For one
    Looking

Funny thing happened on my way to work....

Ok its not a kill story. So I'm heading in to work. I woke up late so I'm in a bit of a hurry. I get up to a trio of NIM rodders(aka they watched too much Fast and the Furious) apparently setting up for a race. They are lined up side by side and I'm trapped behind them as they bring it down to a 35 roll. Yeah that's REALLY gonna help me get to work on time... But I figure as soon as they start their race, I'll have a nice run and a chance to speed up.

They get on it and I'm right behind the "leader" as they punch it up to 80(where it seemed they topped out funny considering that on I17 south at that time the flow of traffic is generally 75-80)... One of the trio couldn't accelerate fast enough so I swung into his lane as I passed him(so much for the Fast part of the movie haha). and passed the leader, because as I said I was late for work... The lead car actually chases me down to my work parking lot(10 minutes early...). The conversation was kinda funny.

Him: That's a pretty fast ride you got.
    Me: Um its just my daily driver. The fast car hits the track on the weekends.
    H: Well its a pretty fast car, what have you done to it.
    M: Well I washed it after it rained the other day... Put gas in it, and that's it.
    H: No I mean what mods
    M: Um none(I'm thinking, he must not have noticed the temp tag on it from the dealer)
    H: What kind of car is it?
    M: (thinking wow he's really observant... That label that says Impala on it SHOULD have given it away) its a new Chevy Impala.
    H: What's it got under the hood?
    M: Just the stock 3.5 Litre.
    H: Oh yeah, well you needed a V8 to beat me(hmm he knows that Impalas can come with a V8, but not that the 3.5L isn't it? REAL Winner)
    M: Um its a V6.
    H: Then you did a good job racing
    M: I wasn't racing, I was just trying to get to work...
    H: ...
    M: if you want to race, you should head out to the track. Its safer, and its legal.

and I walked away.

Now I know a lot of people are going to bash me and say that there are fast Imports. I know this. The problem is there are more of these morons who stick fart cans on their cars and don't actually make their car any faster(in some cases actually slower) than those that actually know what they are doing.

Some may flame me for being hypocritical about telling people not to race when I speed. If you knew how I17 is in Phoenix, you would know that the flow of traffic is generally around 75-85. So not speeding tends to be a bit more dangerous.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Nice way to school them, what cars they have?

For one
    Looking

2 looked to be Civic hatchbacks one looked newer. the third looked like a VERY old and thrashed Accord mid to late 80's.

Looked to me that they did the old cut spring lowering as the suspension geometry was WAY off. And all 3 had the Bazooka fart can

Oh and in case anyone thinks I just hate Hondas, keep in mind I have a couple of uncles that work in Honda's race team.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

way to put a couple F&F wannabes in there places with the impala. Had to realy piss him off when you told him it was a 3.5 v6 lol

For one
    Looking

Actually I think it pissed him off more that I told him I wasn't racing, they were just slowing me down with their "racing"

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Nice Kill or sorta

Thread Information