Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Embarassing a Maxima and a V6 Mustang

I was coming home from school today (about noonish), just cruising down a 6 lane highway (3 lanes each way) with the tops off and the radio blasting. I pass under an overpass and I see a V6 Mustang (newer body style) and a early 2000s Maxima come flying onto the road I'm on from the road I just passed under. They line up beside eachother, about 100 feet in front of me, and take off. It was kind of depressing...they hardly went anywhere fast...very pitiful race to say the least (they were neck and neck). As they're pulling away from me, I decide to show them both up...I downshift to 3rd at about 60 and barrel after them. By the time I started they were probably about a half mile ahead of me. I end up blowing past them doing about 140 in 5th...my exhaust was screaming...and they got the best of it

I go about a half mile past them and then start to slow down...I'm getting down to 80 when they come up on me, line up on either side of me and start doing that jumping ahead and falling back crap. I just start laughing. They both take off again, and this time I go with them. I was in 6th and down shift to 4th. I take it up to the end of 4th and shift straight to 6th. By this time they are about 3-4 car lengths behind me and still racing eachother. I let them do their little flyby and I continue on my way home.

Some people are just sad

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I was coming home from school today (about noonish), just cruising down a 6 lane highway (3 lanes each way) with the tops off and the radio blasting. I pass under an overpass and I see a V6 Mustang (newer body style) and a early 2000s Maxima come flying onto the road I'm on from the road I just passed under. They line up beside eachother, about 100 feet in front of me, and take off. It was kind of depressing...they hardly went anywhere fast...very pitiful race to say the least (they were neck and neck). As they're pulling away from me, I decide to show them both up...I downshift to 3rd at about 60 and barrel after them. By the time I started they were probably about a half mile ahead of me. I end up blowing past them doing about 140 in 5th...my exhaust was screaming...and they got the best of it

I go about a half mile past them and then start to slow down...I'm getting down to 80 when they come up on me, line up on either side of me and start doing that jumping ahead and falling back crap. I just start laughing. They both take off again, and this time I go with them. I was in 6th and down shift to 4th. I take it up to the end of 4th and shift straight to 6th. By this time they are about 3-4 car lengths behind me and still racing eachother. I let them do their little flyby and I continue on my way home.

Some people are just sad
    tell me about it man, i had the same thing happen to me, one of those new 2 dr coupe altimas came at me the way they did and needless to say it was no contest haha

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post

Some people are just sad
    you just their ass

Thread Information