2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

Angry figured out why stock sucks

00 ss completly bone stock down to the plugs with 65000 miles on em to start out. well any way i rolled up on this fox body early 90's no hood sounded bad as hell with slicks on north oak traficway in kansas city. were goin about 30 and his buddy says you wanna go? i couldnt help my self i sayed hell yeah.so we jump on it and we were pretty even till trafic was commin up he had me by about a half car. found a open road after a while and we go on 3 honks from a 30 again and run it to about 110 ish and he gets me by about a length and a half or mayby 2. so we pull over and he asks what i have done and i say im stock. he says its pretty fast for stock so i ask what he has and he says 351 'carborated' with a t5 and 3.73 gear with slicks. so i tell him ill be back around when i get a mod or 2. just put my cam swap and intake and exhaust on the front burner. just thought i would share my first beating with every one. laughs are on me to day while eating my humble pie.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

not bad. if it was really a 351, then he wasn't stock in that motor. most likely has a cam, headers, etc... as well.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

silver
    2000 camaro ss

oh yeah. thats what i said it sounded bad as hell. he said he was just finishing breakin it in. didnt even have any track time. i will give him credit it sounded damn good. a few mods and his ass is gonna see my taillights. it was a lot of fun and he wasnt a dick about it so its all good

thelug
    yeah they can be pretty quick! but your 00' can be to !

silver
    2000 camaro ss

yeah i know iv only had it for about 2 months. just put over
    $700.00 dollars worth of tires on it and am getting the sub frame connectors welded on next week but i wanna get a bese line run at the track this weekend when it opens and a baseline dyno run. just cuz im like that gotta do things in order i think its some kind of OCD. any way im deciding on exhaust cam and intake. probably wont do heads at that time. but deffinatly cam intake and exhaust cus it still has the ls1 shit intake on it. but i love that 6 speed. needs a spec stage 3 clutch and drill mod though

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

First night I had my Z28 I got smoked 2 out of 3 times to a smooth ass light blue Fox body LX with 00 cobra r rims on it. My first night with the car (rookie), stock tires, 4.10's, M6, and plenty of mods doomed me to a crushing defeat. If I could have gotten it to hook, he would have been mine, or if the road we were racing on were longer than an 1/8th mile. People seem to write off Fox body Mustangs these days, but those things can be badass, or they can be a ragged out POS that you could outrun with 800 pounds of concrete in the backseat.

I got a cam, intake, and other goodies since then, and some sticky ass tires. Can't wait to race him again. I am gonna getem on a straightaway I know of that is about 2 miles long with no roads intersecting and like 2 houses on it. Your ass is mine Mustang lover!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    People seem to write off Fox body Mustangs these days, but those things can be badass, or they can be a ragged out POS that you could outrun with 800 pounds of concrete in the backseat.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

little update on track time. my car runs a consistent 13.50 at the track. and that is completely stock like i said originally. still original plugs too. there was a little traction issue on my street tires but i was expecting a 13.5 like road and track said they ran in 2000 so i was very pleased

Those 351's arent great on top end. That car would perform a lot better at the track than on the street.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i need to do the drill mod as well

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Guess that just kinda happens when you're spotting cubic inches to the Ford instead of the other way around. Maybe by the time you have a couple of extra mods, he'll have a couple extra, too. Good racings... Go make it faster!

Chris

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

a guy i work with has a totaly normal looking fox notch back that has what is allmost a nascar motor in it with a viper 6 speed and im deffenetly no match for that . its dyno tuned at 650 hp and cost about 20.000 for the motor alone so its really all about how much money you got

20k for 650 isnt a very good build. and a nascar engine is a 358 cubic inch engine, the Ford 351 could be punched over to get near those stats. Wouldnt really need it though.
    324hp/333tq

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

yep, 650hp is a fairly easy number to reach with a 351-based ford. Would be pretty cheap with any type of forced induction, and expensive though still doable n/a.

Thread Information