White
    01 Camaro 6speed

G37 auto vs 01Z28 M6

Well im trying to get another race going, i dont know if my friend will do it or not but i told him lets run. He has a brand new G37 auto with intake, exhuast and he says he is going to get a tune. I have my mods installed hooker muffler, exhuast cut out, SLP lid, Smooth Bellow, TB bypass im hoping i can get my cats removed and tune before we race but if not ohh well. He says its pretty fast and i dont doubt him, i havent raced the new G37 to know but will see what happens. Ill call him this week and see if he wants to meet up. What do you guys think, ive heard they are pretty fast do i stand a chance?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well im trying to get another race going, i dont know if my friend will do it or not but i told him lets run. He has a brand new G37 auto with intake, exhuast and he says he is going to get a tune. I have my mods installed hooker muffler, exhuast cut out, SLP lid, Smooth Bellow, TB bypass im hoping i can get my cats removed and tune before we race but if not ohh well. He says its pretty fast and i dont doubt him, i havent raced the new G37 to know but will see what happens. Ill call him this week and see if he wants to meet up. What do you guys think, ive heard they are pretty fast do i stand a chance?
    You will win.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Should be a close race stock he's putting down 330. Im guessing those have the manumatic shifting or whatever the hell you call it. Just race and find out. Only really way of telling.

pewter
    2002 camaro z28

one of my buddys has a G37s and he has a kn filter and exhaust, i have pacesetter lts and ory, slp lid, kn filter, magnaflow catback and i mashed him out. i won in a 1/4 by like 2-3 cars with no traction. you should have no problem beatin him

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I hope so i dont have any experience as to how fast they really are ive never raced or had a chance to race the new G37's but will see, hopefully i can pull on him.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I hope so i dont have any experience as to how fast they really are ive never raced or had a chance to race the new G37's but will see, hopefully i can pull on him.
    If you can drive you will win no problem. I destroyed one at the track the other day in my GTO and it is completely stock. The G37 ran a 13.9something

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

G37's are very respectable for a N/A six banger. You will take him.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

The G37's are sharp looking cars -- I wouldn't mind having one as a daily driver if there weren't already so many people driving them in Atlanta.

As for the race, the G37's are pretty quick, however (barring any major lapse of driver skill) you should win. Even with our traction issues from a dig, the LS1 should pull much harder up top.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Thread Information