Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBM
    '00 Z28

Finally, at new Mustang GT that would play

I've been trying to get a new Mustang GT to race since I've seen them. Last night I finally got a shot at one.

I've got my permit for my CDL, so my dad rides along with me when we move a semi for Papa John's since he has a CDL. Anyway, we just got done moving the truck/trailor where they needed to be. My dad got in his truck, I got in my Camaro. We got on the highway to head home. I saw a black 05 Mustang GT dart around my dad's pickup in my rearview and I thought "here's my chance."

I slowed down enough to get a little room in front of me as he was coming up. I was doing about 50-55 when he pulled up along side me, my dad was right behind me. I looked over at the guy, probably late teens, early 20's. He saw me looking and probably thought I was in a 6 cyl seeing as I have no badges on the car. I saw his passenger pointing over at me and turned to the driver, said something and laughed. I dropped it into 2nd, and waited for him to hit it. I saw the front of his car hop up from a downshift and him punch it. When I hit it, he was done for. I blew past him before I got it into 3rd.

Coming up on traffic, I slowed down. He slowed down right along side of me, we lined up and did it again. I killed him again. His buddy wasn't laughing anymore. I wonder why.

The guy got off the highway not long after that, and right away my dad calls my cell. He was laughing his ass off. My dad turns 50 this month.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Nothing like killing a Mustang. The feeling is just overwhelming. I have my eyes set on this 20 year old boy whose Daddy bought him a 04 Cobra. He keeps popping off at the mouth. Well I'm going to put him in check when I see him. He never talks shit when he is in his car. It is always when he is in his sportrac.
    3 inch Chambered Catback.

I havent got a 05 stang to race yet I had one riding my ass the other day but I scared him when I took off I think.
    324hp/333tq

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

man...wish I had a 6 speed...my damn auto only kicks down half the time I hit it from a roll...it's kind of a gamble. I probably would of had a harder time pullin that stang...anyone selling a stall??

BigBlockPower
    Quote Originally Posted by big d's ss
    Nothing like killing a Mustang. The feeling is just overwhelming. I have my eyes set on this 20 year old boy whose Daddy bought him a 04 Cobra. He keeps popping off at the mouth. Well I'm going to put him in check when I see him. He never talks shit when he is in his car. It is always when he is in his sportrac.
    Blown Cobras and 5.0s are like a box of chocolates....better be prepared.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Nice kill of the Mustank.

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

N/m read that wrong...

Nice, I never see any GTs going the same way... Only the V6 version (waste of gas even at the track)...

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Nice kill, the other day i saw horsepower tv and they dynoed a bonestock o5 gt and it only had 255 hp. And after a k&n flowmaster mufflers and a 75 shot of nos, it ran 330. Thats what some of our cars run STOCK! At least when GM puts a 300 hp rating on their cars its true!

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Horsepower TV is great-they dyno'd a stock 4.6 -220 rwhp-put in a cam and got 240.It was funny.

black
    2000 ws6

255 rwhp would put it right at 300 flywheel which is its rating

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I had some cock in an 05 gt come barelling down my ass IN HEAVY RAIN!!! i was like "what the fuck!? did you get the off-road package on that thing?" Now that i think of it...my g/f does say they look like boats out-of-water, so maybe it was just doing what it should do. Anyway, great kill. I've been wondering/wanting to bitch slam one of those things...hopefully in the spring we'll see more of them.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    I had some cock in an 05 gt come barelling down my ass IN HEAVY RAIN!!! i was like "what the fuck!? did you get the off-road package on that thing?" Now that i think of it...my g/f does say they look like boats out-of-water, so maybe it was just doing what it should do. Anyway, great kill. I've been wondering/wanting to bitch slam one of those things...hopefully in the spring we'll see more of them.
    "boats out-of-water"--nice comment!

You should have no problem slamming one of those slow Mustanks. Just remember to not get too close to one, some of that stank might rub off on you and it will take weeks of washing to get the stank out.

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    I had some cock in an 05 gt come barelling down my ass....
    ????

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    ????
    eat me...i suck at spelling...and grammer appearantly

Red
    1998 SS

i was hesitant to do it for a while and after reading this thread, was coming out of getting new tires and alignment, and there it was, father and son on a 05 mustang gt.....so i remembered and said "what the hell" (remembering my 98ss has 98k miles and i.m.o. not running like it used to ......but looked at them, they look at me and it was on......we took off and right away in like 200ft pulled bout one car lenght ahead......and then got off it....next light, they just looked and didnt attempt it again.....it felt good....98 with 98k miles and still kicking mustang butt.....
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by redz284u
    i was hesitant to do it for a while and after reading this thread, was coming out of getting new tires and alignment, and there it was, father and son on a 05 mustang gt.....so i remembered and said "what the hell" (remembering my 98ss has 98k miles and i.m.o. not running like it used to ......but looked at them, they look at me and it was on......we took off and right away in like 200ft pulled bout one car lenght ahead......and then got off it....next light, they just looked and didnt attempt it again.....it felt good....98 with 98k miles and still kicking mustang butt.....
    Feels good doesn't it? Yeah, mine 2000 has 94,xxx on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    Horsepower TV is great-they dyno'd a stock 4.6 -220 rwhp-put in a cam and got 240.It was funny.
    yeah that car is pretty damn pathetic

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    When I hit it, he was done for. I blew past him before I got it into 3rd...
    Coming up on traffic, I slowed down. He slowed down right along side of me, we lined up and did it again. I killed him again.
    Damn, no need to beat a dead horse... Sorry, today is bad joke day.

Nice kill! I wish I could go up against a new GT. Trouble is the pickings are slim around here.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

damn demon...is that your girls ass in your avatar?? Very very nice

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Nice kill man!!! My sisters b/f wants to race me in his 05 stang!!! V6 He knows about HP ratings and all that crap but he doesn't know what my car has hehe so i told him that if he wanted to race i'd give him the brake start with my car in reverse and while driving by i'm going to hang a big paint brush out the window with brown on it to paint his car the color of shit which is EXACTLY what it is!!!
    Bulletproof Performance
    2002 Trans AM WS6 M6 Collectors Edition
    LSX 427 F-1R Procharged Build Underway
    Estimated Finish Date: Summer 2012-2013

Thread Information