Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Friends Prelude

This is a discussion on Friends Prelude within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by John_stout LOL so do kids around here just ask james. If I go rwd I will drop ...

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by John_stout View Post
    LOL so do kids around here just ask james. If I go rwd I will drop a s2000 drivetrain in it, but having no money blows or well enought to do that. Whats done to your rsx?

Some of us have to work for our money to fix up our cars. Mommy and daddy dont pay for anything.
    Everything but a SC, which i'll add a JRSC probably next year. Money is kindda tight.. Only kids in slow cars seem to want to race me. I have a friend that has the same mods and he's beat an Evo and he doesn't have the pulley setup i do which should help a tad more. You could take your pick, i have to domestics and two imports.. As far as the work comment, that wasn't needed since i'm probably old enough to be you dad..

black
    1999 prelude

I bet they put a b18 in it. Im not much for hondas but when i saw this one I was like damn I have to have it. Thinking about getting a wreaked ls1 to build up. I like torque, something the lude is lacking on. I was going to get a jackson racing supercharger, for low end torque but decided turbo is easyer to upgrade the boost and turn it down.(keep from blowing shit).

Naw im good on picking what car to race lol. I live in seminole, I went to thundervalley last tuesday but my car is messing up, I think its my idel air control valve is messed up because the rpms go up and down up and down.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

I bet they put a b18 in it. Im not much for hondas but when i saw this one I was like damn I have to have it. Thinking about getting a wreaked ls1 to build up. I like torque, something the lude is lacking on. I was going to get a jackson racing supercharger, for low end torque but decided turbo is easyer to upgrade the boost and turn it down.(keep from blowing shit)
    You must not know much about Honda's, more like an H22.. B18 is better in an Integra or Civic..

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

I was going to get a jackson racing supercharger, for low end torque but decided turbo is easyer to upgrade the boost and turn it down.(keep from blowing shit)
    But they are way to expensive, i can SC my civic & RSX-S for less than a turbo kit for either. plus the setup i will be running on my RSX will net me 300-310 whp..

black
    1999 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    You must not know much about Honda's, more like an H22.. B18 is better in an Integra or Civic..
    Hey i know mine is an h22a4. I thought he was talking about kids with like civics and shit.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Naw im good on picking what car to race lol. I live in seminole, I went to thundervalley last tuesday but my car is messing up, I think its my idel air control valve is messed up because the rpms go up and down up and down.
    sounds like a vaccum leak...

black
    1999 prelude

But they are way to expensive, i can SC my civic & RSX-S for less than a turbo kit for either. plus the setup i will be running on my RSX will net me 300-310 whp..
    Yea a jrsc for my car is lik 3200.

black
    1999 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    What hoses should I follow to see if I have a leak. Also my o2 sensors are both out. So thats means i have to get a new cat, because as im sure you know that the second o2 sensor only comes on if your cat is bad

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Depends on what car but it sounds like a TPS..

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Yea a jrsc for my car is lik 3200.
    Last time i looked it was 2500 for my RSX & 2100 for the B16 Civic..

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

What hoses should I follow to see if I have a leak. Also my o2 sensors are both out. So thats means i have to get a new cat, because as im sure you know that the second o2 sensor only comes on if your cat is bad
    No you don't, get a denso primary & secoandary..Plus that very odd for both to be out, if your primary is messed up that would make your car run bad or maybe not even run..
    Throw one of these on.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...spagenameZWDVW

black
    1999 prelude

Depends on what car but it sounds like a TPS..
    No i dont think its that the car doesnt feel like its going to die. When i drive around for a while the rpms go faster but only move like 200 up and down really fast the samething happends when i unplug the iacv.

black
    1999 prelude

The secondary o2 sensor send an ok to your ecu to let it know that the cat is working, and doing its job. I could be wrong but i believe im right.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

they are hard to find... if your cat took a shit that would cause a choppy idle and a lack of power... plus your check engine light would come on and stay on even after the codes are cleared...

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

The secondary o2 sensor send an ok to your ecu to let it know that the cat is working, and doing its job. I could be wrong but i believe im right.
    Pretty much, its there to make sure you have one and that its working.

black
    1999 prelude

Now I know there are fake 02 sensors that you can buy if you want to run a test pipe, It just tells you ecu that you have a cat and keeps the cel off. So if worse comes to worse.

P.S. this place is a hell of alot better than preludeonline.com. I can post something and sit my comp down go take a shit and come back and like 10 people have replyed lol

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

they are hard to find... if your cat took a shit that would cause a choppy idle and a lack of power... plus your check engine light would come on and stay on even after the codes are cleared...
    I'm not saying that it can't happen but i've never heard of one just going bad. The only one that i had problems with got clogged but it was obvious, terrible mpg & not so good performance. I replaced it with a high flow and instanly the mpg went out of the teens & the performance was back. That was on a 87 Trans Am GTA 5.7L..

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

A drag turbo kit on 9 psi. Cams, cam gears, 8.5 pound flywheel, clutch and alot more just to lazy to sit here for like 20 min naming everything. I made 348.6 fwhp I only wish i could say rwhp.
    a lot of money spent there,.....could have bought a stock formula and still had a faster car

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Now I know there are fake 02 sensors that you can buy if you want to run a test pipe, It just tells you ecu that you have a cat and keeps the cel off. So if worse comes to worse.

P.S. this place is a hell of alot better than preludeonline.com. I can post something and sit my comp down go take a shit and come back and like 10 people have replyed lol
    Actually i could show you how to make one which is very easy & for $5..
    I also find the people more mature here, i'm on clubrsx.com & they're so immature.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I'm not saying that it can't happen but i've never heard of one just going bad. The only one that i had problems with got clogged but it was obvious, terrible mpg & not so good performance. I replaced it with a high flow and instanly the mpg went out of the teens & the performance was back. That was on a 87 Trans Am GTA 5.7L..
    both of mine took a shit on me... i had to gut them both...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information