Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

white
    98 trans am

Cool first time race 98 t/a vs. 03 rustang gt

Well im 17 still in high school and i finally scrounged up the money to buy a trans am. theres this kid at school thats mommy and dad bought him a 03 mustang gt for his b-day or something and when i drove my t/a to school he started talking shit, soo i said only one way to settle this. We drove out to the local park, which has a straight stretch of about a half a mile. He pulls up and revs the piss out of it i just look over and say ok on 3. i honk 3 times and punch it to the floor hard, i look over and the look on his face is shock as i pass his ass and take him by about 18 car lenghts in the end. then he pulls up and says ohh its cuz i spun, so we race back the other way this time he trys passing me so i punch it again and pull hard on him and i never looked back. So im pretty sure he got the message that i have the fastest car at school if not

Rally Red
    98 Camaro Z28

18 car lengths damn he must suck. What are your mods? good kill
    98 Z28 A4 T-Tops, Magnaflow exhaust-Fun car

02 F150 V6 M5-DD

Lifes A Garden, Dig It!!! 02convertibleT/A's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

take him to hte local drag strip, wont get any slip there. or atleast barely any at all with a couple of stock cars. then you will really see how fast both cars are.

yah 99-04 GT's are not fast stock. They only have around 265hp. I have an 01. I just use it as a VERY nice sounding cruising vehicle, LOL. My parents T/A is SOOOOO much more fun to drive!!! especially since they put magnaflows on it.

silver
    2002 ws6

nice kill. if you want at least a half challenge try an 05+ stang

white
    98 trans am

i only have an mti air box, my tires are alittle wider than stock not by much a half inch or alittle more. and yeah im gonna try it at an 06 mustang gt tomorrow if the rain will cut out. See what happens lol i have a buddy that has 17inch rims with slicks and skinnies he said i could borrow them, i think i will when i race that 06 just for the hell of it

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by F.G. View Post
    18 car lengths damn he must suck. What are your mods? good kill
    i have the video of it too , haha good thing for camera phones lol i'll see if i can post it some how when i get home tonight , im at school right now haha. apparently im supposed to be typing some english paper but i dont care, cars are more fun than english anyday

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

Ahh to be young again

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 98snowt/a View Post
    i only have an mti air box, my tires are alittle wider than stock not by much a half inch or alittle more. and yeah im gonna try it at an 06 mustang gt tomorrow if the rain will cut out. See what happens lol i have a buddy that has 17inch rims with slicks and skinnies he said i could borrow them, i think i will when i race that 06 just for the hell of it
    slicks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-sR0bUZp74&feature=related[/ame]

white
    98 trans am

yeahh , hahaha i thought about that too butttt thats why they make ford9" rear ends lol

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nice kill. if you want at least a half challenge try an 05+ stang
    Meh, I have an 07 GT/CS, they ain't that fast..Fun - Oh yeah. Sounds Great..
    fast ? Hell no.

white
    98 trans am

wtf Y do you have a freaking mustang on an ls1 site, and so what dude ur mustangs fast up against a 98t/a but lets see it beat the newer lsx engines like in a gto or vette or the new camaro you'll get poned bud

Black
    1999 WS6

The GT/CS is what 315HP? It should be a close run against the Firebird. I would imagine a drivers race. The 98-04 Mustangs have little power unless you have a Cobra, then you're getting closer. 2011 Mustang vs 2011 Camaro will be what I'm waiting to see. The 2010 will probably give the older F Body cars a good run too.
    I have both a Mustang and a WS6. I love them both.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    slicks

The little honda driver must have bragged his ass of after that one lol

Black
    1999 Trans Am

wtf Y do you have a freaking mustang on an ls1 site, and so what dude ur mustangs fast up against a 98t/a but lets see it beat the newer lsx engines like in a gto or vette or the new camaro you'll get poned bud
    Quite a few members on here drive mustangs or other non-LSx motors and unless I'm reading his post wrong he's saying mustangs arent that fast. Anyway nice kill have fun with the new toy.

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Quite a few members on here drive mustangs or other non-LSx motors and unless I'm reading his post wrong he's saying mustangs arent that fast. Anyway nice kill have fun with the new toy.
    well im not saying all stangs are slow but that guy kinda pissed me off cuz i felt like he was dissing my car by saying his 07 or w/e gt/cs was faster, considering my cars like close to ten years older id say its pretty fast for its age, but i love it cant wait till i start modding it out hoping to get it into 11's or faster

white
    2000 Z28

crimson sin used to have a camaro. cammed and geared if i remember right. traded it for his current mustang for practicality. if i remember right there was an impending problem with his old camaro.

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    crimson sin used to have a camaro. cammed and geared if i remember right. traded it for his current mustang for practicality. if i remember right there was an impending problem with his old camaro.
    ohwell, i like ur camaro btw looks nice

Black
    1999 Trans Am

lol I'll say it STANGS ARE SLOW!!! But like my dad says even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Crimson Sin fucked up getting the stang but he is an old lsx blood so we keep him.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

sent a message to a mustang guy on youtube, he told me hes never seen an f-body kill a stang, sent him some vids and he writes back:

Um who ever said anything about stock for stock? Ive only seen one seen a stock for stock race in my life and i used to love to drag race (now its boring thats why i bought an audi and parked the mustang).It was between a 5.7 GTO and a modular mach 1 which barely pulled at top end. I've raced a 420whp 26psi evo (worked the spoiled brat dirty and he even went of the 2nd beep both times), a header intake exhaust fuel rail tuned ls1 TA (from a dig he did ok only got em by 2 cars and he knows how to drive ive known him since we were 16 when i had a 16v GTI and he had a hopped up cavalier and im still beating him haha) a mercedes sl55 amg (hung VERY close till top of 3rd) turbo rsxs (he claimed boost leak but consistent 14lbs isnt leak to me and a loss is a loss) a procharged 02 GT (without spray we were dead even till third then he pulled, with spray i worked em) a C6 Z06 with exhaust and intake (from a roll he began pulling the top of my third and slowly kept pulling even with spray) a ferrari 360 modena (unknown mods very loud but it was stop light to stop light so i hooked and ran away) a bently continental GT (he wanted a roll and was very competitive but slower than the mercedes) a brand new skyline GT-R with exhaust (he wanted a 30 roll and i got up and ran away then he started catching up and ended up creeping on my door when i let off at ~110. Of course there are plently of built b series hatches and the like but honestly no one races a stock car, unless its like a new CTS-V (god theyre amazing) or viper, Z06 (etc.). I would think stock for stock a f body could beat a 2v GT with a significant amount of power and only about 800lbs more weight but to be honest the f-bodies are horrible cars when it comes to build quality and that not to mention their god awful looks. I prefer the mustang due to looks, fit and finish, and over all performance (especially handling). To each their own but I know what I've beaten. There's also the whole majority being on the mustang side thing, after all who disappeared the camaro or the mustang?

okay heres the short version:

no one races stock cars,
    hes bored of drag racing,
    hes raced an onslought of super cars and won,
    and the CLASSIC: "yeah welllll the f body got discontinued so it sux lalz"

i hate people like this,
    Last edited by justinmc978; 10-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Thread Information