Black
    2001 Camaro SS

first ricer experience, classic!!

I've always heard and read about ricers and there tactics and shenanigans but tonight was the first time ive experienced it one on one lol

so im on my way home from work (about 12midnight) not to far from my house on US-9 and i see blue head lights coming off the ramp.. and so i think.. let me just hang in the right lane and see what that is.. sure enuff he comes up swerveds behind me (still cant tell what it is) and pulls to my left... slowly .. i look over only to find an old (early 1990s) honda accord.. WAGON! hahaha equipt with a drop HID's and a fart cannon... i just looked away thinking woah this guy is not gonna try to race ME!?? but then... HE DOWNSHIFTS HAHAH so i figure what the hell.. i put it in to fourth lol just passed him right up

he must have tried to line up with me 3 times.. and i would even let him get a head start and just pass him up.. after 3 times.. i just put it back in 5th and chilled.. so he thru his hazzards on and took the next exit WTF? lol

like i was laughing but i was angry .. do they think they won when they do that shit?
    2001 Camaro SS M6 SLP LMII, Lid
    1987 iroc-z RIP 5.7 TPI Full exhaust, lingenfelter intake runners (gone but not forgotten)
    1991 bmw 325i DD

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

hell yea he posting on his honduh forums he drug a SS!!

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

Thats a great story. haha some of these guys just give you a great laugh. However, i've run into some really cool guys with rice. Don't really like their cars, but they were nice enough.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I think the word rice is thrown around too much. Just because a car is japanese and modded doesnt automatically make it rice. Its when it has a ridiculous body kit and huge wing and what not. The guys who do there cars tastfully arent rice. I had my 87 supra while i had my 2000 t/a. The supra has no body mods, just rims, it did have a small can on it but thats just because thats how supra exhaust comes. I couldnt have left the stock exhaust on it with a built engine and upgraded turbo setup without holding my whole setup back.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I think the word rice is thrown around too much. Just because a car is japanese and modded doesnt automatically make it rice. Its when it has a ridiculous body kit and huge wing and what not. The guys who do there cars tastfully arent rice. I had my 87 supra while i had my 2000 t/a. The supra has no body mods, just rims, it did have a small can on it but thats just because thats how supra exhaust comes. I couldnt have left the stock exhaust on it with a built engine and upgraded turbo setup without holding my whole setup back.
    Japanese = rice.

Thats where the term originated from in case you weren't around back in the day.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Japanese = rice.

Thats where the term originated from in case you weren't around back in the day.
    Thats your def i guess.

So you were there the day the word rice took on the new meaning about jap cars? Who set the defenition in stone?

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Thats your def i guess.

So you were there the day the word rice took on the new meaning about jap cars? Who set the defenition in stone?
    The fast and furious.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Idc if I just beat a zr1 I'm not throwin the hazards on

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Rice= Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

thats wether its Domestic or Import.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by SVG210 View Post
    Rice= Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

thats wether its Domestic or Import.
    This is why i call the hispanic crew in my old neighborhood who all have v6 mustangs and put body kits and wings and grills on them ricers.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-04-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

Ooooold, but sure was some funny shit on that site..
    http://www.riceboypage.com/
    1. ricer 4724 up, 425 down
    (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
    - Clear tail lights and corner signals
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
    Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

2002 Trans Am CE

I hardly ever see ricers anymore. Is the fad finally dying out?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It seems that only trucks mess with me for whatever reason

I had this idiot in a souped up S10 dancing around my car just the other day for about a mile or so. I was just going to PetsMart and wasn't feeling to frisky. But, he ended up pissing me off. Was on the 5 freeway and it was incredibly clear for the time of day. I finally just nailed it to get away from him and he just ended up staying about 5 car lengths behind me after that...

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_S View Post
    I hardly ever see ricers anymore. Is the fad finally dying out?
    they all grew up

Junior Member 2001SSCamaro#2516's Avatar

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sin View Post
    Ooooold, but sure was some funny shit on that site..
    http://www.riceboypage.com/
    1. ricer 4724 up, 425 down
    (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
    - Clear tail lights and corner signals
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
    Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
    Awesome definitions.....lol

2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    It seems that only trucks mess with me for whatever reason
    I get that quite a bit here in TX. I love me some trucks, but I gotta laugh when one with a ladder rack, toolbox, and "Jimbo's Contracting Service" placard rolls up and starts throwing revs my way.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_S View Post
    I get that quite a bit here in TX. I love me some trucks, but I gotta laugh when one with a ladder rack, toolbox, and "Jimbo's Contracting Service" placard rolls up and starts throwing revs my way.
    That's funny...

I don't know what it is that makes them feel like they stand much of a chance. But, for me, it always seems to be a truck that wants to play

97 LT1 TA

heh good times, but every now and then one will sneak up on you that rapes, dont underestimate them all even if they look like shit got a buddy in san diego with an old accord wagon thats got about 13k into the engine setup. people just dont see it comin

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

trucks, I have seen the diesel trucks go out on the strip and bust new corvettes, you will be highly surprised with a turbo'd diesel truck. I have a friend that has a 2500 6.6 turbo duramax, that goes and and bust god only knows how many cars. wish I had video to prove it but, its their damn tq that gets everybody even tho their only runnin 3 or 400 ponys them bastards can be hauling over a thousand ft lbs tq. So be weary when messing with some trucks.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    trucks, I have seen the diesel trucks go out on the strip and bust new corvettes, you will be highly surprised with a turbo'd diesel truck. I have a friend that has a 2500 6.6 turbo duramax, that goes and and bust god only knows how many cars. wish I had video to prove it but, its their damn tq that gets everybody even tho their only runnin 3 or 400 ponys them bastards can be hauling over a thousand ft lbs tq. So be weary when messing with some trucks.
    damn right those trucks can be fast! however it takes ALOT of money to make a diesel legitametly fast. you can get a decent boost in power relatively cheap, but where you're going to spend alot of money is on the transmission.

i would love to have a d-max with around 100 extra hp as a DD

Thread Information