Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 129

Eagle talon killing everybody at the track

This is a discussion on Eagle talon killing everybody at the track within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz uh oh!!! no u didnt on a gm forum...LOL...all the texans are gonna jump yo ass ...

  1. #21
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    uh oh!!! no u didnt on a gm forum...LOL...all the texans are gonna jump yo ass now!!!!!
    nah cuz he has a point... i buy a nice car if its a nice car... if i wanted just speed id go for some of thoseimport lil shits ... been there done that.. sound of a turbo is satisfying andi miss it a lil... but the sound of a cammed out v8 is evenbetter... combine the two andid be one happy mofo not to mention my vin still starts with a 1 so thats obviously all that matters... muahaha

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    uh oh!!! no u didnt on a gm forum...LOL...all the texans are gonna jump yo ass now!!!!!

    I did and its the truth. If all the Honda and Toyotas were assembled in Japan, I could see an argument, but not here. The more cars Toyota sells, the more dealers will open, which need mechanics, sales people, managers, parts, etc. Same for GM.

  3. #23
    HI RLLR 93 Trans Paz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trans Nation
    Posts
    128

    Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Imagine if they dumped that money into an F-body...
    Has to be one of the most biased comments I have ever read on this site. It is actually hilarious. Anytime someone posts about a import being faster than a domestic, someone always says, imagine if you put the same amount of parts into the domestic, it would be faster. You don't know that until you actually try it. I don't know one person that has taken their RWD camaro and turned it into AWD, then straped on twin turbo, and raced it.

  4. #24
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    You should buy a car because it has the features, peformance and looks you want.
    I disagree - he should buy a car for whatever reason he wants to buy a car for. Doesn't matter if it is because of where it was (or was not) built, what nameplate is stuck on it, how fast it is, what it looks like, what features it has, etc.

    His money, his priorities, his wants/needs/biases, and his choice.

    Bob

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I disagree - he should buy a car for whatever reason he wants to buy a car for. Doesn't matter if it is because of where it was (or was not) built, what nameplate is stuck on it, how fast it is, what it looks like, what features it has, etc.

    His money, his priorities, his wants/needs/biases, and his choice.

    Bob
    Thats true. I guess something like that just doesnt make sense sometimes. When I buy a house, a car, food, or even a toy, I look at just about everything except where it's made unless that has a direct impact on its quality. But hey, you are right, his money, his choice.

  6. #26
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Trans Paz View Post
    Has to be one of the most biased comments I have ever read on this site. It is actually hilarious. Anytime someone posts about a import being faster than a domestic, someone always says, imagine if you put the same amount of parts into the domestic, it would be faster. You don't know that until you actually try it. I don't know one person that has taken their RWD camaro and turned it into AWD, then straped on twin turbo, and raced it.
    Mod for mod the V8 with always win. Unless the 4 banger import had a lot more mods then a V8 f-body it would win.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Mod for mod the V8 with always win. Unless the 4 banger import had a lot more mods then a V8 f-body it would win.
    Eh, depending on the import, doesnt have to have "A LOT" more mods, especially if you include 6-banger imports.

  8. #28
    Verry Nice! 1LE4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Age
    32
    Posts
    46

    Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

    There's a guy at a local track running 150+ mph trap speeds in a talon. That thing scoots, but he did break something the last time a saw him run. It was a while ago. But any car running 150+ is inevitably going to have problems.
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

    1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

  9. #29
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    My friend has a 1990 Talon and o man, it's gonna be fast once it's tuned. AWD & big turbo. Of course, the axles they make aren't the great and even a race trans made for them isn't all that wonderful.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    My friend has a 1990 Talon and o man, it's gonna be fast once it's tuned. AWD & big turbo. Of course, the axles they make aren't the great and even a race trans made for them isn't all that wonderful.
    The axles are fine and do not break from power unless its A LOT of power. My brother has over 200,000 on the stock axles with most of the power over 400whp. The transmissions are junk stock and need to be built to handle real power.

  11. #31
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Ok then i liek imports, hell my supra is faster than my T/A and I was dead even with my T/A after i had spent eh around 5k, i got the car for 3k, so i spent 7,000 on my 87 supra and ran dead even with my own T/A, i now have about what i spent on my T/A into the car, and run constant 11s. Spent 12k all together on a built 5 speed, cams, turbo, motor and suspension, rear gears. And some other things. However i love the T/A and enjoy driving it far more than the supra.

  12. #32
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    The axles are fine and do not break from power unless its A LOT of power. My brother has over 200,000 on the stock axles with most of the power over 400whp. The transmissions are junk stock and need to be built to handle real power.
    Tom, this car is putting down more man. They make what, a 6bolt aftermarket? He's already got the beefed up racing trans, but I heard even they don't hold up real well. Well, we'll see what happens, ya know?

  13. #33
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    So they took a car that had AWD gutted it out, slap a fart can muffler in it, remove the A/C make it as light as possible and drop some money into the motor huh
    an awd first gen talon weighs a few hundred more pounds than an f body. there are alot of things, light not being one of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Mod for mod the V8 with always win. Unless the 4 banger import had a lot more mods then a V8 f-body it would win.
    dude who cares. that isnt what the thread was about....

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Thats not a very good reason not to buy an import to be honest. Just about all the import cars like Toyota, Honda, Nissan are assembled in factories here in the U.S. which employs American citizens. Ironically, there are many GM plants in Canada and Mexico

    You should buy a car because it has the features, peformance and looks you want.
    i partially agree but the foreign auto industry in america doesnt (or hasnt thus far) taken hardly any care of their employees (not that ford or gm are much better) and in addtion are still a foreign entity. they will never be unilaterally accepted, sad but true.

    i dont buy for a second that any of the most common automobiles by the larger auto makers are of any greater or poorer quality (in general) than their competitons. ive seen just as many good american cars as i have shitty imports and vice versa.

    just my .02

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Tom, this car is putting down more man. They make what, a 6bolt aftermarket? He's already got the beefed up racing trans, but I heard even they don't hold up real well. Well, we'll see what happens, ya know?

    I bet it is. The point I was making was its going to have to put down A LOT more than 400whp and be launching on slicks to break the axles.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    an awd first gen talon weighs a few hundred more pounds than an f body. there are alot of things, light not being one of them.
    1G AWD Dsm's weight around 3250lbs. They are lighter than an Fbody.




    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post

    i partially agree but the foreign auto industry in america doesnt (or hasnt thus far) taken hardly any care of their employees (not that ford or gm are much better) and in addtion are still a foreign entity. they will never be unilaterally accepted, sad but true.
    Do you have any information to back that up? My brother worked at Ford for 5 years and now works at Toyota. He is a mechanic. He has the same exact benefits, nothing more, nothing less. Health, dental, 401k, etc. Are you referring to some sort of other treatment?

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post

    i dont buy for a second that any of the most common automobiles by the larger auto makers are of any greater or poorer quality (in general) than their competitons. ive seen just as many good american cars as i have shitty imports and vice versa.

    just my .02
    This is not up for debate really. Its been proven time and time again that domestic car's quality had gone down. That is why GM and Ford are losing money, market share and customers. Good news is they are improving a this is why GM now offers 100k mile warranties, because they are trying to prove to people their quality is good again, and it is. The newer GM and Ford vehicles have improved build quality and reliable and its starting to show - hopefully it will help them in the coming years to get back on track.

  16. #36
    Member jperkins812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    40
    Posts
    333
    V8's be built cheaper than a 4 cylinder pretty much anytime you look at it, but the technology used to attain the same horsepower is is far superior in 4 cylinders. I only say this because how else would you explain the fact of making a 4cyl. run as fast as it does. You can make a reliable DSM, but most people either do not have the money or just cut corners and fix it when it breaks. A good example of one is Evil Eagle, his last engine had 850 passes on it with 78K before he took it out to build another motor. This car runs 9.50's @153 in the quarter, and this car is daily driven. Any car is only as good as you build it and that is a fact. You can call me a ricer if you please, because it does not bother me. I respect any car that is built and can put down numbers to prove it. Personally if you want to fast for the cheapest amount of money spent, then go out and buy a motorcycle.

  17. #37
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Thats not a very good reason not to buy an import to be honest. Just about all the import cars like Toyota, Honda, Nissan are assembled in factories here in the U.S. which employs American citizens. Ironically, there are many GM plants in Canada and Mexico

    You should buy a car because it has the features, peformance and looks you want.
    GM, Ford, and DCX still employ more Americans than all the Japanese import companies put together. Its not even a comparison, I hate when people open this can of worms

    When you buy a Japanese car, the profits from selling that car go back to Japan. That supports the Japanese economy, and its people as well.

    When you buy a Domestic vehicle, it supports the US economy. You know, the country that we live in. Not some foreign country and foreign people. That in turn ultimately supports us. Keep the money in your own country, why give it away to foreigners??

    We have free trade of course, so people can buy what they like, all I'm saying is take into consideration where your money is going before you make a decision. Its ignorant and stupid to buy a car "just because its Japanese" or "just because its an import".
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    GM, Ford, and DCX still employ more Americans than all the Japanese import companies put together. Its not even a comparison, I hate when people open this can of worms

    When you buy a Japanese car, the profits from selling that car go back to Japan. That supports the Japanese economy, and its people as well.

    When you buy a Domestic vehicle, it supports the US economy. You know, the country that we live in. Not some foreign country and foreign people. That in turn ultimately supports us. Keep the money in your own country, why give it away to foreigners??

    We have free trade of course, so people can buy what they like, all I'm saying is take into consideration where your money is going before you make a decision. Its ignorant and stupid to buy a car "just because its Japanese" or "just because its an import".

    I never said any of the import companies employ more US workers. Of course, you take things out of context and make a rebuttle to a statement I never said.

    My point was that not ALL the profits are going straigth to Japan. There ARE assembly plants here, dealerships with sales people, and many mechanics. That was the only point made. It just doesnt sound sensible to me to buy a car because of where its made. I choose a vehicle based on what I want out of it. I would THINK most people would do the same.

  19. #39
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    The main reason that domestic quality has improved so much, and continues to improve so much, is because of foreign competition, primarily the Japanese. In general, I think that's a good thing. The only 'unfair' I see is that it is much harder for a U.S. company to take up shop over their than it has been for Toyota, Honda, Nissan, et al to take up shop over here.

    I think Scratch was probably referring to factory/assembly-line workers, not folks that work at dealerships. And he was likely referencing union vs non-union. Personally, I'll stick with the non-union every time. I think the non-union Auto Workers are doing pretty well.

    Bob

  20. #40
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    1G AWD Dsm's weight around 3250lbs. They are lighter than an Fbody.


    i guess i misread my owners manual...you are right. gd that is insane!



    Do you have any information to back that up? My brother worked at Ford for 5 years and now works at Toyota. He is a mechanic. He has the same exact benefits, nothing more, nothing less. Health, dental, 401k, etc. Are you referring to some sort of other treatment?

    i will get the info im referring to.

    This is not up for debate really. Its been proven time and time again that domestic car's quality had gone down. That is why GM and Ford are losing money, market share and customers. Good news is they are improving a this is why GM now offers 100k mile warranties, because they are trying to prove to people their quality is good again, and it is. The newer GM and Ford vehicles have improved build quality and reliable and its starting to show - hopefully it will help them in the coming years to get back on track.
    as of right now, a chevy impala, ford taurus, and toyota camry are all of the same basic quality. i dont care what anyone says, i care what i see.

    maybe a few years ago qualities were different but the domestic market realize they had lost millions by assuming that americans would still pay the same price for lesser quality simply because these cars were "american". the rapid profit loss has humbled ford and gm to say the least and has caused them to really step up their game all across the board.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. eagle talon rims
    By gillahoon in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
  2. Eagle Talon FTL
    By suede in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Eagle Talon Vs. Trans Am!
    By PushroD in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 02:46 AM
  4. Killed an AWD turbo Eagle Talon
    By Firebirdjones in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
  5. eagle talon-- how fast are they
    By LS1WS6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 05:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •