White
    01 Camaro 6speed

E92 M3 vs 01 Z28

Well, i think im gonna lose pretty bad they usually pull 350+ RWHP and i think weigh about 3650 lbs. I know someone that has just bought one, where not friends but he says he doesnt wanna bother with me and its an easy win for him. That is most likely the case but i wouldnt mind racing him either way just to see how many cars he can pull from 50-130mph. Hopefully he will agree but even if i dont race him and end up racing another, which ive seen plenty in my area i should find out soon enough.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

I think you have him with your mods

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well, i think im gonna lose pretty bad they usually pull 350+ RWHP and i think weigh about 3650 lbs. I know someone that has just bought one, where not friends but he says he doesnt wanna bother with me and its an easy win for him. That is most likely the case but i wouldnt mind racing him either way just to see how many cars he can pull from 50-130mph. Hopefully he will agree but even if i dont race him and end up racing another, which ive seen plenty in my area i should find out soon enough.
    You may win. It should be pretty close

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

M3's have excellent gearing, i dont know i think in 4th and 5th gears im gonna get pulled hard. The pull very well above 100mph and do really well, top speed.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

M3's have excellent gearing, i dont know i think in 4th and 5th gears im gonna get pulled hard. The pull very well above 100mph and do really well, top speed.
    i ssay drivers race, if he drives like he talks with his mouth, you FTW. i hate cocky people that think their shit dont stink.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

sad to say this isnt the 1st time running into an M owner that thinks like this guy. I use to have a M3 and actually i didnt think it was fast at all, everytime i would race against someone i would never under estimate them in anyway and always thought there was a good chance that i can lose if he is not honest about what he has on his car or is just a better driver. I think on this M3 though i have my work cut out for me its fairly quick having the chance to sit in one as a passenger. I think if i had LT's, ORY and a re tune i should be able to pull. Either way i hope my friend can convince him to do a couple of runs. Like i said either way there are plenty of them now were its very likely i will run into one.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

From a dig I would say you have him close, from a roll your done for.

Satin Silver / RED
    02 Acura RSX/93 Transam

Line up with him yet?

The new M3s are tough cars to beat if you have a basic setup. As some have stated, they are geared very well and the new V8 powerplant pulls exceptionally hard up top. For reference the average E92 M3 gets about a mid 12 second 1/4 mile and traps between 113-117mph, bone stock. However, better times can be had with exceptional drivers.

If you are going to run him from a dig, be sure to get the hole shot, then hold him off as long as you can until he passes you, which he eventually will do, since you're mainly just bolt ons. I wouldn't be surprised if you lose this one, since your sitting on a bolt ons LS1, but best of luck.... anything can happen.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The gearing im sure is excellent and ive had a ton of experience with M cars they do very well top end. Fastest ive seen them run is 112mph could be better drivers out there that would be able to run faster. I think if i had LT's, ORY and re tune it should put me about 355-365 RWHP and that will be just about the same if not a bit better then the new M3. I also weigh lighter but i think even then above 120 mph he will start to pull regardless.

The gearing im sure is excellent and ive had a ton of experience with M cars they do very well top end. Fastest ive seen them run is 112mph could be better drivers out there that would be able to run faster. I think if i had LT's, ORY and re tune it should put me about 355-365 RWHP and that will be just about the same if not a bit better then the new M3. I also weigh lighter but i think even then above 120 mph he will start to pull regardless.
    Car & Driver did a 12.7@114mph. There are many people doing better. Race and find out, should be close.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Your 4:10s should definately give you the advantage down low, but like stated on the top end he will overtake you.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya no doubt, just dont have enough power to do much about it yet. LT's, ory and re tune and then it will be a different story. Either way if and when it happens ill let you guys know how bad i got pulled, lol.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Ya no doubt, just dont have enough power to do much about it yet. LT's, ory and re tune and then it will be a different story. Either way if and when it happens ill let you guys know how bad i got pulled, lol.
    Even with those mods it will be close, a full bolt on f-body driven properly is a 110-113mph trap speed car, many new m3s are trapping higher than that still. My best trap is just shy of 111mph, 110.7 i believe and my uncles new m3 on the freeway(which we did on the way to my grandparents place a couple weeks ago) had me by 2 maybe 3 cars at 120mph and if i know my uncle he wasnt slamming gears like i was lol. I dont have 4.10s though, stock 3.42s. Mods are long tubes, slp intake, catback, street tune. Ran a 12.7 at 110.7mph before tune, so i would think at the least i would trap 111mph since i trapped 109 twice and 110 twice in a m6.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-14-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by drummer52910 View Post
    Your 4:10s should definately give you the advantage down low, but like stated on the top end he will overtake you.
    shoot my car pulls alot harder in 3rd 4th and 5th than it did with the 342s.

silver
    2002 ws6

M3's are funny

Thread Information