Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

first time race 98 t/a vs. 03 rustang gt

This is a discussion on first time race 98 t/a vs. 03 rustang gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by TRMach1 Yeah, them Cobras, they're the ONLY Mustangs that have any power at all. See even mustang ...

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    Yeah, them Cobras, they're the ONLY Mustangs that have any power at all.
    See even mustang owners agree they're slow!...................................

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    See even mustang owners agree they're slow!...................................
    haha yeah the only reason most cobras and gt500s are fast is cuz they have a huge blower pushin a ton of air through their lil blocks, not sayin i wouldnt love to have a blower/ super charger

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 98snowt/a View Post
    haha yeah the only reason most cobras and gt500s are fast is cuz they have a huge blower pushin a ton of air through their lil blocks, not sayin i wouldnt love to have a blower/ super charger
    Then explain to me how a stock 03-04 Mach 1 with a little 4.6L DOHC without a supercharger can run the same times as a stock F-Body? Both can run 13.1-13.4 stock.

BTW, BlkCloud's 99 Cobra that had no nitrous and not supercharger/turbo was running mid 11's back in the day too.

Ball is in your court now kid.
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 10-14-2009 at 09:51 AM.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    Then explain to me how a stock 03-04 Mach 1 with a little 4.6L DOHC without a supercharger can run the same times as a stock F-Body? Both can run 13.1-13.4 stock.

BTW, BlkCloud's 99 Cobra that had no nitrous and not supercharger/turbo was running mid 11's back in the day too.

MACH1's had a DUAL OVER HEAD CAM if an ls1 had shit like that it would fucking pone some serious ass, and i bet that guy with the 99 cobra had a shit ton of mods to his motor. so the balls not in my court douche I FUCKING KICKED IT OUT

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

MACH1's had a DUAL OVER HEAD CAM if an ls1 had shit like that it would fucking pone some serious ass, and i bet that guy with the 99 cobra had a shit ton of mods to his motor. so the balls not in my court douche I FUCKING KICKED IT OUT
    No, Blkclouds 99 cobra had just bolt ons and the car made like 320whp and went mid 11s with drag radials and low 11s with slicks. The car did have drivetrain and suspension work but was only making the power of a bolt on f-body and the cobra weighed like 3300-3400lbs. The car was dialed in to launch hard, i mean the guy was getting the front tires 5 feet off the ground with slicks and 305ishwhp.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-14-2009 at 02:01 PM.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Oh really genius? Here is a tidbit of info. All 96-04 Cobras were DUAL OVER HEAD CAM along with the GT500 just like the Mach 1. You said the Cobras and GT500 needs a big blower pushing air to make it fast, yet the Mach 1 has the same motor with NO BLOWER and was running low 13's stock just like the LS1. So what is your comeback to that? I suggest you just sit on the sideline and let those that know what they are really talking about handle the discussion.

Oh and don;t play the "If an LS1 had blah blah". You sound like a keyboard ricer. What if my sister had a d!ck, would she be my brother?

Also Bob's car had 320 rwhp very similar in rwhp to many 01+ LS1's and was a "Factory Stock" NA motor with just bolt ons a built drivetrain and a damn good driver. So no, you did not kick it out of the court, you didn't know how to dribble. Nice job in owning yourself
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 10-14-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

white
    98 trans am

Oh really genius? Here is a tidbit of info. All 96-04 Cobras were DUAL OVER HEAD CAM along with the GT500 just like the Mach 1. You said the Cobras and GT500 needs a big blower pushing air to make it fast, yet the Mach 1 has the same motor with NO BLOWER and was running low 13's stock just like the LS1. So what is your comeback to that? I suggest you just sit on the sideline and let those that know what they are really talking about handle the discussion.

Oh and don;t play the "If an LS1 had blah blah". You sound like a keyboard ricer. What if my sister had a d!ck, would she be my brother?

Also Bob's car had 320 rwhp very similar in rwhp to many 01+ LS1's and was a "Factory Stock" NA motor with just bolt ons a built drivetrain and a damn good driver. So no, you did not kick it out of the court, you didn't know how to dribble. Nice job in owning yourself
    not really thats not saying much anyways if they are dohc , if they had a single cam just like ls1s they'd prolly be slower than shit so wait didnt you say ur sister had a dick GO SUCK IT

not really thats not saying much anyways if they are dohc , if they had a single cam just like ls1s they'd prolly be slower than shit so wait didnt you say ur sister had a dick GO SUCK IT
    Every point you've made is completely wrong and or irrelevant. Just because a motor DOHC vs. a single cam doesn't automatically make it superior or faster.

For instance Toyota's 1UZ-FE V8 is a very well built motor with DOHC design, and it makes 256hp stock. The GM LS7 and LS9 engines make 505hp and 638hp stock, respectively, on a single cam.

It's quite clear you have no idea what you are talking about and you're doing a very poor job trying to glorify the LS1.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Great another example of todays youth. One day these fools will grow up to be "responsible" adults. To damn lazy and/or stupid.

To better educate you... in the end it basically comes down to cubic inches. The lsxs are great motors but no engineering breakthrough. The modulars can get the job done but I'd love to have another pushrod with the options for going bigger.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Your argument is delusional and flawed. Basically you are saying is you don't know what you are talking about. You know it is better to appear stupid, then to speak and erase any doubt.
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 10-15-2009 at 04:39 AM.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    Great another example of todays youth. One day these fools will grow up to be "responsible" adults. To damn lazy and/or stupid..
    hey now not all of us youngins are that stupid. dont be so prejudice. some of us are actually on here to learn things from the vets (like myself and im sure others) and not to just talk smack about stock mustangs. take a step back kid your making us all look bad. just race to race not to win and go talkin smack to everyone

silver
    2002 ws6

stock for stock an ls1's time is usually 1-2 tenths quicker in the 1\4 than the mach. sure they are close but the ls1 comes out on top most of the time.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    stock for stock an ls1's time is usually 1-2 tenths quicker in the 1\4 than the mach. sure they are close but the ls1 comes out on top most of the time.
    Yes. I have also seen most stock Mach 1's run 13.1-13.3 just as I see stock LS1's run the same.

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

I like reading these but donít normally post but if I donít I will get a message very soon that says I should. My feelings, who has a car thatís stock and if you do you are missing all the fun! If you havenít been beaten, you are not looking hard enough! I like Mustangs I donít have anything against any other persons car; I donít have to put their car down to make me feel better about mine. My last DD was a mach 1 312/329, go to the track 5 or 6 times a year, run 8.1-8.3 most of the time in the 1/8th had a lot of fun lost some, won some but I guess I need to find some of these cars on both the ford and chevy forums because I havenít really seen that many at the track. Racing is alive and well!!!
    2012 Shelby GT500 DD

08 GT/CS Vert 426/430 a couple of bolt ons. (sold)
    03 Mach 1 Black and Gold (sold)
    33 Ford 5 Window
    57 Chevy

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    And when two cars are that close, one little mistake, and you're toast!

The Mach 1 has gearing and midrange torque in it's favor, which usually means the LS1 is playing catch up at the top of the quarter mile.

The mistake most Mach 1 drivers make is that they run the car out of it's power band up top by winding third gear out to about 6.8k rpms, when power started dropping off back around 6,200 rpms.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    And when two cars are that close, one little mistake, and you're toast!

The Mach 1 has gearing and midrange torque in it's favor, which usually means the LS1 is playing catch up at the top of the quarter mile.

The mistake most Mach 1 drivers make is that they run the car out of it's power band up top by winding third gear out to about 6.8k rpms, when power started dropping off back around 6,200 rpms.
    They aren't spinning up that high unless they have a cam because the comp won't allow that. I heard your 2-3 gear sucks that's when we edge you out.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    They aren't spinning up that high unless they have a cam because the comp won't allow that....
    Do what? What is "the comp"? Assuming "the comp" is compression, what does that have to do with how high the motor will spin?

As for the Mach I...it has a good gearing advantage in 1st, some in 2nd, and slight advantage in 3rd and 4th (very slight). However, compared to the LS1, it does not have a mid-range advantage. The Mach 1 engine certainly makes better mid-range power than the earlier N/A 4.6 DOHC motors, but cannot compare to the LS1 at what are typically considered "mid-range" rpm.

Overall, I agree with Big Hammer on the Mach vs LS1....close enough in the 1/4 mile to be a driver's race, but if all goes equal, the LS1 should edge it out.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Do what? What is "the comp"? Assuming "the comp" is compression, what does that have to do with how high the motor will spin?

As for the Mach I...it has a good gearing advantage in 1st, some in 2nd, and slight advantage in 3rd and 4th (very slight). However, compared to the LS1, it does not have a mid-range advantage. The Mach 1 engine certainly makes better mid-range power than the earlier N/A 4.6 DOHC motors, but cannot compare to the LS1 at what are typically considered "mid-range" rpm.

Overall, I agree with Big Hammer on the Mach vs LS1....close enough in the 1/4 mile to be a driver's race, but if all goes equal, the LS1 should edge it out.
    i think by comp he means computer? so i'm assuming he's reffering to the rev limiter...

white
    98 trans am

well sorry if i was wrong , but i just dont like mustang haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information