Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

A few races this past weekend in the Z-28.

First was sunday afternoon, coming home from some shopping I had to do. It was raining lightly and this 05ish STi decides to try and be cool, flying by me and the 2 cars behind me on a 2 lane highway doing over 100 probably, farting his fart pipe in my ear. So I speed up a little bit to catch up, then stayed behind him for about 8-10 miles until it stopped raining and the roads finally dried up. We come around a curve and there's an open straight away about 3 miles long with no cars in sight. Were both doing about 80, I go about 1/2 way down as I'm getting in the passing lane and almost instantly I see a little puff of dark smoke come out his tailpipe, then I go WOT. I was already about 3 lengths behind him when I went WOT and by 130 my back bumper was just in front of his front bumper. So a good 4 lengths from 80 to 130. Nice steady pull all the way. His STi had at least exhaust. Not sure if anything else.

Then at the local street drags yesterday on the 4th, I lined up with a modded 03 Cobra vert, it has a pulley, LT's, predator tuner, TB, and CAI, not sure what else. From 0 to 100 he had about 3 lengths on me.

Next was a bolt-on LT1 TA A4. The guy said he had headers, CAI, cat-back and some suspension mods. He had DR's and got me off the line by about a car and a half, then I reeled him in pretty easily and ended up about 2 cars ahead by 90-95.

Last but not least I lined up with a 99 SS camaro A4 with just a lid I believe. He also got me out of the hole by about a car and a half too because my pizza cutter 235 tires are shit. But I easily reeled him in also and ended up about 2 lengths ahead by 90. Pretty similar to the LT1 race.

I also have a little footage of me racing that modded 03 cobra. Fast forward to about 4:02 in the video. You can see me get sideways and hear me do a 50 mph burnout lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Xxiawira9FY
    Last edited by Mystic Z-28; 07-08-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Ray Charles blue

Good runs. Whats your car running in the 1/4?

Something must be up with that 99 SS A4 since he and your car are exactly the same

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Havent had it to an actual track yet.

I dont know about the SS. Ive ran a couple other a4 LS1s in the past and walked them pretty easily.

Ray Charles blue

What do you have done to your Z28 to make it faster than the SS's you have raced? They have a slp lid/intake and the A4's have 3.23s as well with wider tires so should be pretty even.

White
    '10 ZR1

Great vid! I enjoyed it! It looked like fun!

Thread Information