Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

first time race 98 t/a vs. 03 rustang gt

This is a discussion on first time race 98 t/a vs. 03 rustang gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Its gonna take some work for a 2v to give you a decent run. They just aren't too impressive, especially ...

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Its gonna take some work for a 2v to give you a decent run. They just aren't too impressive, especially na.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    sent a message to a mustang guy on youtube, he told me hes never seen an f-body kill a stang, sent him some vids and he writes back:

Um who ever said anything about stock for stock? Ive only seen one seen a stock for stock race in my life and i used to love to drag race (now its boring thats why i bought an audi and parked the mustang).It was between a 5.7 GTO and a modular mach 1 which barely pulled at top end. I've raced a 420whp 26psi evo (worked the spoiled brat dirty and he even went of the 2nd beep both times), a header intake exhaust fuel rail tuned ls1 TA (from a dig he did ok only got em by 2 cars and he knows how to drive ive known him since we were 16 when i had a 16v GTI and he had a hopped up cavalier and im still beating him haha) a mercedes sl55 amg (hung VERY close till top of 3rd) turbo rsxs (he claimed boost leak but consistent 14lbs isnt leak to me and a loss is a loss) a procharged 02 GT (without spray we were dead even till third then he pulled, with spray i worked em) a C6 Z06 with exhaust and intake (from a roll he began pulling the top of my third and slowly kept pulling even with spray) a ferrari 360 modena (unknown mods very loud but it was stop light to stop light so i hooked and ran away) a bently continental GT (he wanted a roll and was very competitive but slower than the mercedes) a brand new skyline GT-R with exhaust (he wanted a 30 roll and i got up and ran away then he started catching up and ended up creeping on my door when i let off at ~110. Of course there are plently of built b series hatches and the like but honestly no one races a stock car, unless its like a new CTS-V (god theyre amazing) or viper, Z06 (etc.). I would think stock for stock a f body could beat a 2v GT with a significant amount of power and only about 800lbs more weight but to be honest the f-bodies are horrible cars when it comes to build quality and that not to mention their god awful looks. I prefer the mustang due to looks, fit and finish, and over all performance (especially handling). To each their own but I know what I've beaten. There's also the whole majority being on the mustang side thing, after all who disappeared the camaro or the mustang?

okay heres the short version:

no one races stock cars,
    hes bored of drag racing,
    hes raced an onslought of super cars and won,
    and the CLASSIC: "yeah welllll the f body got discontinued so it sux lalz"

i hate people like this,
    The only reason im racing stock is cuz im 17 and have no job 17+no job= no money haha but i'd freakin love to start modding my car and cant wait

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98snowt/a View Post
    The only reason im racing stock is cuz im 17 and have no job 17+no job= no money haha but i'd freakin love to start modding my car and cant wait
    dude i feel ya im 18 in college, my car just has the slp 350hp pac cause i bought it with it,cant wait til i have a career so i can drop an ls7/402 cammed iron block

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Haha ya I hear ya on the college thing but I've been able to do the free mods which I felt a small diff. Otherwise mines stock except for lid and catback headers are coming for xmas though lol.
    Dan-

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    dude i feel ya im 18 in college, my car just has the slp 350hp pac cause i bought it with it,cant wait til i have a career so i can drop an ls7/402 cammed iron block
    damn right dude, bet that thing will haul ass when you get it done

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nice kill. if you want at least a half challenge try an 05+ stang
    Well i took my car out tonight for alittle fun cuz the rain shut down, so i was cruzing around then some guy in an 06 gt pulls up to me and gets on it and lets off like he wants some then i do the same, he falls back around 3 car lenghts, then drops it down a couple of gears and punches it passes me , so i punch it i catch up alittle the he BARELY pulls on me pissed me off so damn bad. The guy was cool about it though i stopped and talked to him he had a manual car with an tune, everything else stock. Buttttttt later that night i raced an auto 06 and pulled on it so idk about the verdict on that one. So i pull in to walmart parking lot , i have a few things i need to pick up and theres this bad A 01 mustang with mods you can see like exhaust and EFFING HUGE ASSED tires on the back, i stop and chat with him and ask if he wants to run just for shits i ask what his mods were and he tells me he has 4:10s with nitto555's and full exhaust with an intake and tells me he pulled a 13:8 in a quarter. So im with my sisters bf and he says race him, so we drive down to some area that has a long straight stretch and we square it off and he honks it 3 times i easy into it hoping not to spin, he just romps it and gains 3 car lengths damn fast im like ohh shit, then something mirraculus happens, hits 2nd gear and i catch him reallllll fast and pass him in like holy shit wtf just happend but i put 2 car lengths on him, and we stop and talk bit and he drives off lol. I was freakin shocked OHHH I GOT THAT RACE ON VID TOO HAHAHA

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Well i took my car out tonight for alittle fun cuz the rain shut down, so i was cruzing around then some guy in an 06 gt pulls up to me and gets on it and lets off like he wants some then i do the same, he falls back around 3 car lenghts, then drops it down a couple of gears and punches it passes me , so i punch it i catch up alittle the he BARELY pulls on me pissed me off so damn bad. The guy was cool about it though i stopped and talked to him he had a manual car with an tune, everything else stock. Buttttttt later that night i raced an auto 06 and pulled on it so idk about the verdict on that one. So i pull in to walmart parking lot , i have a few things i need to pick up and theres this bad A 01 mustang with mods you can see like exhaust and EFFING HUGE ASSED tires on the back, i stop and chat with him and ask if he wants to run just for shits i ask what his mods were and he tells me he has 4:10s with nitto555's and full exhaust with an intake and tells me he pulled a 13:8 in a quarter. So im with my sisters bf and he says race him, so we drive down to some area that has a long straight stretch and we square it off and he honks it 3 times i easy into it hoping not to spin, he just romps it and gains 3 car lengths damn fast im like ohh shit, then something mirraculus happens, hits 2nd gear and i catch him reallllll fast and pass him in like holy shit wtf just happend but i put 2 car lengths on him, and we stop and talk bit and he drives off lol. I was freakin shocked OHHH I GOT THAT RACE ON VID TOO HAHAHA
    reveallll

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sin View Post
    Meh, I have an 07 GT/CS, they ain't that fast..Fun - Oh yeah. Sounds Great..
    fast ? Hell no.
    no-- but they're better than 2v's

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    no-- but they're better than 2v's
    ... with VTEC.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

If I didn't work at one myself, I'd swear that English, grammar, writing, etc isn't taught in high school anymore.

Amazing.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    If I didn't work at one myself, I'd swear that English, grammar, writing, etc isn't taught in high school anymore.

Amazing.
    isnt that the truth kidz these days have horrible bad grammers and punctuation there sentances dont end ever they just keep going and the mid sentance constant lols annoy me lol its not funny lol but then it finally ends but im crosseyed by then lol

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

wtf Y do you have a freaking mustang on an ls1 site, and so what dude ur mustangs fast up against a 98t/a but lets see it beat the newer lsx engines like in a gto or vette or the new camaro you'll get poned bud
    Who cares?

I had a 97 Cobra and my 98 Z/28. If you venture on SVTP there are just as many LS1 owners as mustang owners. Same with LS1Tech.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

white
    98 trans am

Amazing.
    dont be a dick, like it matters if anyone has a fcking comma or w/e in the right spot its not a freakin essay its a damn forum site

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    Its gonna take some work for a 2v to give you a decent run. They just aren't too impressive, especially na.
    yeah the 01 that i ran had alot of mods and said he was only pulling mid 13's and i still pulled about 2 car links on him by the end i was shocked

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

dont be a dick, like it matters if anyone has a fcking comma or w/e in the right spot its not a freakin essay its a damn forum site
    ROFLOL. Hook, line, and der sinker.

The prosecution rests.

RED
    2002/Z28

Lets see the vids I like to see them. anyways nice kills you should take it to a track and get some times for that beast..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 10-11-2009 at 07:45 PM.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

ROFLOL. Hook, line, and der sinker.

The prosecution rests.

That was too easy Bob. Only if the other fishing was that easy.

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Lets see the vids I like to see them. anyways nice kills you should take it to a track and get some times for that beast..
    i have to get some kinda cord for my new phone so i can download them on the computer first but i'll post them eventually, and i g-tec'ed it and i ran 5.1 for 0-60 but idk the guy i ran with the modded 01 gt said he was pulling 13.7 or 13.8 idr and i pulled around 2 cars on him so im running around there

RED
    2002/Z28

Cool Cool

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    ...The 98-04 Mustangs have little power unless you have a Cobra, then you're getting closer...
    Yeah, them Cobras, they're the ONLY Mustangs that have any power at all.
    2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 5-speed
    FRPP Aluminator 32V Long Block + Kenne Bell 2.1
    657 RWHP 635 RWTQ @16psi on 93 Octane
    Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information