Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

EE vs Lamborghini Gallardo, C6 Z06, SRT10 Viper

The most insane thing happened to me today. After spending the morning with mom, I came home and decided to go for a quick run on 37 with my brother since Sunday is usually the best days for races believe it or not.

We are sitting at a light and by the hand of God.. what pulls out? Yellow Gallardo, Yellow SRT10 Viper, Black C6 Z06, silver C6 conv. My brother goes "holy sh* is this happening?". I anxiously waited for the light to turn green so I could chase them down. I did a half ass launch off the light just to try and catch these guys since they were driving pretty aggressively. I catch up to them finally and they all go right and pull into Lukoil. I said to myself this is going to happen again so I pulled into Wendys a little farther down to wait for them. Sure enough, 10m later they all come storming down 37. I pull out of Wendys and get right next to them and start cruising with them. There was tons of traffic so no fun was going to happen.
    The gallardo is leading them and gets on Parkway North... so Im thinking.. ok this is not where I want to be with them but whatever, Ill give it a shot since I dont know what my car is capable of right now anyway.

We get on the parkway at Exit 82... by 87 things startd to clear up and now im in the front of all of them... the Gallardo is coming up in the left lane (Im in middle) and I nail it 4th gear (around 70mph) and he does the same... he starts walking by then I match him speed and we brake... wooohh close! I knew I would be able to walk it if I raced it dead even start. As soon as that happens the C6 Z06 runs up on me and wants to play. Im expecting to get pulled by this guy.

Traffic clears, we get door to door, me in the left lane, him in the middle.... 4th gear roll on from 70mph... we both slam it..... door to door to 12x~mph~!!!!!!! I almost shit myself. My brother was smiling just syaing no way! At this point Im utterly estatic I just hung with the Z on the highway of all things.

The Gallardo wants some more this time.... again like the Vette, 4th gear roll.... walk by it....

The Gallardo catches up and puts down the window and believe it or not... kid my age (23-24) driving it... gives me the thumbs up and goes "you just walked the lambo!" I gave him thumbs up and told him his ride was just nasty! Next the C6 Z gets next to me and the guy asks what turbo I had... I said 20G and he says awesome and that he is stock (which I knew). He gives me thumbs up and they tear off with the Viper... I ended up getting off Exit 98, turning around and going back home to Exit 80. On the way back MikeSomething calls me to tell me hes on 37... going to meet him now!

Cliffnotes: Walked Lambo Gallardo... went door to door with C6 Z on the highway. My year is now complete!

BTW, peolpe are probably wondering what the hell I have done. I have new custom 20G turbo which is slightly larger than stock. Spools only 200rpm slower with much improved top end. I am running 26.5psi at redline with 30psi spike at inital throttle. I dont know what the car will run yet but it should be pretty fast after what just happened. Cheers!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dam kid, nice kills

so all u have done is just increased boost w/ aftermaket turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    My year is now complete!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

...and all I got was a Dodge Charger Daytona to race on the way there to see him.

Great kills man!

golden
    89 grand prix

damn that was a bunch of money on the highway. i'm not surprised with a 20g that you took the lambo but i'm impressed that you kept up with the z06, thats sick! i assume you have a 9 right and that you have at least exhaust, and maybe a bigger cooler with some supporting mods for that 20g. what did you use to tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Yes! Damn it Rob that made my year

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    dam kid, nice kills

so all u have done is just increased boost w/ aftermaket turbo?

Yeah Im full bolt-ons with the stock housing' 20G turbo with healthy boost. I am an EVO8 btw, not a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    ...and all I got was a Dodge Charger Daytona to race on the way there to see him.

Great kills man!
    Mike, so weird you came down today, that was pretty random. Maybe next Sunday we will get some more runs in!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

holy shit dude. thats some pretty impressive kill story.

btw, how old r u, jw

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

"kid my age (23-24) driving it."

Awesome kill story dude. those evo's are bad ass that's for sure!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post

Cliffnotes: Walked Lambo Gallardo... went door to door with C6 Z on the highway. My year is now complete!
    How much power does your car have?? Something like 370WHP??

I don't believe you hung with a C6 Z06 for one second. Those cars are animals, and even stock will destroy just about everything on the road.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

OH BOY.....!

watching and waiting in anticipation........

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I don't believe you hung with a C6 Z06 for one second. Those cars are animals, and even stock will destroy just about everything on the road.
    Well its kinda true.... I mean there are def some bad Evo's out there but to say he hung w/ one on a roll is a little hard to believe. They trap at high 120s on street tires... But anything can happen on the street.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i beat an evo 9 that still had his dealer tags on... granted you have a lot done to urs... i just figured id say that so i feel up there too

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Well its kinda true.... I mean there are def some bad Evo's out there but to say he hung w/ one on a roll is a little hard to believe. They trap at high 120s on street tires... But anything can happen on the street.
    C6 Z06's will run 10.8 1/4 miles with drag radials, bone stock motor. Last I heard EE's Evo was running high 11's, with an AWD launch.

From a roll, there is no comparison. An Evo with his mods will get destroyed by a stock C6 Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    How much power does your car have?? Something like 370WHP??

Hehe that was the old setup sir. 378whp is old news. Car has way more power now clearly. My car would have gotten obliterated with my old setup against a stock Z

BTW, might be getting a setup race with a C6 Z soon so hopefully get one on video

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    C6 Z06's will run 10.8 1/4 miles with drag radials, bone stock motor....
    I get into many heated debates when it comes to those numbers. The C6-ZO6 is the fastest car ever to be released from the U.S. factory, but those numbers are still in question though. I see LS7's running low to mid 11's, bone stock, w/slicks, each and every week. That 10.8 1/4 run was by "Ranger" ( to see the video), but there is really no way to confirm that it was bone stock, other than by the guy's word....

For those numbers, the air had to be perfect, and his shifting had to be flawless. If maybe someone else were to pull off a similar time, the debate would immediately end, but no one has of yet, which makes me question those numbers more and more. For people reading this, don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. The LS7 is king when it comes to factory muscle, but I just don't see it in the tens, bone stock, w/slicks. For me to believe those times, I would want it dyno'ed right in front of me, and I would need to be there at the track, to witness....

Wesman, this is in no way an attack on you bro. It's just that this argument has been going on with the other boards for quite some time. In the beginning I believed Ranger's results. But when I realized that NOBODY (and I'm talking people with impeccable driving skills) has even come close to those numbers since, it starts to make a guy wonder....

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Nice races, way to hang with the ZO6

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    EE i dont know too much about evo's but it sounds like to beat thoses car you should be runnin 10's in the 1/4?? does that sound right?
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information