fnbs

eclipse gsx turbo v 90 lx

had the opportunity to race this eclipse on a highway with really no one around at 5 or so int he evening. he first saw me in his rear view mirror and started to take off so i dint have a chance to catch up or something. anyway, i get up next to him and we are going about 50. we race about 4-5 times.

first race- 50 mph start. i start in third and we gun it i am pulling in third and when im in fourth i am pulling a little more as well. had about3 car lengths or so (maybe more not sure) at about 100 mph then we shut down.

2nd race- he suggests we go alittle slower to start. so we start about 30 mph. im in 2nd gear and we take off again. same results except i jump even more this time and end at about 100 mph again

3rd race- he says he needed to adjust his boost or something. acting like something wasnt right. he asked if i had a super charger (my tb whistles) and i told him no but i have a 75 shot. he told me i used it in the previous races (which i didnt). go again from about 45 and i beat him again.

4th race- this guy was persistant- start at about 35 and i am at his window partial throttle. i wave to his passenger as i punched it and walked away with nitrous this time. destroyed him

5th race (last)- he said we should go from a stop. we hit a red light and i said this time i will use my nitrous. we take off and it was as you guessed. i ended up destroying him. he let off about 70 or so i would guess.

after, they pull up and i say that his car is pretty fast and he reciprocated. i think he was totally shocked that he got owned. i could tell from his face and his buddies that they didnt expect to get beat. also from his boost comment and asking about my supercharger were clues that he was expecting to beat me. i will say that he had 2 passengers in the car. and i had no one, however i don think it would have mattered. gave them a few honks as i exited. they gave thumbs up out the window.

over all a fun experience with great results from me

what would a turboed gsx with exhaust and goodies run in the 1/4 mile anyway?

jim

ps if your wondering why im posting here- its becaseu no mustang sights allow race posts- and there is a lot of action here

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

good kill.

and they let me come here, i am a ford guy as well, i like chevy amongst others, but mainly ford. theres a few of us.

2001 Ls1
    What kinda eclipse, the early 90's ones or late 90's?

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Nice kill!

Some of the modded AWD turbo cars are quick from a dig, but the AWD becomes a hindrance as speed increases. It just starts to eat too much power. Just ask a certain blue, modded Evo running around town here.

fnbs
    it wa a newer gsx. i actually raced a rice burner yesterday (and i couldnt even figure out what kind it was)! anyway, we raced and were neck and neck the whole way. i thought i was going to kill him. reached down for my juice, flipped the bottle on. then i flipped the activation switch, then i punched it AND.... i was all out!!! damn, oh well. i gave him propps and he said he runs 13 flat at the track. i think he must have been spraying. cause we went again on the highway and i was pulling from him pretty easy.

quicky06
    Quote Originally Posted by sit_back
    good kill.

and they let me come here, i am a ford guy as well, i like chevy amongst others, but mainly ford. theres a few of us.
    welcome to the club

2001 Ls1
    The drivetrain loss isn't bad at all on the mitsu awd cars. It not linear but its only about 17% (only 3% more then FWD dsms) which really makes it close to many other fwd/rwd cars.

Its not really that it sucks all its juice as much as it is the evo isn't that powerful of a car stock in the first place, it just kinda overachieves in 0-60 and 1/4 mile because of awd when it really isnt that fast. They'll get pulled on pretty hard in the upper gears stock.

Nice kills

Azhigher
    Newer GSX's can run high 13's, low 14's at the track with exhaust, and maybe race gas. They had to make due with the T25 tho, while the first gens can do an exhaust and intake on their 14b's and turn in mid 13's if they REALLY hit it good.

Quote Originally Posted by fnbs
    i will say that he had 2 passengers in the car. and i had no one, however i don think it would have mattered. gave them a few honks as i exited. they gave thumbs up out the window.
    With 2 passengers & limited torque to begin with, that race was over before it began. Passengers/ no passengers, he would have lost.

Nice Kill

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

What is it with those ricers? Don't they realize that rice doesn't build muscle? Sure, it may give you a little energy and a little wimpy fart, but how's that going to compete?

Thread Information