Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

silver
    2000 Audi S4

First kills with the SS

Finnaly got a chance to try out my new SS. Normally I try not to race on the road considering that I am a real estate agent and have my name and cell phone # on the back window, BUT I got ambushed by a pair of mustangs on my way home tonight. I'm drivin home from the store and the road is 3 lanes each way. I am in the left lane and beside me a 94-95 mustang gt pulls up and behind me is his buddy in a mach1. We're sittin at the red light and the both of them are reving like crazy at me. This goes on for about 5 red lights when I finally decided to see what they had. The 3 of us were able to line up at the next red light with no one in front of us so I take it out of overdrive and turn off the tc. Light goes green and I let them have about a half cars length before i nail the gas and pass them like nothing. Needless to say it sure was quiet at the next stop light. I used to be a mustang owner but after $6000 worth of mods and still getting beat by slightly modded LS1's I decided that would be the motor of my next car.

sonnyred
    Bravo--Two nice kills for price of one.

Red
    86 Z28

You should of given leasing quotes on a new used fbody lol

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Good job. Mustangs don't stand a chance.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

nice kills.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

haah tight
    Good kills and choice of car

Hark_Z
    Impressive kill on the Mach.

nice, i ran with a mach and couldn't get him off my ass ? must have been modded.

camaro_ss_97_
    hell yea nice kills

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Nice kills, bro. Love shuttin' Mustangs up.

Black
    1987 Grand National

[QUOTE=shua01ss]Finnaly got a chance to try out my new SS. Normally I try not to race on the road considering that I am a real estate agent and have my name and cell phone # on the back window, BUT I got ambushed by a pair of mustangs on my way home tonight. I'm drivin home from the store and the road is 3 lanes each way. I am in the left lane and beside me a 94-95 mustang gt pulls up and behind me is his buddy in a mach1. We're sittin at the red light and the both of them are reving like crazy at me. This goes on for about 5 red lights when I finally decided to see what they had. The 3 of us were able to line up at the next red light with no one in front of us so I take it out of overdrive and turn off the tc. Light goes green and I let them have about a half cars length before i nail the gas and pass them like nothing. Needless to say it sure was quiet at the next stop light. I used to be a mustang owner but after $6000 worth of mods and still getting beat by slightly modded LS1's I decided that would be the motor of my next car. [/QUOTE]

Nice kills, but I would say you didn't have a clue as to what you were doing with the mustang, but that happens quite often. 8K in my 99 GT and it ran 10s at Etown on the first pass on slicks and never lost to LS1 the entire time I owned it, but that's another story.

I love GM cars and have for over 20 years so I had to come back. You were lucky they were stock because those years still had 5.0 liters.

silver
    2000 Audi S4

Yeah I know. My mustang was a 95, last year of the 5.0, and was a 5 speed. My original plan when I started the mods on it were in the long run I wanted a 331 stroker. At the time that I had gotten rid of it I had everything done to it short of the stroker, heads, and cam. Since I was working towards a goal I was buying the parts that would have made alot of power in the long run. Then something happened, I got engaged and wouldn't you know it 4 months later the mustang is gone and 2 months after that so was my street bike. For 2 years I got to drive around in a ranger P.O.S. Oh well at least now I have my SS and my wife likes it too.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by shua01ss
    Yeah I know. My mustang was a 95, last year of the 5.0, and was a 5 speed. My original plan when I started the mods on it were in the long run I wanted a 331 stroker. At the time that I had gotten rid of it I had everything done to it short of the stroker, heads, and cam. Since I was working towards a goal I was buying the parts that would have made alot of power in the long run. Then something happened, I got engaged and wouldn't you know it 4 months later the mustang is gone and 2 months after that so was my street bike. For 2 years I got to drive around in a ranger P.O.S. Oh well at least now I have my SS and my wife likes it too.
    I hear you loud and clear on the disappearing rides statement. My wife was pregnant with my son and we needed a house and I sold a fully built, from end to end, 10 second turbocharged 99 GT that took years to finish. Things happen for a reason I guess. Now I have a car I wanted for 18 years sitting in a heated garage that has a built engine and the works. Hey, now you have the SS and you and the wife are happy which is always cool. My wife hated the Mustang and loves the GN.

Red
    2002 Chevrolet

Sweet man...sounds like you put them in their place......by the way i'm new to the forum...

AzureMach
    Don't put the MACH 1 name in your fairy tale. Because the ls1 and the mach are a driver's race. If you give a mach 1 a half a car lead and hit the gas, then you would probably lose! (Stock for stock). Mach 1's and ls1's are about the same in times, they just do it differently. The problem with ls1's in almost 2006 is.....they are old used cars and almost every other teenager knows someone that has one, so they tell stories. I love all American muscle cars, by the way. But you older guys know....these stories are REALLY getting gay on the internet!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by AzureMach
    Don't put the MACH 1 name in your fairy tale. Because the ls1 and the mach are a driver's race. If you give a mach 1 a half a car lead and hit the gas, then you would probably lose! (Stock for stock). Mach 1's and ls1's are about the same in times, they just do it differently. The problem with ls1's in almost 2006 is.....they are old used cars and almost every other teenager knows someone that has one, so they tell stories. I love all American muscle cars, by the way. But you older guys know....these stories are REALLY getting gay on the internet!
    I couldn't figure out why you were saying that it was such a good race between a MAch 1 and an LS1, but then I noticed that you drive a Mach 1. I don't know if you've never raced an LS1 or what the deal is but a Mach 1 is a joke of a race. LS1 kids tell stories? I don't wanna hear that as long as you stand there and say you can run with an LS1 stock for stock. . .who's telling gay stories. . .? Fairy tale? Don't talk mustang trash here, we all drive LS1s here and we all know better

Mystic green
    '95 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Nice kill man

peace

john
    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I couldn't figure out why you were saying that it was such a good race between a MAch 1 and an LS1, but then I noticed that you drive a Mach 1. I don't know if you've never raced an LS1 or what the deal is but a Mach 1 is a joke of a race. LS1 kids tell stories? I don't wanna hear that as long as you stand there and say you can run with an LS1 stock for stock. . .who's telling gay stories. . .? Fairy tale? Don't talk mustang trash here, we all drive LS1s here and we all know better
    Mach's are respectable and I would think a sizeable lead would be hard to make back up if the driver was on the ball.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ng/index4.html

another test here:

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...h1/index1.html

with a reference to a thrid test in which they got a 13.2@106.7

jgp

davesaldivar
    a kill is a kill !!!!!!

Hark_Z
    auto mach 1 < LS1
    manual mach 1 = LS1

plenty of tests prove the autos are weaker.

Thread Information