes sense watch the vid I found

  11. #211
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    142

    ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I am referring to the member named sprayed cobra
    Referring to what ?

  12. #212
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    This same guy has a thread about which spark plugs and wires he should buy yet he is an expert on LS1s and Cobras. Go buy a Cobra-you dont deserve a LS1.
    I dont deserve an LS1?? Why because i am stating the truth and u cant accept it. I know what i need to about my car, and i have 2 very good friends with cobras so i know for a fact what those cars can do. Eccept the fact that cobra is a faster car lol its really not that hard. Some of the fastest cars on this site have respect for cobras, because there one of the few stangs that deserve it.

    Let me get this straight: A cobra is faster than an LS1 in stock trim, but if u add 2 of the xact same mods to both cars, the LS1 wins?? I never knew an intake and exhaust would get me near 400hp, i wonder why these guys going around swapping heads and cam, and put stroker kits in them when all u need is an intake and exhaust to kill a cobra. No disrespect to u and the other guy who claims to kill them with 2 bolt ons, but ANY1 who knows anything about these two cars will know it will take more than an intake and exhaust to kill a cobra.

  13. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    142

    ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

    Well put ! There are a lot of people out there using there ass dynos ,common sense will tell you its not gonna work ,Finally they might get it .

  14. #214
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    142

    ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    IT WOULD IF THE COBRA IS STOCK OR YOUR PRETTY WELL EQUAL
    BUT DO NOT STEP TO A PULLIED COBRA UNLESS YOU GOT A TRICK OR TW0
    Not a chance .........no way ! Unless yes Now I know ,what year of cobra ?2001 maybe ,because I would believe that but an 03/04 cobra NO WAY !

  15. #215
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    Not a chance .........no way ! Unless yes Now I know ,what year of cobra ?2001 maybe ,because I would believe that but an 03/04 cobra NO WAY !
    03/04 cobras i wouldnt even mention anything else
    doubt all you want i have done it and you cobra lovers can deny it all you want but i know better and there is a few more people here that know better,
    nobody ever said a cai and exhaust gave an ls1 400hp but in a little lighter car with a little less power it is a close race ,im sorry to dissapoint all you guys that think a cobra wins hands down,but it doesnt

    once those two mods are made both cars wake up quite a bit
    ill give you the fact that the cobra is pushing more horses but wtf does that have to do with shit

    just incase you guys were wondering horsepower isnt the only thing that affects how fast a car is

    and another thing i have never been beaten by a stock cobra or one that just had an intake and catback,at the eighth mile track here so you can argue about that now

  16. #216
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    Well put ! There are a lot of people out there using there ass dynos ,common sense will tell you its not gonna work ,Finally they might get it .
    you seem to be one of them

  17. #217
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    dpinson, I thought a pullied, full exhaust 03 was gonna wipe the floor with me, till I ran one. An 03 with a 2.73 pulley, loud exhaust, and a chip (red, satin wheels, black guy). Side by side from 80-150 THREE times on I40. He thought I had a head and cam package, but I just had a cam, putting down 372 rwhp and full weight. He was impressed that I hung with him. His car was loud as fk.

    I ran another with a Steigmeyer ported Eaton 03 at a dragstrip party (black, chrome wheels, nice combo, white guy), and I whupped him by two car lengths in the eighth. I think he missed a gear. It doesn't matter, I had him on the hole shot too.

    Both seemed to be cool gents.

    That is why when these 03 braggarts come on here spouting garbage, I KNOW they are full of crap. Mod your LS1 dude, and you can hang with anybody.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    That makes sense watch the vid I found
    So that yellow cobra was stock doing 12.3???????????

  19. #219
    Speed Racer 99 Kobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    209

    White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    So that yellow cobra was stock doing 12.3???????????
    Good driver.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

  20. #220
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    dpinson, I thought a pullied, full exhaust 03 was gonna wipe the floor with me, till I ran one. An 03 with a 2.73 pulley, loud exhaust, and a chip (red, satin wheels, black guy). Side by side from 80-150 THREE times on I40. He thought I had a head and cam package, but I just had a cam, putting down 372 rwhp and full weight. He was impressed that I hung with him. His car was loud as fk.

    I ran another with a Steigmeyer ported Eaton 03 at a dragstrip party (black, chrome wheels, nice combo, white guy), and I whupped him by two car lengths in the eighth. I think he missed a gear. It doesn't matter, I had him on the hole shot too.

    Both seemed to be cool gents.

    That is why when these 03 braggarts come on here spouting garbage, I KNOW they are full of crap. Mod your LS1 dude, and you can hang with anybody.

    i ran a red 01 SS 6spd around here with h/c/full bolt ons. i beat him by 1/2-3/4 of a car to 130ish. he had an extra passanger and I had the top down.


    an 1/8th mile is a really short race, it's hard to get a good picture of how fast a car really is in such a short window.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. this has really got to hurt
    By tigersport14 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
  2. Will this hurt anything??
    By splitfinger09 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 01:31 PM
  3. Will this hurt anything?
    By bgable in forum External Engine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
  4. Will this hurt anything?!?!?
    By SteelmanLS1 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
  5. Ever hurt anyone with your car ??
    By 02 WS6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •