Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Eagle talon killing everybody at the track

This is a discussion on Eagle talon killing everybody at the track within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by nevrlift trying to talk the wifey into an A6 instead of a Acura TL The TL starts ...

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    trying to talk the wifey into an A6 instead of a Acura TL
    The TL starts at $33,700 and the A6 starts at $42,000 so they are sort of different price ranges...

  2. #102
    TENACIOUS BASTARD nevrlift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    orange*county, ca.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    744

    Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    The TL starts at $33,700 and the A6 starts at $42,000 so they are sort of different price ranges...


    i want a turbo in the family....prolly try to buy a used one a couple years old

  3. #103
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    As for the subaru comment, they suck, if you want to do anything to the motor you cant get at anything literally, they are horrible cars if you want to go past bolt ons.
    Exactly. Flat motor = bitch to work on.

  4. #104
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    I thought VWs used to be the most reliable cars int he world...guess that was only true in the 70s?

  5. #105
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    well i was on the way to the strip and raced a gsx/talon idk which one it was but the guy said awd nd turbo upgrade etc... well we raced three honks then go from a 30ish punch.. he jumped by like a fender righ taway then i swallowed him up in no time and gained a car length by 70 and shut her down around 80... good race but i clearly won i held onto it till he let off

  6. #106
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Unless the talon or eclipse is decently built they aint gonna pull shit, ive raced tons of kids saying they push this amount of boost and blah blah blah and just pulled the shit outta them. They make 205hp stock if they are turbo.

  7. #107
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    Well my buddy at work is currently building an H22 (2.2 liter Honda Prelude engine) and turbocharging it to 22 psi of boost; he's expecting 400-450 horsepower. Golen Engine Service built a couple of 383 LT1s and turbocharged them to "around 20 psi of boost," (according to Golen, who I e-mailed), and the result was 1100 horsepower. BIG difference in power, small difference in boost (in fact the LT1 was running on less boost!!!)

  8. #108
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    His car should be done and ready i n a month and a half, mine won't be for 2-4 years. Suck~! But he is planning on running one of the guys' SRT8 as soon as he gets his car done. That'll be fun to watch! If that Honda Accord he put that engine into hooks up at all, he'll decimate that Charger SRT8 like crazy!!!

  9. #109
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    He better make sure he does everything right, the h22 has a high comp ratio 10.6 to 1 so boosting it to 22psi might be a bad idea, i hope he is using new pistons and head design. Also those 383 must be heavily built cause 20psi wouldnt get a lt1 anywhere near 1000hp. Also when you say 20psi or whatever that doesnt mean shit, what else you need to know is how big is the turbo, 20psi on a 57mm trim turbo is alot different then 20psi on a 101mm trim.

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    He better make sure he does everything right, the h22 has a high comp ratio 10.6 to 1 so boosting it to 22psi might be a bad idea, i hope he is using new pistons and head design. Also those 383 must be heavily built cause 20psi wouldnt get a lt1 anywhere near 1000hp. Also when you say 20psi or whatever that doesnt mean shit, what else you need to know is how big is the turbo, 20psi on a 57mm trim turbo is alot different then 20psi on a 101mm trim.
    Can you explain that last bit to me? I don't get how a motor that takes in a certain displacement of air is going to care whether its 20psi is from a 101mm turbo or a 57mm turbo. In fact, I should think that efficiency matters more. 101mm at 20psi isn't going to be more efficient on every motor than a 57.

    I've heard this from more than you, so please straighten me out.

    Thanks,

    Chris

  11. #111
    You cant compare boost on different turbo and different engines. Also, if the Prelude guy is going to run 20psi of boost, he certainly is not going to use 10:1 pistons or higher.

  12. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    No, but you can't say that on any engine a 101mm at a given boost is going to make more power than a 57mm at the same boost. That's not true on a small engine where the 101mm is not efficient.

    It would be true on a large motor where the 101 is more efficient. Pressure is pressure is pressure... 10psig with a given IAT will make the same amount of power in a given combustion chamber regardless of the device that added the 10 psi. What matters is how much power it takes to drive that device. (power converted into boost)/(power into the device) = efficiency

  13. #113
    Broke Ass fwellingtonfiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    100

    Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

    Bigger Turbo=Bigger power, its just made at a higher RPM, thats what he means by the trim size of the turbo. On a bigger motor like a 383, you'd expect a bigger turbo because it puts out a lot of low end as it is. Although some people perfer twin smaller turbos, it all depends on preference and what you intend to do with the car.
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

  14. #114
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I was just comparing turbo size to what kidna power his friends prelude would make jsut using those two sizes in genral, like when i went from a 57 to a 76 on my supra, believe me they was a power gain lol. And i went from 14psi on a 57 to 22psi on a 76 and I got more power then if i were to go from 14psi to 22psi on the 57trim.

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Cool, that makes plenty o' sense

  16. #116
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    Yead he replaced the whole bottom end with forged components and I would assume he is smart enough to lower the compression but I haven't asked how low.

  17. #117
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    Oh and the LT1s were built pretty good, to have them build a crate motor identical to those engines they charge +/- $10,000. Who is gonna run 22psi on a stock LT1?

  18. #118
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I was just asking because i wanted to know how much they charge for the motor with forged internals and heads and whatnot. All i was getting at with the h22 question is they only reason they make more power then the otehr honda motors is because they are high comp so ir you take that away then it just becomes another honda v-tec crap factory. How come you never see the v-tec v6s get turbocharged they make 240hp and some of the acura v6s make 270 now those are the motors that honda boys need to be turboing.

  19. #119
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    A lot of times I've seen vtec engines get turbocharged they retard the vtec completely or eliminate it on the exhaust side. Oh and do you not recall the 1998 NSX turbo that wussed out on a race with NeeD4SpeeD? Anyway, he probably went for the H22 because of the larger displacement and good reputation for durability, because as you said if you have 10+:1 compression and 22+ psi of boost you have to run like 114 octane fuel; certainly not a good street combo!

  20. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Unless you're running E85.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. eagle talon rims
    By gillahoon in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
  2. Eagle Talon FTL
    By suede in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Eagle Talon Vs. Trans Am!
    By PushroD in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 02:46 AM
  4. Killed an AWD turbo Eagle Talon
    By Firebirdjones in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
  5. eagle talon-- how fast are they
    By LS1WS6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 05:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •