Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

dumbasses at work...

I wait tables at an italian restaraunt. My friend was telling me his SRT-10 pickup would lay waste to my firebird and that the manager's SRT-6 crossfire wasted him, that he would beat me even worse. Manager doesn't want to run but I have hit a best of 13.2 in my car when it was untuned and before a few of the free mods I did. Crossfires are supposed to run 13.5's and, this far from sea level, I figure he'd be doing great to run a 13.8. The SRT-10 is supposed to run 13.8, so he's probably in the 14's at 1000 ft or so.

I think i got them both covered but I'm not sure about the lighting pickup with 550 rwhp that he was telling me about, I think he supposedly owns that as well but maybe my bolton ls1 could take it? it sounded to me like it would be a heavy pig and he probably even exaggerated the numbers it made because all he said he had was pully, tune and intake.

I don't want to run these guys for money because I have traction issues from hell now that my Eagle F1's are getting old (10k miles lol) but are my estimates about right here? I might have to setup a run from a roll and I'm pretty sure I would badly mangle any of the above except the lighting and on a highway roll, i might even beat that.

My mods include the free mods, lid, exhaust cutout and a MAFless SD tune I wrote myself that has been checked out by the pros, my car runs well but is old with 165k miles now and it has overdrive issues on the highway. The fastest car I've beaten was a Mach 1 with gears, tune, intake and exhaust and m5.

silver
    2002 ws6

just race them that'll tell ya who's faster

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    just race them that'll tell ya who's faster
    Agreed. Let me know when and where you're going to race. I would like to watch.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

You can't win them all. Just race and have fun. Win or lose.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    You can't win them all. Just race and have fun. Win or lose.
    x2....

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

hey mike, do you know any good places to run 'em around here? the restaurant is the macaroni grill on i35 just north of 45, very south end of williamson county and round rock. i don't know any cop/danger free places around here yet

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    hey mike, do you know any good places to run 'em around here? the restaurant is the macaroni grill on i35 just north of 45, very south end of williamson county and round rock. i don't know any cop/danger free places around here yet
    Eww, North is not a good place for runs. Especially not in williamson county. A lot of people have told me williamson county cops are real a#%holes.

I live way south and will run into some on southbound mopac every once in awhile. Sometimes around the Y in oakhill.

Do you know about the "Car Shows" every saturday night?

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

nope, never heard of 'em. might have to start going though, i need to make some car buddy friends and find someone who can point me to a good, cheap transmission guy lol.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

I wait tables at an italian restaraunt. My friend was telling me his SRT-10 pickup would lay waste to my firebird and that the manager's SRT-6 crossfire wasted him, that he would beat me even worse. Manager doesn't want to run but I have hit a best of 13.2 in my car when it was untuned and before a few of the free mods I did. Crossfires are supposed to run 13.5's and, this far from sea level, I figure he'd be doing great to run a 13.8. The SRT-10 is supposed to run 13.8, so he's probably in the 14's at 1000 ft or so.

I think i got them both covered but I'm not sure about the lighting pickup with 550 rwhp that he was telling me about, I think he supposedly owns that as well but maybe my bolton ls1 could take it? it sounded to me like it would be a heavy pig and he probably even exaggerated the numbers it made because all he said he had was pully, tune and intake.

I don't want to run these guys for money because I have traction issues from hell now that my Eagle F1's are getting old (10k miles lol) but are my estimates about right here? I might have to setup a run from a roll and I'm pretty sure I would badly mangle any of the above except the lighting and on a highway roll, i might even beat that.

My mods include the free mods, lid, exhaust cutout and a MAFless SD tune I wrote myself that has been checked out by the pros, my car runs well but is old with 165k miles now and it has overdrive issues on the highway. The fastest car I've beaten was a Mach 1 with gears, tune, intake and exhaust and m5.
    nice to see another f-body thats just now gettin "broken in".
    mine just turned 175xxx a week ago and still runs like a bat outta hell.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Rolled over another triple digit tonight..

Beat the piss outta it!

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Rolled over another triple digit tonight..

Beat the piss outta it!
    these(ls1's) last forever!

knock on wood

dont want to jinx us.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

If you can( I know it's far) get on 190 West through Killeen. There is also a drag strip in temple. After Belton I have never seen any cops on 190 aside from the occasional state trooper. I was stationed at fort hood for years and I used to run people all the time on 190. Anywhere in Williamson County or Travis county you are asking for trouble though... I know from experience
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 10-06-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I think you'll be fine against he crossfire and the SRT10. Who knows about the lightning. One thing's for sure, if 550 rwhp is accurate, you don't stand an ice cube's chance in hell.

Chris

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    I think you'll be fine against he crossfire and the SRT10. Who knows about the lightning. One thing's for sure, if 550 rwhp is accurate, you don't stand an ice cube's chance in hell.

Chris
    Well you also have to consider that it's a lightning with 550 rwhp. Sure that's a lot, but there's not a ton of weight back there. I'm sure he won't stick immediately at WOT. All depends on a lot of factors, of course. I'd like to see that race for sure though.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

problem is, i don't have traction either. my aging goodyear f1's were fine for the first 10k miles but now they spin just shifting into second at normal throttle if i'm turning a little bit... i think i need to wait on the races 1 until i get my tranny fixed and can drive to the drag strip and 2 until i can get some DRs and a set of all weather 255's for normal driving.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Don't be scared. I have seen a few SRT10s at the 1/4 running just what you predict: 14.0 at 100 MPH or so. You should be near a 12.999 now. Even if you don't hook up right away, our cars less weight will shine, I bet you are trapping nearly 108. Those trucks are too heavy, and remember they are like a brick going thru the air, especially over 70 MPH! You would smoke him, do it at the track and shut him up.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    these(ls1's) last forever!

knock on wood

dont want to jinx us.
    they really do. especially considering how hard we flog em lol

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

guy brought in an n20 scion today, the guy with the lightning and the srt10, and started talking about smoking me so we went out after work and dear god, did i shut him up. went from a 20 roll, i pulled on him AS I GOT SIDEWAYS and after that it was a joke. then we went from a 40 roll and i let him have a headstart but man, as soon as i punched it i was showing him tailllights. he got behind me and turned off and i haven't seen his shit-talking self since ROFLROFL

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

guy brought in an n20 scion today, the guy with the lightning and the srt10, and started talking about smoking me so we went out after work and dear god, did i shut him up. went from a 20 roll, i pulled on him AS I GOT SIDEWAYS and after that it was a joke. then we went from a 40 roll and i let him have a headstart but man, as soon as i punched it i was showing him tailllights. he got behind me and turned off and i haven't seen his shit-talking self since ROFLROFL
    Nice!!!

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

(SRT10)BUT I HAVE THE VIPER TRUCK HOW CAN THIS BE

Thread Information