EE vs Built/Blown LT1

I left dinner last night to go look for a good run on good ole' Route 37 and did I ever get one. I was rolling past the hospital when I heard this obscenly loud Camaro strolls up slowly next to me. I could hear the blower whining loudly at idle and the low slow rumble of the exhaust. I could not even talk to my girlfriend in the passenger seat this thing was so loud, and the windows were only cracked open! We got a light and he ended up slowly going by me so I could see what was up with it..

Well.. this thing meant business. It had an external fuel pump coming out the back, obviously supercharged, had slicks with skinnies out front and a roll cage. I actually was thinking I might not be able to handle this one unless we go from a roll. An auto/stalled RWD on slicks is not exactly a sham off the line!

Anyway, we roll down to Manchester and make a U-turn... we get next to each other and stop at the light before Walmart headed East... the light turns red so we're game.

Thank GOD I got my new Pirelli's on the day before. I knew I was going to have to do a pretty nasty launch to make it out of the hole with this thing.
    I did a 6500-7000rpm launch, and got him out of the hole barely, he was probably 2 feet from my back bumper when I slammed 2nd... slammed 3rd, hes still there, slammed 4th, still there... then he inched up to my rear door and it was 127mph, and I hit the rev limiter and 4th and it was over. What a sick close race!

The Camaro followed me off 37 and we pulled over in a parking lot and chatted for a little while. The best line the passenger had was... "we did NOT expect that out of THAT car." That really made me happy to hear that! I asked what he had done and the driver's response was "everything". He said I was his first race ever on 37 and that he never comes out here. I told him he was my first race since I got my car back! I asked him if he ever ran it and he said no but he will be going to the track soon.

They complimented on how my car hauled fu*kin ass and I did the same to them and we both parted ways and got back on Route 37.

That was my only race of the night and was it was a great start! I was damn impressed with my car as this is the first race Ive gotten since doing the new mods. It was such a close, heated race, ...man they are the best by far.

Plenty more to come Im sure.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Makes me wanna just run out now and grab a SC! Good stuff man!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I left dinner last night to go look for a good run on good ole' Route 37 and did I ever get one. I was rolling past the hospital when I heard this obscenly loud Camaro strolls up slowly next to me. I could hear the blower whining loudly at idle and the low slow rumble of the exhaust. I could not even talk to my girlfriend in the passenger seat this thing was so loud, and the windows were only cracked open! We got a light and he ended up slowly going by me so I could see what was up with it..

Well.. this thing meant business. It had an external fuel pump coming out the back, obviously supercharged, had slicks with skinnies out front and a roll cage. I actually was thinking I might not be able to handle this one unless we go from a roll. An auto/stalled RWD on slicks is not exactly a sham off the line!

Anyway, we roll down to Manchester and make a U-turn... we get next to each other and stop at the light before Walmart headed East... the light turns red so we're game.

Thank GOD I got my new Pirelli's on the day before. I knew I was going to have to do a pretty nasty launch to make it out of the hole with this thing.
    I did a 6500-7000rpm launch, and got him out of the hole barely, he was probably 2 feet from my back bumper when I slammed 2nd... slammed 3rd, hes still there, slammed 4th, still there... then he inched up to my rear door and it was 127mph, and I hit the rev limiter and 4th and it was over. What a sick close race!

The Camaro followed me off 37 and we pulled over in a parking lot and chatted for a little while. The best line the passenger had was... "we did NOT expect that out of THAT car." That really made me happy to hear that! I asked what he had done and the driver's response was "everything". He said I was his first race ever on 37 and that he never comes out here. I told him he was my first race since I got my car back! I asked him if he ever ran it and he said no but he will be going to the track soon.

They complimented on how my car hauled fu*kin ass and I did the same to them and we both parted ways and got back on Route 37.

That was my only race of the night and was it was a great start! I was damn impressed with my car as this is the first race Ive gotten since doing the new mods. It was such a close, heated race, ...man they are the best by far.

Plenty more to come Im sure.
    im not surprised that he said that....him like thousands of others dont like evos...its just his opinion, dont be too surpsrised...just like how some people dont like rap music, but these days people just assume that everyone listens to it...not tryin to start anything, im just saying...get used to people in old muscle cars talkin in a negative way with your car
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    get used to people in old muscle cars talkin in a negative way with your car
    I wouldn't put an LT1 in the "Old Muscle Car" Category yet. It's more for like 70's Muscle. At least the guy was cool about it. I've raced plenty & whether I win or loose they still either don't acknowledge me afterwards or flip me off.

im not surprised that he said that....him like thousands of others dont like evos...its just his opinion, dont be too surpsrised...just like how some people dont like rap music, but these days people just assume that everyone listens to it...not tryin to start anything, im just saying...get used to people in old muscle cars talkin in a negative way with your car
    It had nothing to do with EVOs. He was talking about the power my car had... he wasnt expecting to have that sort of race. I had a guy in a 67 Camaro tell me my car was badass after I kicked his ass last summer. My car is just lowered with wheels, doesnt sound too crazy at idle or anything. Its sort of like by looking at my car you wouldnt expect it to be fast, unlike the Camaro which looked REALLY fast!

It had nothing to do with EVOs. He was talking about the power my car had... he wasnt expecting to have that sort of race. I had a guy in a 67 Camaro tell me my car was badass after I kicked his ass last summer. My car is just lowered with wheels, doesnt sound too crazy at idle or anything. Its sort of like by looking at my car you wouldnt expect it to be fast, unlike the Camaro which looked REALLY fast!
    well see there ya go, you got a supporter,lol..i just said that because whenever i go to car meets and talk to to older crowd (40-60yr) range....they have absolutely no respect for the import crowd, its funny how bad they rip on them...lack of knowledge i guess?

well see there ya go, you got a supporter,lol..i just said that because whenever i go to car meets and talk to to older crowd (40-60yr) range....they have absolutely no respect for the import crowd, its funny how bad they rip on them...lack of knowledge i guess?

Ive heard people say that, but I honestly think it depends where you are from. Around here, there is a complete mutual respect and its not an import versus domestic scene at all. We all hang out together in the same lots. There are not many ricey cars down here. You are judged by how fast you are, not by what your car mfg. is.

Ive heard people say that, but I honestly think it depends where you are from. Around here, there is a complete mutual respect and its not an import versus domestic scene at all. We all hang out together in the same lots. There are not many ricey cars down here. You are judged by how fast you are, not by what your car mfg. is.
    yeah its def the other way up here,lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice race EE. sounds like it was lots of fun

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1
    whenever i go to car meets and talk to to older crowd (40-60yr) range....they have absolutely no respect for the import crowd, its funny how bad they rip on them.
    It's unfortunate. People are always frightened by what they don't understand, or for a better way of putting it, what they don't want to understand. I had an older guy compliment my '98 Trans Am when I took out an EVO a few weeks back. Guy came over and emphatically stated, "your car is awesome, way to take out that turbo crap. I hate turbos". Then he looked over toward my buddy's TTA, after finishing on a low eleven pass, and said, "love that car".....

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    It's unfortunate. People are always frightened by what they don't understand, or for a better way of putting it, what they don't want to understand. I had an older guy compliment my '98 Trans Am when I took out an EVO a few weeks back. Guy came over and emphatically stated, "your car is awesome, way to take out that turbo crap. I hate turbos". Then he looked over toward my buddy's TTA, after finishing on a low eleven pass, and said, "love that car".....

LOL... gotta love those "turbo" haters hehe

LOL... gotta love those "turbo" haters hehe
    Nice kill by the way....

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Nice kill. Gotta love those close races.

golden
    89 grand prix

wow how ignorant is saying that you hate turbos, that's like saying you hate tits or something.

golden
    89 grand prix

btw what's done to the evo EE?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULlikesyourcar
    wow how ignorant is saying that you hate turbos, that's like saying you hate tits or something....
    How could you possibly compare turbo's to boobie's lol....?

black
    1998 z28 camaro

the main reason (at least from where I grew up) is people are buying up the jap cars and not spending their money here on an american company. back when these 40-60 yr olds were growing up if it wasn't made in the US or by a US company then you don't buy it. but that was back then. peoples perspectives have changed. but the over 40 croud is still stuck in the old ways. sometimes I agree with them. but that's an entirely different discussion.

congrats on the kill. I'm facing an evo 9 when I get back from this deployment. which of course I'll probably get my rear handed to me. but I'm just doing it to have fun.

Thread Information