Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Finally took down a 06 GTO

Finally got to line up my 98 Z28 against a new 6.0 gto. My car is M6 with free mods, smooth bellows,pro 5.0, mti lid and weld in flowmaster muffler stock pipes. He punched it in second looked like he clutch dropped and left pretty hard when we were cruising so i knew he was game. We went left at the light and as I tried to come around him in the right lane his car squated hard as he punched it, I nailed it in first and quickly made up the car he was in front of me to begin with and went past him spinning the tires on the 1-2 shift and proceeded to put at least a couple cars on him by mid third gear and then shut it down. I was all happy for a victory but expected it to be a closer race, I was pulling him hard in only a short race. I tried to line up again with him but he didn't want any more and just hung back. His chick was with him also when I smoked him! Cool guy though he gave me the thumbs up. First time I got to race a gto though as i've raced just about everything else out there. P.S. my car ran 12.9@110 stock at sea level before the few mods.

Sick driving, get some drag radials and your'e in the mid 12s. What rpm do you launch at and what's your estimated race weight? Thanks.
    If it doesn't have a turbo or a V8, it doesn't belong on the road.

Hey guys look it came back from the shop! I still need a bigger wing though...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ricer Cooker View Post
    Sick driving, get some drag radials and your'e in the mid 12s. What rpm do you launch at and what's your estimated race weight? Thanks.
    yea intill his 10 bolt (if he still has one) takes a shit on him for launching hard on DRs

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

good kill man.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea intill his 10 bolt (if he still has one) takes a shit on him for launching hard on DRs
    Mine has took a massive shit on me twice in the past year. Damn, wish I would have put a bigger rear end in immediately.

404rwhp*sticky tires=10 bolt carnage

Good kill, I put two car lengths on an 06 GTO trapping a stout 93mph through the eighth. He should have been trapping a 100mph if he wanted to beat me.

Spice Red
    06 GTO A4

Nice run, sounds like you have a good running car. It would have been a little closer if he didn't have that extra 110+ lb ? girlfriend in the car.

But with a 110 mph trap speed you should pull on a stock GTO. Most stock LS2 GTOs trap 104-108 mph on average depending on conditions, etc.

I raced a WS6 LS1 Trans Am my last trip to the track, and we were door to door the entire race. So an LS1 powered Fbody and a LS2 GTO are very closely matched. It's pretty much a drivers race.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Good kill

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    . P.S. my car ran 12.9@110 stock at sea level before the few mods.
    Are you serious?? 110 trap speed stock?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    Are you serious?? 110 trap speed stock?
    Yea at ideal conditions at no problem raceway in louisana at night at sea level. My car has turned out to be a factory wringer it seems plus driven with experience.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKO05GTO View Post
    Nice run, sounds like you have a good running car. It would have been a little closer if he didn't have that extra 110+ lb ? girlfriend in the car.

But with a 110 mph trap speed you should pull on a stock GTO. Most stock LS2 GTOs trap 104-108 mph on average depending on conditions, etc.

I raced a WS6 LS1 Trans Am my last trip to the track, and we were door to door the entire race. So an LS1 powered Fbody and a LS2 GTO are very closely matched. It's pretty much a drivers race.
    Oh yea I had my friend with me that weighs 220lbs. Plus yea i know the ls2 should offset the weight difference between fbodys, but it was what it was brotha, but much respect to gto owners as they are fellow gm, plus thats the first time i've had the priveledge to line up against a gto much less an ls2 gto, Most gto's would at least fair probably better against most stockish fbodies, but my fbody is pretty quick only with a few small mods. Peace happy new year!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Mine has took a massive shit on me twice in the past year. Damn, wish I would have put a bigger rear end in immediately.

404rwhp*sticky tires=10 bolt carnage

Good kill, I put two car lengths on an 06 GTO trapping a stout 93mph through the eighth. He should have been trapping a 100mph if he wanted to beat me.
    Yea my rear end is howling for mercy, but I have a ford 9 inch with 4.56 on the side with a built heads and cam 6.0 waiting to go in so i'm bidding my time but still running amazingly well for what it is.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ricer Cooker View Post
    My car weighs around 3450 plus me 185. I launch around 3500 and slip the clutch a little and feather the throttle to help get some traction.

Thread Information