Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

freeway roll against evo 9

Posted up awhile back about two very close kills on roll and dig races against two different local evo 9's in my 98 Z28. These were very close races with me coming out victorious every time.
    Well now I was going out of town for the holidays when I get lined up on the freeway with nothing but open road against a brand new blue Mitsubishi Evo 9! I was like sweet, I had already barely beaten those previous evo's at a dig on only street tires in my camaro so i was like sweet I'm gonna put a serious thrashin on this guy on the freeway. Sure enough we line up with three honks on a fourth gear 80 roll. I honked three times and wait for him to hit it first, I hit it and immediately jump out about 2 cars, he kinda hangs back there with me for a little bit and then I just started pulling hard above like 120 he stayed in it cause he was still back there but I put bus lengths on him by 145 and shut it down. It was awesome i pulled on him hard. Next I slow down and wait for him and slow to about 60 for a third gear roll to give him a little chance. I honk three times again and we punch it together and I pulled a car immediately and then he hung on my bumper but once I got to fourth I just started pulling away and put bus lengths on him again. No replacement for v8 horsepower on the freeway! My car has lid, free mods, muffler, smooth bellows and shifter.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Good Kill ...now all we have to do is wait for the evo members lol

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    Good Kill ...now all we have to do is wait for the evo members lol
    we have good evo guys here. same with stone. he owns a fast ass srt-4

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

good kill tho. the ls1s are known as highway monsters for a reason

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Good kills!!!!!

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    im only kidding

Uh-oh here I am, the EVO guy

Good kill though, sounds about right. You have the edge for sure even stock, and since you have some small mods, definitely no chance for stock EVO on freeway.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

thanks guys happy new year!

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post

Good kill though, sounds about right. You have the edge for sure even stock, and since you have some small mods, definitely no chance for stock EVO on freeway.
    Your contributions are right on. Keep it up - way to represent!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs down

The LS1 has more than just an "edge" on a stock Evo on the highway. Its no comparison, we're talking about a 240WHP 4 banger sedan vs. a 310WHP V8 with better aeordynamics. Thats a joke, I pull stock Evos (8 or 9) like they are going backwards

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The LS1 has more than just an "edge" on a stock Evo on the highway. Its no comparison, we're talking about a 240WHP 4 banger sedan vs. a 310WHP V8 with better aeordynamics. Thats a joke, I pull stock Evos (8 or 9) like they are going backwards
    you prolly forget about weight factor!!!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    you prolly forget about weight factor!!!
    Yea...all 150lbs of it. Not significant at all.

Yea...all 150lbs of it. Not significant at all.
    they are like 150-200lbs lighter and it does effects.. not much but it does.. LS1 definetely kills those from a roll but give them some credit man.. you are saying you kill them like they are going backwards.. i think they are little cars with HUGE balls..props from me..

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    they are like 150-200lbs lighter and it does effects.. not much but it does.. LS1 definetely kills those from a roll but give them some credit man.. you are saying you kill them like they are going backwards.. i think they are little cars with HUGE balls..props from me..
    That is an insignificant weight difference, and isn't noticeable at highway speeds.

I'm not giving them any credit they don't deserve, its an ugly little riced out 4 door sedan with a turbo, they are plenty of much nicer cars that are even faster, for less money.

They don't have any "balls" at all...its a 4 cylinder..its got about as much low end power as a Civic, they only start pulling once the turbo spools. Sorry but thats not what I consider a performance vehicle, its a riced up econobox that happends to be quick. No props to the Evo from me.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

ok, we all got the hint. let's not drag this out.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

That is an insignificant weight difference, and isn't noticeable at highway speeds.

I'm not giving them any credit they don't deserve, its an ugly little riced out 4 door sedan with a turbo, they are plenty of much nicer cars that are even faster, for less money.

They don't have any "balls" at all...its a 4 cylinder..its got about as much low end power as a Civic, they only start pulling once the turbo spools. Sorry but thats not what I consider a performance vehicle, its a riced up econobox that happends to be quick. No props to the Evo from me.
    ok.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

So sorry im not as privelaged as you to afford a F-body at the time! Moron! You want bottem end torque i will pull you from a dig any time and i have FWD!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

LMAO ...hes already been challanged to race SEVERAL times by EE and his evo....hes declined cuz hes scared over and over ......talk is cheap ....put up when challanged about what u say or shut up

Riiiiiight. Come down and race my friends stock 2005 EVO anyday, we will video tape it and make a real comparison. Id like to see how hard you pull it from a roll... Im being serious. Your MODDED LS1 vs stock 05 EVO from a roll... You dont have to race me dont worry.

I pulled stock LS1s from a roll like theyre going backwards too. Congratulations.

I also have a stock EVO9 with just a flash too. We're waiting to do some real comparison tests, enough talking already.
    Last edited by EE1983; 01-04-2007 at 04:52 AM.

Riiiiiight. Come down and race my friends stock 2005 EVO anyday, we will video tape it and make a real comparison. Id like to see how hard you pull it from a roll... Im being serious. Your MODDED LS1 vs stock 05 EVO from a roll... You dont have to race me dont worry.

I pulled stock LS1s from a roll like theyre going backwards too. Congratulations.

I also have a stock EVO9 with just a flash too. We're waiting

now i have to disagree with you.. from a dig awd is a different story but i can't see a stock evo pulls on a stock LS1 from a roll.. evos are little fast cars but not as fast as LS1s from a roll..

Thread Information