Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

EE vs Lamborghini Gallardo, C6 Z06, SRT10 Viper

This is a discussion on EE vs Lamborghini Gallardo, C6 Z06, SRT10 Viper within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Boosted, it is very funny. I was honestly looking to help this member out. Everyone goes through an SES code ...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Boosted, it is very funny. I was honestly looking to help this member out. Everyone goes through an SES code being triggered when installing an aftermarket part, it's really no big deal, and 8 out of 10 times (with 8 representing the competent mechanics, and 2 representing the first timer's), it's usually a reset of the ECM/PCM's, BLM....

But hey, what the heck do I know....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Again EXCELLENT kills Tom, and hope to be racing with/against you soon....!

Unsubscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    A 600awhp would destroy a stock C6 Z06 like its going backwards. Go home.
    LMAO wow you dont know shit about physics do ya? Last time I checked, bricks do not fly well.....

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    LMAO wow you dont know shit about physics do ya? Last time I checked, bricks do not fly well.....

Its too bad this forum doesnt have an intelligence requirement to enter the threads, otherwise I would not have to respond to these sort of posts.

A 600awhp EVO will trap from 133-136mph. 500awhp ones are trapping 128-130mph. My 378whp (at the time) went 118mph. My car as it sits should trap 125mph, which is right around a Z06's trap. Whats so hard to understand about this?

I guess you missed those vids of the 630awhp EVO running a MORE POWERFUL and and apparent more aerodynamic 644rwhp Z06.... I guess bricks can fly since they were dead even to 175mph

http://srvidz.vidiac.com/video/15d4d...f9b35f6368.htm

According to your logic a 600awhp EVO would trap 123mph. Wow, and you are trying to tell me about physics. Dont even bother responding anymore, youve shown youre complete lack of knowledge of basic common sense. Go back to mustang forums

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Again EXCELLENT kills Tom, and hope to be racing with/against you soon....!

Unsubscribed.
    Thanks Rob, we will meet up soon!

wow, you don't get it. When did I say anything about your trap speed in the 1/4 mile? The zo6 still has superior gearing and aerodynamics, it will still pull on top end. The Evo will run out of gear.

Stop getting butt hurt that no-one liks your overpriced 4 door sedan.

wow, you don't get it. When did I say anything about your trap speed in the 1/4 mile? The zo6 still has superior gearing and aerodynamics, it will still pull on top end. The Evo will run out of gear.

Youre a funny guy. Yeah I guess you forgot to mention the whole power aspect. The race ended at my 4th gear and started there. Gearing did not play that much of a role here. Guess you didnt read...

Im not hurt about anything and Im certainly not worried about people liking my car. I didnt get it because other people like it.

Either way, I wouldnt talk too much since youre driving that 01 GT. Go back to the Ford forums with your 13-second car.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Bricks do fly well if someone really strong throws one. In other words a really strong (600 awhp) car will beat a less stong (440 rwhp) car, even with better areodynamics. 160 extra horsepower to the gorund is alot.

As far as top end, I think a ZO6 might have alittle more, like 200 mph vs 180, because of gearing, but Who races past 180?
    But the evo would be at 180 when the ZO6 was at 160, because of all the extra horses. So I would say its a winner.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post

Either way, I wouldnt talk too much since youre driving that 01 GT. Go back to the Ford forums with your 13-second car.
    ouuuchhhh!!! lol
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Bricks do fly well if someone really strong throws one.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Boosted, it is very funny. I was honestly looking to help this member out. Everyone goes through an SES code being triggered when installing an aftermarket part, it's really no big deal, and 8 out of 10 times (with 8 representing the competent mechanics, and 2 representing the first timer's), it's usually a reset of the ECM/PCM's, BLM....

But hey, what the heck do I know....
    I don't want to hijack EE's threads anymore so this is my last response. Internet fighting is stupid. You are wrong about the LS2 engine, plain and simple. I know nothing of the LS1's so I will not comment on the motors YOU have. Disconnecting the MAF w/ the battery still in tact will not throw a code. Maybe once in a blue moon it will but it will not on a regular basis, I've done it numerous times. Second, it takes a lot less than a loose intake to cause a vaccuum leak and make it throw a code, period. I had a PCV vaccuum leak and it was throwing a code, fact. Third, the truck has a tune in it. Simply by moving the intake down to the brake duct to creat a true cold ram air KILLED the performance. The computer could not adjust the AFR table itself thus causing it to further lean out from the already leaned retune causing power loss. There is no sense in arguing with you. I own the truck, I've T&T'd it, I've played with it, I've read about the tuning issues and seen the proof FIRST HAND. I will take whats in front of my eyes any day before what somebody I've never even met is telling me. Oh, and you're seriously running a S/C on a car w/out tuning. Now that is retarded right there.... Can you say bye bye to at least 2 pistons the first time you go WOT? I bet you intercooled it though..... Do me a personal favor since you seem to know so much about this issue, research the LS2s and tell me what you find that is OBVIOUSLY so different then the LTX/LS1 motors because there seriously is something... Really, research it because I have seen no where near enough tuning on these to make a eduacated decision on WTF happens w/ these motors..... Since you can read why the AFR ratio changes from a 14.3 to a 13.1 from going to a traditional CAI to the ram air I had set up maybe you could explain it better to me. I honestly appreciate the insight you offer, but some of the stuff you stated was a little absurd. I aint been around the game forever but I been around a little while. I'm always willing to learn but when you tell me that a vaccuum leak will not throw a code, its a little hard to take anything you say past that seriously. No offense meant, really.

EE, I'm very sorry, I'm out of this haggling. I'm going to the track again tonight since my other TBSS buddy wants to run. Maybe you can shoot down if you see this. Headin to atco now. Pray for the rain gods to hold their fury for this weekend so they can get the fastest street car shootout done. To bad I have to work tomorrow

No way Im making that drive with the skies looking like they are!!!! Dont worry about the hijack, it happens!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Last time i checked evos are pretty aero dynamic

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

gearing is going to be different for a 4 cylinder versus a v8. they have different powerbands. so explain how the z06 has superior gearing? its geared to exploit all its power all the way to redline....much like the evo.

youre so smart though i dont see how i could possibly argue.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    gearing is going to be different for a 4 cylinder versus a v8. they have different powerbands. so explain how the z06 has superior gearing? its geared to exploit all its power all the way to redline....much like the evo.

youre so smart though i dont see how i could possibly argue.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    I don't want to hijack EE's threads anymore so this is my last response. Internet fighting is stupid. You are wrong about the LS2 engine, plain and simple. I know nothing of the LS1's so I will not comment on the motors YOU have. Disconnecting the MAF w/ the battery still in tact will not throw a code. Maybe once in a blue moon it will but it will not on a regular basis, I've done it numerous times.
    i second that. i take off sensors everyday at work with the battery hooked up and no codes ever pop up, unless you try to start it.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z
    i second that. i take off sensors everyday at work with the battery hooked up and no codes ever pop up, unless you try to start it....
    Blue, there are way too many variables with what you are agreeing to. This is the very reasoning behind why some people get an SES code when installing a component, while others do not. You don't know how the installation went, you can only assume that he did it properly. If I disconnected my MAF sensor, then tried to start the car, yes, I'll immediately throw a code. If I turn the engine back off, connect the MAF, yes, the code will go away. However, in certain instances the code will remain STORED in the PCM, depending solely on such variables of the installation itself. People sometimes refer to these as intermittent codes....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
    I'm always willing to learn but when you tell me that a vaccuum leak will not throw a code, its a little hard to take anything you say past that seriously. No offense meant, really....
    No offense taken, but your still not grasping what I said. Incidently, all the things that you touched upon are completely irrelevant to the subject, except for this; reiterating on this PCV valve scenario of your's. Any air that bypasses the MAF sensor forces the PCM to correct such a lean condition by using the long term fuel corrections. A small leak like the PCV valve should not be a big problem, so I take your example to be very unlikely. It would have to be such a big vacuum leak that the PCM COULD NOT correct the condition using both the long term and short term fuel corrections, causing the O2 sensor to indicate a lean condition for an extended period of time....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
    Do me a personal favor since you seem to know so much about this issue, research the LS2s and tell me what you find that is OBVIOUSLY so different then the LTX/LS1 motors because there seriously is something....
    Research what? The only difference in PCM configuration's is the crank trigger, which is why I keep scratching my head whenever you imply, "these LS2's are completely different"....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information