Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

formula ws6 ram destroys svt cobra

This is a discussion on formula ws6 ram destroys svt cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; dont hate the player hate the game...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

dont hate the player hate the game

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    It was a point of clarification. If it doesn't matter to you, then why comment?

Another one that might not matter (as far as you know) is that there was about a 200 lb weight difference between a loaded LT1 T/A and an 03/04 Cobra.
    LT1 cars were heavier than LS1 cars, about 100 pounds heavier (mainly because of the iron block), the curb weight of a 96 TA is around 3500 pounds, not sure about a Formula?

Anyone know if the formulas are lighter? Just curious.

I know a 03 Cobra goes 3665 pounds. The 165 pound differance wouldnt make up the horsepower advantage in the Cobra. True rwhp is average 365 on a Termy and only 255 for a 96 Ram Air T/A.

Ive always been told that 100 pounds equals 10 horsepower. Also been told 100 pounds equalls 1/10 sec in the quarter mile. Anyone know if this is true? Im sure its just an estimation.

My 97 Z-28 Convertable weighs exactly 3520 lbs. with a full tank and no passengers. Haven't weighed the 02 SS convertable yet, waiting for the weather to break here. Larry.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    LT1 cars were heavier than LS1 cars, about 100 pounds heavier (mainly because of the iron block), the curb weight of a 96 TA is around 3500 pounds, not sure about a Formula?

Anyone know if the formulas are lighter? Just curious.

I know a 03 Cobra goes 3665 pounds. The 165 pound differance wouldnt make up the horsepower advantage in the Cobra. True rwhp is average 365 on a Termy and only 255 for a 96 Ram Air T/A.

Ive always been told that 100 pounds equals 10 horsepower. Also been told 100 pounds equalls 1/10 sec in the quarter mile. Anyone know if this is true? Im sure its just an estimation.
    Ok - its closer to 165 lbs than 200 lbs.

"True" RWHP is very much dyno dependent. My personal opinion of "true" RWHP for the WS6 LT1 is about 10 RWHP higher than what you posted, and perhaps 5 lower for the Cobra (I've had one). But much like 165 to 200, the hairs are really starting to split now.

Everything else being equal, the performance difference between the cars is large. Don't think anybody would dispute that.

100/10/.1 is a long-time generality that seems to work pretty well for most mild (12 second and slower) street cars (assuming traction).

black
    1996 ws6 ram air formula

btw my bird isnt exactly bone stock as you say. new dual friction clutch msd ignition system flowmasters wit no cats and a granatelli maf that a10-15rwhp gauranteed. not a lot of mods but still enuff 2 help a good bit. any1 know how much flows wit not cats would add btw??

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

of all the things u listed i dont think any of them expect the cats delete guarntee much HP....ive heard flowmasters dont do shit but make is sound better and the mass air flow sensers can do more harm than good.....your basicly stock...i call an ls1 witha lid and cat back stock....close enough...

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    My 97 Z-28 Convertable weighs exactly 3520 lbs. with a full tank and no passengers. Haven't weighed the 02 SS convertable yet, waiting for the weather to break here. Larry.
    Camaros are lighter than TA's, at least from 93-02 years.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by blakdws6formula View Post
    btw my bird isnt exactly bone stock as you say. new dual friction clutch msd ignition system flowmasters wit no cats and a granatelli maf that a10-15rwhp gauranteed. not a lot of mods but still enuff 2 help a good bit. any1 know how much flows wit not cats would add btw??
    I noticed in your other post on this site, you are trying to trade your bird and one other car you have. What are you wanting to trade it for, I noticed you offered to trade for a 90 vette. I personally wouldnt do that, my father has had a bunch of 90's vettes, they are not that fast. I would keep the Formula. just my opinion on the matter.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

You probally are pushing 265-270 rear horsepower. A good driver with your car would be a high 13 second quarter mile.
    When my 99 TA was running a best time of 13.1 quarter, my friend was running a 97 ws6 m6 with borla cat back, knn filter, hypertech programmer 3.73 gears, was running a best of 13.7, It sounds close, but I could leave him in a street race.

Is there anyone on here that has actually weighed their T/A's to back up that claim Preston? I'm not disagreeing with you, but I am not sure what point you are trying to make. And I like to see actual weights from people that were actually on a real scale with options listed,,,not what the manuals say the cars weigh,,know what I mean? Larry.

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

i have a 1996 firebird formula ws6 with factory ram air. black 6spd with tan leather. has flowmaster exhaust msd ignition system granatelli maf new clutch new 285 gforces n the rear. just destroyed a 2003 svt cobra yesterday. this guy followed me around town and finally i said forget what my wife says n the passenger seat i gotta teach the stang boys a lesson lol. i let him get on it n pull a lil...then dropped it down to 3rd n it was all over after that. lol you could c him shiftin his heart out n it lookd like his car just stopped. he tried revenge several times. i told him he wasted perfectly good premium. lol.
    BUUWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.........

Silver
    03 Cobra

i guess its true, it doesent matter how much power the other guy has as long as your driving an F-body, you will win.

Silver
    04 Cobra

GOOD STORY!! I have had a fully bolt-on 00 WS6, and it would be no match for a stock Termi. Thats why I traded for one
    04 Cobra
    634.4rwhp 647.8rwtq
    Yea I own a Cobra now, so what!!

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Is there anyone on here that has actually weighed their T/A's to back up that claim Preston? I'm not disagreeing with you, but I am not sure what point you are trying to make. And I like to see actual weights from people that were actually on a real scale with options listed,,,not what the manuals say the cars weigh,,know what I mean? Larry.
    No real point to be made, just conversation. I never weighed any of my cars on a scale, Im just going off of google searches and internet sites. Also specs I found in magazines.

The SS/Z28 Camaro is about 40 pounds lighter than the WS6/Trans Am every year since 93 at least, from what I read, and the LT1 year cars are about 85 pounds heavier than the LS1 year cars. Not sure if it is accurate, but it makes since in my opinion. The T/A is more curvier than the Maros, more ground effects, bigger spoiler, even interior peices seem to be bigger in the Pontiacs. And the LT1 has a Iron block and I believe the LS1 was the first aluminum driveshaft.

Also read that the 93 model Z28 and T/A were the lightest made f-body cars from 93 all the way till 02.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    GOOD STORY!! I have had a fully bolt-on 00 WS6, and it would be no match for a stock Termi. Thats why I traded for one
    Off subject, I know, but what all you done to get your termy to 500 rwhp, I want to get there too. But with out getting a whipple or KB.

And how did you get your sig. on the bottom of your posts to work, mine wont show up?
    Last edited by preston1980; 02-21-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Interesting preston. I plan to weigh the 02 SS I just picked up but the weather has not cooperated. It is a convertable just like the 97 I have,,,and I am interested to see if there is any difference in weight. They are equipped almost exactly the same with only the transmissions being different. Larry.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

LT1 light bolt on beating 03 Cobra... yea... OK!

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Off subject, I know, but what all you done to get your termy to 500 rwhp, I want to get there too. But with out getting a whipple or KB.

And how did you get your sig. on the bottom of your posts to work, mine wont show up?
    Well all the typical bolt-ons and PORT that Blower. as far as the sig click it after you post in additional options. Hope this helps!

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Ooooooooo k

So basicly the guy couldn't drive
    The SVT was switching gears at 3500 rpm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information