Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

EE vs Lamborghini Gallardo, C6 Z06, SRT10 Viper

This is a discussion on EE vs Lamborghini Gallardo, C6 Z06, SRT10 Viper within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by EE1983 We have gone severly off topic! its ok.. but im thinking if the rest of ur ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    We have gone severly off topic!
    its ok.. but im thinking if the rest of ur girl is like her back end.. i may be investing in a evo

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Timmay, where in NJ ru located. Im in Toms River.
    I live in Burlington. I'm in the AF at McGuire. Where I'm sitting right now We have big TBSS shop down in Toms River. Tune Time Performance, sure you've heard of it. There are a lot of bad ass rides down there. I'm shocked everytime I go down to TTP. Be careful if you run into a white TBSS down there w/ a big TTP perf sticker on the back side window. It will be a very interesting race

Im throwing a bank 1 and bank 2 lean code right now. I'm hoping it just has to do w/ the new intake. I have the ECU fuse sitting in my pocket right now hoping to reset the computer to learn the new A/F from scratch. These damn LS2's are F'n touchy. I hate it. So I'm not totally sure If I'm going to go to the track now. We have had a lot of issues w/ these trucks. I don't want to blow my motor from leaning it out because we just had a kid blow his and the GM rep dug deep and they aren't replacing it because of some rubber on his back bumper and the tune they found in it...... He is saying 11 grand replacement from GM. Even at half that I can't afford to blow up my motor and have GM F' me on it.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
    Im throwing a bank 1 and bank 2 lean code right now. I'm hoping it just has to do w/ the new intake. I have the ECU fuse sitting in my pocket right now hoping to reset the computer to learn the new A/F from scratch....
    If you installed the intake with the battery still hooked up you inadvertently set that code yourself. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes (not just the fuse), and allow it to re-set, then allow for BLM.....

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    I live in Burlington. I'm in the AF at McGuire. Where I'm sitting right now We have big TBSS shop down in Toms River. Tune Time Performance, sure you've heard of it. There are a lot of bad ass rides down there. I'm shocked everytime I go down to TTP. Be careful if you run into a white TBSS down there w/ a big TTP perf sticker on the back side window. It will be a very interesting race

Im throwing a bank 1 and bank 2 lean code right now. I'm hoping it just has to do w/ the new intake. I have the ECU fuse sitting in my pocket right now hoping to reset the computer to learn the new A/F from scratch. These damn LS2's are F'n touchy. I hate it. So I'm not totally sure If I'm going to go to the track now. We have had a lot of issues w/ these trucks. I don't want to blow my motor from leaning it out because we just had a kid blow his and the GM rep dug deep and they aren't replacing it because of some rubber on his back bumper and the tune they found in it...... He is saying 11 grand replacement from GM. Even at half that I can't afford to blow up my motor and have GM F' me on it.
    Thats crazy! I stopped in there last week because I heard a rumor there was an AWD Dyno there. I had no idea. Somehow I drove by that place almost everyday and never really realized it was there! I might be visiting the track next week if I can! Im very excited to go, I just hope I can hook up, unlike last time.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    If you installed the intake with the battery still hooked up you inadvertently set that code yourself. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes (not just the fuse), and allow it to re-set, then allow for BLM.....
    What???? I have never heard such a thing in my life.... It appears though that I have a vaccuum leak from me pulling stuff off trying to clean up the engine bay.

Thats crazy! I stopped in there last week because I heard a rumor there was an AWD Dyno there. I had no idea. Somehow I drove by that place almost everyday and never really realized it was there! I might be visiting the track next week if I can! Im very excited to go, I just hope I can hook up, unlike last time.
    Yes, Matt has a AWD you can get on. Some kid had his buddy in his Evo comin up. Maybe it was you? Do you have a friend who has a trans am? He's only like 19 or somethin though. He was there hangin when we had our meet which was uhhhhhhh, I think in april sometime. It def wasn't last week. Ill be going either thurs or friday dude. Don't bitch out!!!! I'm hoping this PCV exhaust fixes my CEL so I can get down there.

2009 Corvette ZO6

What??? I have never heard such a thing in my life.... It appears though that I have a vaccuum leak from me pulling stuff off trying to clean up the engine bay....
    Never heard what? A vacuum leak wouldn't be as severe enough to throw a code, the PCM would simply compensate by dumping more fuel into the cylinders. Unless the intake wasn't fully seated, but I'm assuming that it was, of course. Nevertheless, it's very common to inadvertently throw a bank 1/2 lean code. I threw one myself when swapping to the newer H/C/I, even w/disconnecting the battery before-hand. Try starting the engine with the fuse removed, and then try with the battery disconnected. PCM will reset and allow for Block Learn Mode (BLM), and the code will eventually, if not immediately go away....

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Yes, Matt has a AWD you can get on. Some kid had his buddy in his Evo comin up. Maybe it was you? Do you have a friend who has a trans am? He's only like 19 or somethin though. He was there hangin when we had our meet which was uhhhhhhh, I think in april sometime. It def wasn't last week. Ill be going either thurs or friday dude. Don't bitch out!!!! I'm hoping this PCV exhaust fixes my CEL so I can get down there.

No that wasnt me. I just walked over because I was eating lunch at the Hibachi place next door. I heard a car being dynoed! I doubt I will go this Thurs or Fri since there is a good chance of rain. We'll see!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Try starting the engine with the fuse removed, and then try with the battery disconnected....
    ^ Note that I don't expect anyone to try this, I just stated that to show the differences in the re-set. Disconnecting the battery kills the battery supply, entirely, and is the best way to clear a code....

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Ok, a vaccuum leak most certainly will throw a code. I have no idea where you learned that but you're way off.....

Second, my code may be coming from the A/F mixture. These LS2 motors are not like the LT1/LS1 motors. The ECU can not compensate by dumping more fuel. It sucks.

Third, how exactly do you plan to start the vehicle w/ the ECU fused pulled? But thank you for at least making an attempt.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Ok, a vaccuum leak most certainly will throw a code. I have no idea where you learned that but you're way off.....
    Prove it. Mass Air Flow can't determine if the engine has a vacuum leak or not. An engine doesn't care "where" it gets its air from, so long as it gets it. The O2 sensors determines A/F/R, and this is where added fuel comes into play (they too don't know if there's a vacuum leak or not, all they know is that the engine is running a tad leaner, and it's their job to richen it up). Not to mention, a minor vacuum leak (that's clearly NOT effecting drivability) isn't significant enough to lean it out "that much" to throw a code. Lets test your theory though. We just installed a ProCharger on my other LS1, which obviously resulted in a lot more calculated air. No tuning done yet. So where's the SES code? PCM doesn't know, I didn't whisper in it's ear, so where's the code....?

Third, how exactly do you plan to start the vehicle w/ the ECU fused pulled? But thank you for at least making an attempt....
    Don't flatter yourself. Also, you obviously missed the point of the fuse being removed. If I am so wrong in your mindset, kindly show me where I'm wrong....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    A vacuum leak wouldn't be as severe enough to throw a code, the PCM would simply compensate by dumping more fuel into the cylinders. Unless the intake wasn't fully seated, but I'm assuming that it was, of course....
    ^ Assuming that the intake was installed/sealed correctly....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Patiently waiting for a response....

It's people like this that enjoy making EFI more complicated than it really is. An engine control module measures the A/F ratio, and uses such information to maintain proper A/F ratio at a certain constant value (14.7 to 1), a la the O2 sensor.....

When initially started though, Open loop mode IGNORES the O2 sensors information, in fact, they aren't even fully enabled until proper temperature is realized, so that the engine can be managed to run at OTHER A/F ratios. No feedback given, the PCM runs on predetermined VE's.

.... and even when Closed Loop is enabled, the O2 sensors monitor for proper A/F, regardless where the air is coming from. However, with a wrongly installed intake manifold, the air level would clearly be too much for the O2's to handle, thus throwing a code (but that would have a noticeable effect on drivability).

2009 Corvette ZO6

Tom, sorry for hijacking your thread. But, this is what I get for trying to help out a fellow member's LSx. Could honestly care less if the guy listens to me or not, but again, wanted to at least tell you that.....

Block Learn is a automatic adjustment of the VE tables. When disconnecting the battery, BLM adjustments revert back to 128, or neutral, neutral value being 128. In time, as it learns, it settles for the closest value that gives 14.7 to 1 A/F ratio, with no closed loop correction....

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Damn I just learned a ton from reading this

Black
    01 Camaro SS

I'm off work now, thats why there's been no response. When I'm at work I sit in front of a computer for 12 hours. Thats why I seem to sometimes seemlessly respond.

The fact that you are talking A/F tables and knowing that a car can get a A/F reading to run without the MAF then stating a vaccuum leak can not throw a code absolutely fondles my mind. You honestly think that a vaccuum leak after the MAF would not throw a code yet you think that installing a CAI with the battery connected would? WTF are you talking about man?

Anywho, I do not tune so I can not argue w/ you in in depth. Just because you can state some A/F ratios at closed loop and open loop does not make you smart, obviously since you stated a vaccuum leak will never throw a code. But since it won't throw a code, i wonder why my CEL has not come on again since I reinstalled the PCV piece into the intake, AFTER THE MAF LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. I must have whispered sweet nothings into its ear.....

Oh and since the motor dumps more fuel to compensate for the air intake, explain to me why without being able to tune for the new intake setup I was running 3 to 4 tenths slower and 4 mph lower than when I put the intake into the normal position tonight? 2 T&T runs confirmed it so no, the computer can not compensate for a radically changed airflow. My LT1 can, but not this ECU controlled LS2....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Oh and since the motor dumps more fuel to compensate for the air intake, explain to me why without being able to tune for the new intake setup I was running 3 to 4 tenths slower and 4 mph lower than when I put the intake into the normal position tonight? 2 T&T runs confirmed it so no, the computer can not compensate for a radically changed airflow. My LT1 can, but not this ECU controlled LS2....

Once again you missed the point, entirely. Nobody said that a tune wouldn't be beneficial, nor was it said that the stock PCM's settings would work well with aftermarket parts. We're talking about SES codes, are we not? To reiterate, I just installed a ProCharger on an LS1, w/no codes being thrown afterward, but this doesn't mean that I won't plug in EFI live for the proper tune, on the contrary, it's mandatory to take advantage of it....

Also, what "radical" change in airflow are you referring to? An intake swap LMAO? Please explain to me how bolting on a bigger intake manifold will allow for more air to squeeze through the stock Mass Air Flow sensor, as well as the stock head ports, to achieve "that much" of a radical increase in airflow (again, to reiterate for the fourth time, unless the intake manifold isn't seated properly, and allowing for major amounts of air to get in)? Also, we installed quite a few sets of long tube headers for people, resulting in the SAME EXACT codes being thrown. More air being burned? NO! BLM need resetting? YES!

As for running a slower number, there is nothing to explain. I wasn't there, so I have to go on your word alone. Too many variables as well. Is the SES code still prevalent, which would throw the PCM for a loop (pun intended), which would obviously have a negative effect on performance? Need more information to throw out some possibilities....
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 05-18-2007 at 05:12 AM.

This story would be believable if the Evo was pushing down closer to 600awhp. Evo's do not have the top end any of those cars would have especially a lighter car and better geared car like the zo6.

2009 Corvette ZO6

The fact that you are talking A/F tables and knowing that a car can get a A/F reading to run without the MAF....
    You do realize that these PCM's run with both Mass Air Flow (MAF) AND Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensors, correct.....?

then stating a vaccuum leak can not throw a code absolutely fondles my mind.
    Depends on the vacuum leak. You didn't present any drivability problems, just an SES code, in which you SPECULATED that you had a vacuum leak....

You honestly think that a vaccuum leak after the MAF would not throw a code...
    That's what the MAP sensor is for, and AGAIN, it depends on the vacuum leak (eg; loose/improperly seated intake manifold)....

yet you think that installing a CAI with the battery connected would? WTF are you talking about man?
    I see now that you don't tune, yet your trying to pass off misinformation. Disconnecting a sensor plugged into the PCM, w/the battery still supplying power (WHICH IT DOES, EVEN WITH THE KEY OFF), will cause for the PCM to get thrown into a loop, thus throwing a code, in turn needing to be reset....

As for the rest of your ridiculous response, get over yourself. You have no idea on how to tune, nor do you have any idea about the stock LS2 PCM's characteristics, yet your quick to ASS-UME that your right, and everyone else is wrong. That says everything to me, and to any sensible person reading this....

Stick to you fabricated racing tales, and kill stories.....

blue
    89 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    This story would be believable if the Evo was pushing down closer to 600awhp. Evo's do not have the top end any of those cars would have especially a lighter car and better geared car like the zo6.

A 600awhp would destroy a stock C6 Z06 like its going backwards. Go home.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information