Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

formula ws6 ram destroys svt cobra

This is a discussion on formula ws6 ram destroys svt cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Agreed....

Agreed.

im sure you killed a mustang, but i doubt it was any 01-03 cobra. regardless nice kill!

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by blakdws6formula View Post
    it might not have been an 03 thought it was but i definitely raped him. it was red wit tan leather interior. my torque was what pulled him and to tell u the truth i thought i would get ate 2. i do not lie and will tell when i lose. i will even go as far as 2 admit an import almost pulled me. it was a tsi..guess i underestimated awd. once again was pretty sure it was an 03 but i do know around that year svt cobra wit a stick..i will swear on my life on that.
    No '03 Cobras had tan interior - they were all Charcoal Grey.

It was probably a '98 or '99 Cobra...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm not going to bash any car,,,the same principle would apply if he beat an LS1 4th gen,,,or an old school muscle car,,,my point is this....so many people nowadays put an emphasis on HP numbers,,,"what did your car make",,,well mine made this blah blah blah,,,but it really doesn't mean squat.
    I have a 638 hp chevelle,,,doesn't mean I can't be beat by a car making 500 hp. None of this matters. I just enjoy reading this section no matter what is winning or losing,,,,this is supposed to be fun guys,,,geeewiz. Larry.
    well put called "racing respect"

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Good kill...regardless what year the rustang was!!!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    haha u raced a mustang GT of the same body style with cobra badges on it.....even IF and IF it was an 01 cobra he woulda at the VERY minium kept up with u......sry bro.....03-04 snakes would eat u ALIVE from a roll.......shoulda made your story from a dig and said he sat and spun for yrs to make it believable
    The 01 would have smoked him too.

He might be confused about which car. Saw a 99-04 GT yesterday with Cobra badges where the GT side badges are supposed to be, but the back bumper said MUSTANG. I KNOW the 99 Cobra had MUSTANG on the rear bumper from the factory, but it had SVT badge on the back too, with some writing under it. He didn't have any badges on the rear either. POSER

The 01, 03, 04 Cobra has COBRA on the bumper, and SVT badge alone on the rear, left rear, bottom of the trunk lid. And, the 99-04 Cobra had a racing horse for the front grille emblem, NOT a snake. I still can't figure that one out.

These guys have to really go out of their way to get a GT to look EXACTLY like a Cobra of the same year model. I don't know why they don't save their money up and get one to begin with.

I got a Z, and I plan to LEAVE it a Z. No posin' for me.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Angus66 View Post
    No '03 Cobras had tan interior - they were all Charcoal Grey.

It was probably a '98 or '99 Cobra...
    You could get the tan interior on the 01 too.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    dude theres no way.....if it was a 03-04 cobra, then no way...or he wasnt tryin.....i admit the driver mod has a lot do to with racing...but not when the other car has def over 100+ rwhp

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    dude theres no way.....if it was a 03-04 cobra, then no way...or he wasnt tryin.....i admit the driver mod has a lot do to with racing...but not when the other car has def over 100+ rwhp
    i thought it was 305 vs 390

therefore 85hp difference... or am i missing something

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post

'03/'04 Cobras were just a BIT under-rated hp-wise...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post

well thats factory rated flywheel....stock for stock....lt1's are round mid 250's rwhp...some higher, some shorter....03-04 cobras are all round 380rwhp

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

03/04 Cobra's averaged closer to 360 RWHP (SAE) bone stock.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

does it matter? 360 or 380 its still OVER a 100 rwhp advantage.....its like saying a 100 percent STOCK fbody beat me from a 3rd gear roll.........theres no chance in fucking hell that would happen....ive ran into a few already and the comparsion from a roll is rediculous ....and i dont even know for sure these ls1 fbodys were 100 percent stock....not likely....like ive said before from a dead stop its a far diff story because traction CAN be a huge factor....but not from 70mph

HP is overrated. What counts is who can make it to the finish line first.
    My chevelle makes 638 hp at the flywheel,,had it on the dyno before I installed it. Buddy of mine has a 69 camaro with a 496 stroker, made 720 HP at the flywheel,,,not only is he making more power than me,,,his car weighs only 3400 lbs. and my chevelle tips the scales at 4,108 lbs.
    I tear him up on the street, both from a dig and a roll,,,but on paper it shouldn't be happening,,,he has more than one advantage on me,,,but it's no contest. Can't explain why.
    Another friend of mine has an 03 cobra with a few mods,,,it's fast enough, and traps around 120 mph but he can't get his ET out of the 12's,,,the independent rear sucks, even with drag radials his 60 foot is terrible. I take him every time on the street in my chevelle. These cobra's are not unbeatable, anything can be beat on any given day. What makes the difference is who can suck it up and say,,ya you beat me,,thats a fast car you have,,,,and then their are the people who get pissed, want a rematch, argue over HP and how this or that shouldn't have happened etc....where is the fun in that? It seems there are more people that would rather complain than accept defeat. Takes all the fun out of it. Too much testosterone or something,,,lol.
    There is always someone that is going to be faster,,,no matter what the dyno says. Larry.

pewter

he said he beat it numerous times from a roll bud??? and were not talking about 2 MONSTER 600 plus hp beasts where traction/suspension makes a WORLD of diff...were talkin about 2 nearly stock cars from a highway roll no less...sry man your wrong about this situation and RIGHT about your own one..there far diff...start me at 70mph ( 3rd gear roll as he mentioned) over and over and show me a car with 100 less rwhp and nearly the same weight that can take me in numerous races back to back....its not happening ..sry your wrong....from a dead stop as u keep mentioning and its NOT the same kind of race..and YES anything CAN and has happend....ive lost to cars with less hp and beat cars with more ( in my 99z28 when i had it) ..from a roll gearing/ weight to hp ratio/aerodynamics are all that matters....and not missing 4th....lol

Nonsense,,,if you believe that you are just hardheaded. Anything can happen,,,we don't know the whole story and probably never will.
    To sit here and say we know what happened or this or that isn't possible is simply rediculous for us to do so. We weren't there,,,,and we are kidding ourselves.
    It's sad we can't seem to even change our oil without having a video about it with blood samples to go along with it. Sheeeesh. You guys are just over the top. Larry.

pewter

Wink

your right anything can happen....i COULD win the lottery!!!! and a nearly stock lt1 could be a term from a roll

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

If you race a guy several times, you got to talk to him sooner or later and ask him about his car. What year is it?? Do you have anything done to it?

Then in turn he ask you the same questions and gives you the thumbs up and takes his beat ass home. Good kill I guess I don't know what car you really raced, but a kill is a kill.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    does it matter?
    It was a point of clarification. If it doesn't matter to you, then why comment?

Another one that might not matter (as far as you know) is that there was about a 200 lb weight difference between a loaded LT1 T/A and an 03/04 Cobra.

pewter

true true..just saying there minor details between cars there are MAJORLY apart in performace......sry bro ..shoulda left it alone ......i want a term under my belt ....be a fun race!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information