Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 249

Got bit...boy did it hurt!!

This is a discussion on Got bit...boy did it hurt!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by rajiv1998 Myabe if the cobra driver really didnt know how to drive, then its a possibility. But ...

  1. #181
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Myabe if the cobra driver really didnt know how to drive, then its a possibility. But if both drivers are equal, and u have the same bolt ons as a cobra, ur not gonna win end of story. LS1's are great motors, but there not unstopable. Please no1 flip the fuck out becasue im telling the truth.
    ive done it buddy so you cant tell me it cant be done,have a little faith in your car and go run a cobra they are not ass unstoppable as you think trust me ive driven them and raced them,ill say it again once they start changing pullies though the ls1 n/a doesnt have a chance without some serious mods

  2. #182
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    ive done it buddy so you cant tell me it cant be done,have a little faith in your car and go run a cobra they are not ass unstoppable as you think trust me ive driven them and raced them,ill say it again once they start changing pullies though the ls1 n/a doesnt have a chance without some serious mods
    Well I wouldn't trade my T/A or my vette for a cobra, but would admit that the cobra stock for stock against a T/A or camaro will pretty much destroy them doesnt even matter for shitty driver. When you have almost 80 more hp stock the bad driver part doesn't really take affect.

  3. #183
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well I wouldn't trade my T/A or my vette for a cobra, but would admit that the cobra stock for stock against a T/A or camaro will pretty much destroy them doesnt even matter for shitty driver. When you have almost 80 more hp stock the bad driver part doesn't really take affect.
    not trying to get in a pissing match with anyone but the rwhp between a f-body & cobra are not 80hp are they?

  4. #184
    member of the 11 sec club scramblerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South side chicago
    Posts
    463

    QuickSilver
    2002 Z06 vette 405hp!!!!!

    I will say that modded cobra's can be really fast, the problem with them is the weight. About 3900 pounds is a heavy car. They are really nice cars, the new Gt500's are awesome. One thing that is a minus on those cars is the clutch. That car has the hardest clutch to push down I have ever seen. Just brutal.

    Not really sure what some of you guys are talking about when it come to resale value. I've seen a crap load of low mile WS6's going for like $24-25k and low mile firehawks going for $28-30k.

    All in all a supercharger is what it takes to beat a n/a ls1. Yes the cobra is faster but then again you have F/I. No other excuses.

    Somebody is always faster than you but a cobra is not unbeatable.

    btw to OP of this thread, look at getting a vette.

  5. #185
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblerman View Post
    I will say that modded cobra's can be really fast, the problem with them is the weight. About 3900 pounds is a heavy car. They are really nice cars, the new Gt500's are awesome. One thing that is a minus on those cars is the clutch. That car has the hardest clutch to push down I have ever seen. Just brutal.

    Not really sure what some of you guys are talking about when it come to resale value. I've seen a crap load of low mile WS6's going for like $24-25k and low mile firehawks going for $28-30k.

    All in all a supercharger is what it takes to beat a n/a ls1. Yes the cobra is faster but then again you have F/I. No other excuses.

    Somebody is always faster than you but a cobra is not unbeatable.

    btw to OP of this thread, look at getting a vette.
    Ya, the clutch is heavy. almost as heavy as my Spec stage II was in my old 5.0. but the stock clutch holds well tho, im still on my stock clutch about to cross 60,000 miles soon and holding strong.

  6. #186
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    not trying to get in a pissing match with anyone but the rwhp between a f-body & cobra are not 80hp are they?
    its about 60rwhp.

  7. #187
    member of the 11 sec club scramblerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South side chicago
    Posts
    463

    QuickSilver
    2002 Z06 vette 405hp!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    Ya, the clutch is heavy. almost as heavy as my Spec stage II was in my old 5.0. but the stock clutch holds well tho, im still on my stock clutch about to cross 60,000 miles soon and holding strong.
    I think that is the reason why the guy missed a gear, lol. He was racing a few other guys before I was able to match up with him. He does have the stock clutch but he said it is not going to last much longer. He's got 20k miles on it but then again he beats the hell out of the car with that much hp.

  8. #188
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Myabe if the cobra driver really didnt know how to drive, then its a possibility. But if both drivers are equal, and u have the same bolt ons as a cobra, ur not gonna win end of story. LS1's are great motors, but there not unstopable. Please no1 flip the fuck out becasue im telling the truth.
    This same guy has a thread about which spark plugs and wires he should buy yet he is an expert on LS1s and Cobras. Go buy a Cobra-you dont deserve a LS1.

  9. #189
    i have--MEMBER--a large T/A Barracus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15

    SOM
    01 WS6

    LOL............Scramblerman, you are using my old avatar that I made in like 1998 for this board. I didn't know they still had it on here. I will have to switch to it

    I like how they were able to keep my avatar but not my original account or post count .

  10. #190
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Fuck a post count.

  11. #191
    i have--MEMBER--a large T/A Barracus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15

    SOM
    01 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Fuck a post count.
    It wasn't that high anyway, but it kind of sucks when you've been a member since 1998 and all your history and everything gets wiped out, and your a junior member again.

  12. #192
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Become a goldmember like me! hahahaha all you have to do is type it in.

  13. #193
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    what are cobras putting down at the wheels stock?

  14. #194
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    what are cobras putting down at the wheels stock?
    Generally, in the 365-375rwhp range stock. as low as 340, as high as 395.

    im guessing most of the variance has to do with dyno variances. most will trap 110-112 stock with a low in the 109's and high in the 113's.

  15. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    142

    ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well I wouldn't trade my T/A or my vette for a cobra, but would admit that the cobra stock for stock against a T/A or camaro will pretty much destroy them doesnt even matter for shitty driver. When you have almost 80 more hp stock the bad driver part doesn't really take affect.
    BINGO ! You know cause youve raced and seen , any car can be beaten ,drivers being equal stock for stock no friggin way !Not even with boltons gimme a friggin break ,just goes to show how damn dumb you are !

  16. #196
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    142

    ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    ive done it buddy so you cant tell me it cant be done,have a little faith in your car and go run a cobra they are not ass unstoppable as you think trust me ive driven them and raced them,ill say it again once they start changing pullies though the ls1 n/a doesnt have a chance without some serious mods
    BULLSHIT! 2003 /2004 cobra You can beat it with bolt ons ! ?????Faith runs out in 2nd gear tell another story !

  17. #197
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    Generally, in the 365-375rwhp range stock. as low as 340, as high as 395.

    im guessing most of the variance has to do with dyno variances. most will trap 110-112 stock with a low in the 109's and high in the 113's.
    those cars weigh about 3900 lbs. right? i think my ws6 would give one a good run for their money.

  18. #198
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Sprayed Cobra- you are an accidental non pullout.

  19. #199
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Sprayed Cobra- you are an accidental non pullout.
    i didnt say sprayed i said stock.

  20. #200
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    BULLSHIT! 2003 /2004 cobra You can beat it with bolt ons ! ?????Faith runs out in 2nd gear tell another story !
    ILL TELL WHATEVER STORY I WANT TO TELL AND IM TELLING THE TRUTH,UP TO 100MPH THOSE CARS DONT HAVE A BIG ADVANTAGE,THESE WERE STOCK AND CAI,CATBACK RACES , BUT BOTH CARS WERE EQUAL ON MODS

    I DO THINK A STOCK COBRA MIGHT BEAT AN AUTO LS1 A LITTLE EASIER ON THE ROLL BUT MINE BEAT THEM NEVER BY MUCH BUT IT WOULD JUMP ON THEM

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. this has really got to hurt
    By tigersport14 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
  2. Will this hurt anything??
    By splitfinger09 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 01:31 PM
  3. Will this hurt anything?
    By bgable in forum External Engine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
  4. Will this hurt anything?!?!?
    By SteelmanLS1 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
  5. Ever hurt anyone with your car ??
    By 02 WS6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •