Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Is a ferrari 360 faster than a bolt-on Camaro?

This is a discussion on Is a ferrari 360 faster than a bolt-on Camaro? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; The answer is no Driving home from tonights meet and I see some halogen lights in a unique shape behind ...

  1. #1
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Is a ferrari 360 faster than a bolt-on Camaro?

    The answer is no

    Driving home from tonights meet and I see some halogen lights in a unique shape behind me, slowly he comes to pass me and it's this black 360 sexy as hell and i'm . I follow him and give him a flyby and my buddy in the passenger seat see's a head pop up-the dude was getting a bj driving a ferrari(this guys life rules). He don't even look at me and I think he's pissed that I just cock blocked him. We continue on and he gooses it and I don't blink I floor it and we get up to 80 so I know he's game. I have an auto so I am waiting for this guy to slow down and sure enough he does I throw it in second at 50mph and we hit it I know I got the jump because I pulled ahead atleast half a car from the get go, but all the way up to 12X he doesn't stop my pull. High 5's all around and we both give the guy and his girlfriend the thumbs up for making our night. Awesome drive home this will forever be the story of the big fish daddy caught but let back in the wild no one ever got to see.

    Wave your bs flags boys your not knocking me off my pedastol
    Last edited by c5z28; 03-14-2009 at 02:14 AM.

  2. #2
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    good boy, you showed him! btw, works with porsches too.

  3. #3
    Member CJREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    701
    Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I have an auto so I am waiting for this guy to slow down...
    Do you have a stall or need a stall?

    Just curious because from what I've read a stall converter would have made a big difference there.

  4. #4
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    from a roll? i thought a stall is for launching?

  5. #5
    willys srt8
    Guest
    quicker? i guess it's not quicker than yours. faster? yes take it up to 180.
    Last edited by willys srt8; 03-14-2009 at 07:55 AM.

  6. #6
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    it's an apples and pears comparison, the ferrari is an out-of-this-world driving machine! still, it's funny to see that a "cheap" f-body can kick expensive ass in that situation!

  7. #7
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Do you have a stall or need a stall?

    Just curious because from what I've read a stall converter would have made a big difference there.
    Currently don't have one installed, technically in a roll race it hurts because when you punch it you have to wait for it to downshift, and w/ a bigger stall you have to wait a while longer for it to flash to its stall speed, I slammed her in second as soon as I slowed down to my sweet spot so there was no delay 3500rpm at 50 it doesn't get juicier than that

  8. #8
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    quicker? i guess it's not quicker than yours. faster? yes take it up to 180.
    No shit, after 50-55ish the grunt isn't there anymore the gearing can't compare to what he has, on the track, or if cars were given both equal drivers ferrari hands down every time until you have to take it to the mechanic for a $10,000 brake job.

  9. #9
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    it's an apples and pears comparison, the ferrari is an out-of-this-world driving machine! still, it's funny to see that a "cheap" f-body can kick expensive ass in that situation!
    And the guy getting a bj amidst the whole thing.

  10. #10
    Member ezwip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    purgatory
    Posts
    354

    Black
    02 Z28 M6

    Ferrari are fast but they aint got the pull of a finely tuned vtec.

  11. #11
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    Ferrari are fast but they aint got the pull of a finely tuned vtec.
    what?

  12. #12
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    And just imagine if you 100+k to spend on your car????? = 1 fast F-Body

  13. #13
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    And just imagine if you 100+k to spend on your car????? = 1 fast F-Body
    I got 2 hours of bad sleep this morning not even tired.

  14. #14
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I got 2 hours of bad sleep this morning not even tired.
    sometimes better than getting like 4 - 5 hours.

  15. #15
    willys srt8
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    No shit, after 50-55ish the grunt isn't there anymore the gearing can't compare to what he has, on the track, or if cars were given both equal drivers ferrari hands down every time until you have to take it to the mechanic for a $10,000 brake job.
    no need to get pissy. you're the one who asked "Is a ferrari 360 faster than a bolt-on Camaro?" well it is. you should have asked which is quicker and i would agree that you were quicker.
    Last edited by willys srt8; 03-14-2009 at 11:25 AM.

  16. #16
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    sometimes better than getting like 4 - 5 hours.
    no argument I'm sure i'll be feeling it around 6pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    no need to get pissy. you're the one who asked "Is a ferrari 360 faster than a bolt-on Camaro?" well it is. you should have asked which is quicker and i would agree that you were quicker.
    I'll be pissy if I feel like it



  17. #17
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    I think a camaro pushing about 340+RWHP 6speed should do decent with one but the Ferrari does weigh lighter and has very good gearing. Either way this reminded me of a vid i saw a while ago and how awesome the Z06 sounds and had to post it.


  18. #18
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Ferrari dealership up the street from me but I can never get anyone to race me

  19. #19
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    no argument I'm sure i'll be feeling it around 6pm.

    I'll be pissy if I feel like it


    hey i always say ill have time to sleep when im dead.


    ya i know i get pissy when i dont et my nap!!!!


  20. #20
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I think a camaro pushing about 340+RWHP 6speed should do decent with one but the Ferrari does weigh lighter and has very good gearing. Either way this reminded me of a vid i saw a while ago and how awesome the Z06 sounds and had to post it.

    Is it me or did the Z06 take him pretty easily?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 12-bolt for an 02' Camaro
    By TedsB4Csled in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
  2. 2010 Camaro Performance Parts - New Camaro Bolt-On
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
  3. V6 Camaro 10-bolt vs. LS1 10-bolt
    By rbrack in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
  4. 69 camaro LT1 Vs. Ferrari 360
    By 69camarokid in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
  5. WTB 12 Bolt for 02 camaro
    By Dr.Crash in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •