Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Evo killed me

This is a discussion on Evo killed me within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Lol i dont care what kinda boost he is making, he only makes 230hp to the wheels, i have that ...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol i dont care what kinda boost he is making, he only makes 230hp to the wheels, i have that beat by 100wheel hp. I have taken all kindas of stock and slightly modded evos from a roll. Maybe you just need the drive mod. It doesnt matter how much boost you make its how much horsepower that translates into. And 230whp is the same whether its a turbo car or N/A, yes it hits that hp at different points but from a roll i have taken lots of evos

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

i wouldnt buy a 4 door ricer give me a 2 door muscle car anyday they may b fast but they dnt look as mean as a ss or ws6

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I put 350 to the ground so I know this Evo was built well. I agree with the above, the Evo may be faster but you cant mod ugly.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont think the evo is ugly, im not saying its anywehre near as good looking as my T/A. The STI now thats and ugly car. Anyone who thinks its harder to beat and evo from a roll over a dig is a fool. Dotn tell me abotu turbo lag i own a turbo car, Believe me a EVO will ahve a better chance from a dig.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Im not saying they are bad from a dig the awd pulls right away on 99% of any rwd or fwd car and its not the driver mod they are quick cars for what they are and I never stick up for little 4 bangers but its just my experences aginst yours.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yes but if you can beat him from a dig, and you lost from a roll that doesnt make sense. If hes AWD and he pulls 1 car why does he loose power and you pass him, when on a roll he can hold you off when you car doesnt even have to hook, from a roll its all about who has more power compared to weight. It doesnt make any sense you can beat him from a dig and not a roll. Turbo lag has nothing to do with it, if hes AWD and pulls on you off the line that means his car is spoiled before you even start to catch him.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Ill tell you why he won from a dig, the evo is only as fast as it's driver from a dig, and contrary to popular belief you don't just redline them and sidestep the clutch (well you don't do it twice anyway).

Launching an evo is a dance between the throttle and the clutch, and when you perfect it you can cut CRAZY 60 foot times, but it took me EASILY 50 launches to learn how to do it correctly.

As for the "turbo lag" argument, a good driver will not expirience turbo lag on a stock evo.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Yeah thats what must have heppened cuz he was launching it off of the rev limmiter and just dropping the clutch no tecnique involved at all but all im saying is thats what happened....

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I put 350 to the ground so I know this Evo was built well. I agree with the above, the Evo may be faster but you cant mod ugly.
    ROFL, quoted and saved, you don't mind do you?

I agree with the above statements about EVO's being better from a dig...if you lost to one from a roll and won from a dig the guy needs more practice launching...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    ROFL, quoted and saved, you don't mind do you?

I agree with the above statements about EVO's being better from a dig...if you lost to one from a roll and won from a dig the guy needs more practice launching...
    You can keep the quote lol

This guy can launch I've seen him do it. We just did a roll though.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DE98TA View Post
    Yea they will. All Evo's need is a tune and a few other little things for them to get deep in the 12's, its easy and def doesnt take cams or a different turbo, search around there's plenty doing it, although they are much better from a dig than a role until they get more mods. There's no sham in getting beat by that car with you having bolt ons
    Right...a tune and a "few little things" to get into the "deep 12's"...lay off the crack riceboy.

You must mean "full bolt ons, cams, meth injection, and a large turbo" by a "few little things"

And then once you start modding, it breaks. How cool is that.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Are you kidding me 20lbs of boost out of the factory and they suck from a roll lmao....My friend has a pretty much stock 2006 evo and from a stop he got me out of the hole up till like 15 then I pulled him but from a 20 roll he took me by a car. Dig= low boost and turbo lag....Roll= High boost and no turbo lag do the math....
    Learn to drive your damn car.

Its a 230WHP econobox. You have a 300WHP Muscle car. You should have whooped his ass from a roll by multiple car lengths, its not even a race if you can drive.

And how is there no turbo lag from a roll?? Do you understand that you need to be on the throttle to spool the turbo??

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Its a 230WHP econobox. You have a 300WHP Muscle car. You should have whooped his ass from a roll by multiple car lengths, its not even a race if you can drive.

And how is there no turbo lag from a roll?? Do you understand that you need to be on the throttle to spool the turbo??
    Dawg! I don't think you even know what a turbo is so go take a potty break and let some crap out

On a roll! Hmm lets see most turbo's are fully spooled by 3,000-3500RPM that means full boost at 3500RPM, So on a roll I down shift and BOOOOM BOOST BABY!!!! Baiscally the dude is not going to have any lag from a roll. From a Dig possibly according to how well he can clutch his car of unless he has a 2 step creating boost off the line! Until you actually drive a turbo car you should seriously not comment (Wesman) You show your Stupidity Well!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Dawg! I don't think you even know what a turbo is so go take a potty break and let some crap out

On a roll! Hmm lets see most turbo's are fully spooled by 3,000-3500RPM that means full boost at 3500RPM, So on a roll I down shift and BOOOOM BOOST BABY!!!! Baiscally the dude is not going to have any lag from a roll. From a Dig possibly according to how well he can clutch his car of unless he has a 2 step creating boost off the line! Until you actually drive a turbo car you should seriously not comment (Wesman) You show your Stupidity Well!
    You call me stupid...yet you're the stupid ricer bragging that a Nissan 240 is the "best sounding most awesomest car in the world". Its not even worth arguring with you, you're a complete tool. Go back to your gay nissan forum with all the other ricers.

And since when do turbos spool instantly?? Or are you just to stupid to realize that there is a delay between the time when you open the throttle and the point at which the turbo spools up and the engine goes from vacuum to boost?? I suppose you're so mentally slow that you don't even notice the delay. The bigger the turbo, the longer it takes. N/A and Supercharged cars have instantaneos throttle response, when you hit the gas you get the power. No waiting, no lag, no bullshit.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You call me stupid...yet you're the stupid ricer bragging that a Nissan 240 is the "best sounding most awesomest car in the world". Its not even worth arguring with you, you're a complete tool. Go back to your gay nissan forum with all the other ricers.

And since when do turbos spool instantly?? Or are you just to stupid to realize that there is a delay between the time when you open the throttle and the point at which the turbo spools up and the engine goes from vacuum to boost?? I suppose you're so mentally slow that you don't even notice the delay. The bigger the turbo, the longer it takes. N/A and Supercharged cars have instantaneos throttle response, when you hit the gas you get the power. No waiting, no lag, no bullshit.
    HAHA Stock 240 No not the best sounding. A fully modified built rb25det skyline engine in a 240 Hmm like sex in the morning!

Hmm ya there is a Delay from a dig with NO 2 step or some type of launch control to build boost. But from a roll HELL NO! its instant! Your just trying to make it sound like its a Piece of shit B/C it beat a muscle car! There is faster cars out there other than just muscle cars! So take a loss like this guy did Be a man and stop your damn insulting B.S complaining about Foreign cars! Get the fuck over yourself! Your like a 2 year old baby without his Bottle!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

HAHA Stock 240 No not the best sounding. A fully modified built rb25det skyline engine in a 240 Hmm like sex in the morning!
    A Nissan 240 sounds like shit.

A modified Nissan 240 sounds like shit.

You are a ricer if you think it sounds good.

Hmm ya there is a Delay from a dig with NO 2 step or some type of launch control to build boost. But from a roll HELL NO! its instant! Your just trying to make it sound like its a Piece of shit B/C it beat a muscle car! There is faster cars out there other than just muscle cars! So take a loss like this guy did Be a man and stop your damn insulting B.S complaining about Foreign cars! Get the fuck over yourself! Your like a 2 year old baby without his Bottle!
    So the turbo goes from not being spooled to being 100% spooled instantanoesly. It breaks all the laws of physics and modern science. Interesting.

You really are pathetic. All your posts are is you bitching and moaning about how I don't like your crappy jap imports. Get a life, go find something better to do, or better yet just go back to your riceboy forum. People might actually agree with you there, or even better yet they might actually give a rats ass what you have to say. Because I sure as hell don't value your opinion at all, you're only here to start trouble. You tell me to "get over myself"? You don't even make sense, you are the one starting shit with me because I don't like your precious Jap crap.

Oh yea, and I have some bad news for you. No matter how much forced inuction you put through your shitty 4 or 6 cylinder, it will never make the same amount of power as a larger displacement engine, all other things being held constant. I know its devastating news for you, but get over it, you lose no matter what.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Oh yea, and I have some bad news for you. No matter how much forced inuction you put through your shitty 4 or 6 cylinder, it will never make the same amount of power as a larger displacement engine, all other things being held constant. I know its devastating news for you, but get over it, you lose no matter what.
    Ya it doesnt take a Genius to figure that out!

BTW How the Hell did we get off on my car? This is about the EVO! at which would hand you your ass too!

Ya dude its obvious you will never make the same power out of a 4cyl vs an 8cyl with the same amount of forced induction! But what your saying is that there is NO 4cyl nor 6 cyl that would ever hang with a V8! Thats been on ever post you haver ever posted! its obvious your a v8 crack addict! But never count the small man out. Just cause he has a few less cyl's than you doest mean he doesnt have more power than you. But fact of the matter is if you cant handle the power nor the embarrassment your in the wrong business b/c there is always someone out there faster and better than you! And if your a sore looser than your just a disgrace b/c there is nothing worse than hearing a groan man whine like a baby!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Ya it doesnt take a Genius to figure that out!

BTW How the Hell did we get off on my car? This is about the EVO! at which would hand you your ass too!
    Sure...just keep believing what you want to believe. Stock Evos run 11's according to you as well, I'm sure

Ya dude its obvious you will never make the same power out of a 4cyl vs an 8cyl with the same amount of forced induction!
    Captain obvious strikes again.

But what your saying is that there is NO 4cyl nor 6 cyl that would ever hang with a V8! Thats been on ever post you haver ever posted!
    I never said that. You're making up bullshit to suite your arguement. I said all things constant the larger engine will make more power. I never said it wasn't possible for something like a 4 cylinder to be faster than a V8.

But never count the small man out. Just cause he has a few less cyl's than you doest mean he doesnt have more power than you. But fact of the matter is if you cant handle the power nor the embarrassment your in the wrong business b/c there is always someone out there faster and better than you! And if your a sore looser than your just a disgrace b/c there is nothing worse than hearing a groan man whine like a baby!
    Hence nobody like seeing your worthless posts in every damn thread where someone bashes one of your precious imports. So once again, shut the hell up, its getting really old.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Hence nobody like seeing your worthless posts in every damn thread where someone bashes one of your precious imports. So once again, shut the hell up, its getting really old.
    Better be glad your from NJ!! Down here in the south you would have already been detained from your stupidity! We do such a thing called walk the walk instead of talking about it! We have pride in our rides b/c we dont build B.S! Im sure you have alot of that were your at considering your there.

Right...a tune and a "few little things" to get into the "deep 12's"...lay off the crack riceboy.

You must mean "full bolt ons, cams, meth injection, and a large turbo" by a "few little things"

And then once you start modding, it breaks. How cool is that.
    Prove it?

Again I see a bunch of B.S comments!! Obviously this guy knows how to drive his car and I really cant imagine multiple car lengths from a roll!! Not going to happen unless this guy is pushing 500+ HP!!

So (wesman) Whats your points here?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Better be glad your from NJ!! Down here in the south you would have already been detained from your stupidity! We do such a thing called walk the walk instead of talking about it! We have pride in our rides b/c we dont build B.S! Im sure you have alot of that were your at considering your there.
    Right...

I'm sure that would really happen. If that was true you would be incarcerated right now, because you're the biggest tool on this entire site.

I'm glad I'm not from where you live in "the south", at least I don't have to see your mobile home and your busted ass 240 every time I drive down the street.

Prove it?
    Ummm...how about thats what it takes to run those times?? Like, you know, the proof is in the fact that when you do those mods the end result is that you run those times?? Not that hard to comprehend.

Again I see a bunch of B.S comments!! Obviously this guy knows how to drive his car and I really cant imagine multiple car lengths from a roll!! Not going to happen unless this guy is pushing 500+ HP!!

So (wesman) Whats your points here?
    You really are slow in the head. I was referring to 98T/Aformula's post about him racing his friends near stock 2006 Evo with his car. Stock for stock an LS1 will slaughter an Evo from a roll. It takes a ton of mods for an Evo to hang with an LS1 on the highway, there is a 70+WHP difference stock and the LS motor breathes a lot better on the top end than a stock Evo does.

Now stop wasting space with your worthless posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information