Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 129

Eagle talon killing everybody at the track

This is a discussion on Eagle talon killing everybody at the track within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch as of right now, a chevy impala, ford taurus, and toyota camry are all of the ...

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    as of right now, a chevy impala, ford taurus, and toyota camry are all of the same basic quality. i dont care what anyone says, i care what i see.

    maybe a few years ago qualities were different but the domestic market realize they had lost millions by assuming that americans would still pay the same price for lesser quality simply because these cars were "american". the rapid profit loss has humbled ford and gm to say the least and has caused them to really step up their game all across the board.
    Thats basically exactly what I just said. I said Toyota and Honda's quality surpassed GM and Ford's in this last decade. Now, seeing the mistake, GM and Ford improved build quality and overall reliability to get back the sales they lose to the imports. As bad as it has been for GM and Ford, it is better for us as a consumer now, because we are getting better vehicles from both GM and Ford, not just in quality but in overall coolness. GM is starting to make cool stuff again. I personally am anxious to see the new Camaro in person. Under $30k and 400hp... thats the kind of shit GM should be making.

    For reference, here is what I said before
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    "Good news is they are improving a this is why GM now offers 100k mile warranties, because they are trying to prove to people their quality is good again, and it is. The newer GM and Ford vehicles have improved build quality and reliable and its starting to show - hopefully it will help them in the coming years to get back on track."

  2. #42
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Or how about a car you can get for 11k with like 40k miles on it with 350hp lol slightly used of course

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Or how about a car you can get for 11k with like 40k miles on it with 350hp lol slightly used of course
    No used car looks like the new Camaro

  4. #44
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I personally think the 98-02 T/A is far more beast looking than any camaro, I actually like the look of my car more then corvette as well.

  5. #45
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I personally think the 98-02 T/A is far more beast looking than any camaro, I actually like the look of my car more then corvette as well.
    same here

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I personally think the 98-02 T/A is far more beast looking than any camaro, I actually like the look of my car more then corvette as well.
    Well I think the opposite. I think the 98-02 Camaro's are much better looking. I dont like regular C5 vette look but I absolutely love the C5 Z06. Weird I know. Its hard to beat the looks of this:


  7. #47
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Lol wow you think the camaros are better, wow, the ws6 has one of the best looks ever, i do like the camaros however, i see too many camaros, and Evos lol
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 08-14-2007 at 01:16 PM.

  8. #48
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Well I think the opposite. I think the 98-02 Camaro's are much better looking. I dont like regular C5 vette look but I absolutely love the C5 Z06. Weird I know. Its hard to beat the looks of this:

    Click for full size
    i would hafta paint the back duct thats black.. i dont lke that... but c6 vettes i like best

  9. #49
    I like the C5 Z06 better than the C6s. But of course, the C6 Z06 takes everything down hehe

  10. #50
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I like the C5 Z06 better than the C6s. But of course, the C6 Z06 takes everything down hehe
    oh yeah.. i heard rumors of the 09 stingray edition packing an awd option... that would blow everything outta the water if it was true.. .but the price tags wayyyyyyyyyy high

  11. #51
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Well they have a prototype done and its rear wheel and thats 110k so if it had AWD they would want like 130-140 lol.

  12. #52
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    as of right now, a chevy impala, ford taurus, and toyota camry are all of the same basic quality. i dont care what anyone says, i care what i see.

    maybe a few years ago qualities were different but the domestic market realize they had lost millions by assuming that americans would still pay the same price for lesser quality simply because these cars were "american". the rapid profit loss has humbled ford and gm to say the least and has caused them to really step up their game all across the board.
    This is true. They even had a segment on 20/20 or was it 60 minutes about how the US car companies have been improved intensely, but because of the past, they still carry a heavy, shitty rep.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    158

    Blue
    99 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Not just any DSM, any car. I am sure many guys here have broke a thing or two on thier cars as well when they are trapping 144mph.
    I agree.

  14. #54
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    Thats not a very good reason not to buy an import to be honest. Just about all the import cars like Toyota, Honda, Nissan are assembled in factories here in the U.S. which employs American citizens. Ironically, there are many GM plants in Canada and Mexico

    You should buy a car because it has the features, peformance and looks you want.

    Close, but no cigar. I'll back up my viewpoint with cold, hard facts. Toyota, the world's largest non-American automaker, only employs approximately 10% of the number of U.S. citizens that GM does. I'm sorry, but I think I'd rather give my money to the millions of Americans working in the GM chain than give it to the thousands working in the foreign automakers' factories, offices, and suppliers shops.

  15. #55
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    None of this is meant to offend you EE or rag on you for buying an import; I just want to explain my position. I was laid off from a GM supplier for lack of work and when you feel the effect of our purchasing choices firsthand it tends to have an impact on your decisions.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    None of this is meant to offend you EE or rag on you for buying an import; I just want to explain my position. I was laid off from a GM supplier for lack of work and when you feel the effect of our purchasing choices firsthand it tends to have an impact on your decisions.
    I know there are WAY more GM workers in America than Toyota, I NEVER stated there wasnt. I merely said there are a lot of Americans employed by Toyota, my brother being one of them (mechanic). It just goes to the whole point of "buying American." I buy what I want, just like everyone else should. If an American car offered me what the EVO did, maybe I would have gotten that, but there was no American option and I wasnt going to settle for something I did not want. That's why I have an EVO. I sure as hell dont go out car shopping saying I will only look at imports because they're imports. I buy what I think is best for my needs/wants.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Close, but no cigar. I'll back up my viewpoint with cold, hard facts. Toyota, the world's largest non-American automaker, only employs approximately 10% of the number of U.S. citizens that GM does. I'm sorry, but I think I'd rather give my money to the millions of Americans working in the GM chain than give it to the thousands working in the foreign automakers' factories, offices, and suppliers shops.

    This is what I said:
    Thats not a very good reason not to buy an import to be honest. Just about all the import cars like Toyota, Honda, Nissan are assembled in factories here in the U.S. which employs American citizens. Ironically, there are many GM plants in Canada and Mexico

    Close but no cigar? Everything I said is factual. You just went off saying Toyota ONLY employs 10% yada yada. Thats a different issue. No where in my statement did I say that Toyota employs a certain amount of workers or even more than any domestic company.

    Close but no cigar for you

  18. #58
    TENACIOUS BASTARD nevrlift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    orange*county, ca.
    Age
    45
    Posts
    744

    Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    awd + massive turbo + $$$ + a little knowhow = rocketship.
    dsm's can be made quick by the right people. I got a buddy who insists on running 20 lbs of boost on his untuned talon, and gets fuel cutoff at 3 grand, but hey, who wants to spend 300 dollars for a tune so your car will work right, right?



    werdddddd.....they can be pretty deadly when built right

  19. #59
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Anything can be built right, its just some cars are built right from factory. I dont understand taking 1 side in the import VS domestic disputes, i like some imports and i love american muscle but I do give the import kids there props. If your car is fast and built right i dont care what it is lets race or take it for a ride and have some fun. I like both imports and domestics so much I have a T/A and a Supra im trying to build both. I dont care what country its from as long as it can put my head back when I slam that gas.

  20. #60
    LETS RACE! EVO 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    oceanside CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    229

    Silver
    03 Cobra

    someone linked me to a site a couple months back about the the big three and all thier finacial troubles. it mentioned in the article that Toyota is actually the worlds largest automaker and outsells American automakers in every global market. it also mentioned that Toyota has enough liquid assets to purchase GM, Ford and Chrystler. not that i give two shits because nothing Toyota has made since the supra has really given me a chub.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. eagle talon rims
    By gillahoon in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
  2. Eagle Talon FTL
    By suede in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Eagle Talon Vs. Trans Am!
    By PushroD in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 02:46 AM
  4. Killed an AWD turbo Eagle Talon
    By Firebirdjones in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
  5. eagle talon-- how fast are they
    By LS1WS6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 05:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •