Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb BMW

black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

Talking Dumb BMW

So I was driving around yesterday and one of my buddies pulls up in a 95 m3 that he just recently bought. I didn't know he was actually trying to do anything thing until he started reving his engine, at that point i cracked a smile. Just another chance to show someone that camaros are the best of em all! and the result was him turning off on an exit after i lost him in my rear view mirror.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Was your buddy high on smack? Maybe he just wanted to see what a fast car looked like while moving.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL, that is a good way of telling your friend not to get too happy with his M. Against a LT1 Z28 A4 they dont do too bad because i raced a few with my passed LT1's but against a LS1, forget it.

black
    2001 Z28 Camaro

eh he just thinks it is amazing. About 2 hours later he called me and said that he needs a new car. hahaha.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 2001blackz28 View Post
    eh he just thinks it is amazing. About 2 hours later he called me and said that he needs a new car. hahaha.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Def a

Quote Originally Posted by 2001blackz28 View Post
    Maybe he needs to learn what that steering wheel is for, and he might appreciate why an M3 is better than a Camaro.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Maybe he needs to learn what that steering wheel is for, and he might appreciate why an M3 is better than a Camaro.
    Hahaha, they are nice as hell for twisties. A guy on the legacy forum has a 95m3 with a built ls2 in it. Best of both worlds

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    an M3 is better at one thing for sure, losing

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Hahaha, they are nice as hell for twisties. A guy on the legacy forum has a 95m3 with a built ls2 in it. Best of both worlds
    That's one of the reasons I put an LS1 into a 240SX. I had a Camaro Z28 and hated it. So I mated a car I liked with the engine I liked. Best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    an M3 is better at one thing for sure, losing
    At what? Acceleration?

Handling = M3
    Steering Feedback = M3
    Braking = M3
    Balance = M3
    Response = M3
    Chassis = M3

Acceleration = Camaro

With an M3, all he has to do is work on the powerplant to make it a decent all around car. You have a lot of work to do to make a decent all around car with a Camaro.

Not really dissing the Camaro at all, I owned a Z28 for almost 2 years, and decided that that car was not for me. It just looked good and had a sweet powerplant.

However, if you are only interested in straight-line acceleration, then the Camaro is the right car. There is so much aftermarket support to make it get down the track better than most other cars.

To each their own, I'll take the M3 please.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ive had a 01 E46 M3 6speed and couldnt wait to get rid of it. I pulled 310 RWHP and 249 RWTQ so had most of the bolt ons. The car is no were near reliable, power is peaky, it would surge when your normally driving and always have to be WOT to feel the power once the rpms get up high. There are several other things i didnt like about it, but it did handle and brake really well i give it that but coming from a person who has driven both cars i went back to a LS1 and never looked back, i know the E36 will handle a little better then the E46. There are soo many aftermarket suspension parts you can put on our cars and soo many knowledgable people on here who can guide you the right way for the best suspension set up that you shouldnt have any issues having a car that can handle just as good if not better then a M3. Its all preference and there are die hard fans of M3's and Camaro's, as long as you love sports cars and the hobby thats all that counts.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ive had a 01 E46 M3 6speed and couldnt wait to get rid of it. I pulled 310 RWHP and 249 RWTQ so had most of the bolt ons. The car is no were near reliable, power is peaky, it would surge when your normally driving and always have to be WOT to feel the power once the rpms get up high. There are several other things i didnt like about it, but it did handle and brake really well i give it that but coming from a person who has driven both cars i went back to a LS1 and never looked back, i know the E36 will handle a little better then the E46. There are soo many aftermarket suspension parts you can put on our cars and soo many knowledgable people on here who can guide you the right way for the best suspension set up that you shouldnt have any issues having a car that can handle just as good if not better then a M3. Its all preference and there are die hard fans of M3's and Camaro's, as long as you love sports cars and the hobby thats all that counts.
    +1 my mom had a beemer and it was QUICK and the creature comforts were awesome.. i drove it quite a bit before i had my ls1. respect to all die hard bmw guys but theres NO WAY i would rather have a bmw than my car

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I think me and you got bit by the LS1 bug, lol. There is no doubt the E46 M3 is a great car but after driving it, it didnt fit with my driving style. I like low revs, lots of torque, just tap it here and there and on the on ramps go all out. The M3 was you floor it and wait and wait and wait for it to get above 7k after that till 8100rpms it did just fine and hold its own. After driving other cars you start to really appreciate how well the LS1 motor is, its not the best but does its job for the money and then some.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

I think me and you got bit by the LS1 bug, lol. There is no doubt the E46 M3 is a great car but after driving it, it didnt fit with my driving style. I like low revs, lots of torque, just tap it here and there and on the on ramps go all out. The M3 was you floor it and wait and wait and wait for it to get above 7k after that till 8100rpms it did just fine and hold its own. After driving other cars you start to really appreciate how well the LS1 motor is, its not the best but does its job for the money and then some.
    +1 i love my car

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

with the amount of power your pulling and the looks, i love your car too, lol.

Like I said, the LS1 and the body style are the highlights of the F-body. For some, this is more than enough..... for others, we need the total package.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Not to rain on your parade, but there are just as many aftermarket suspension parts for the m3, thus making it handle even better. Listen a m3 with race suspension will always handle better than a f-body with any suspension. The M3 is a better twisty platform and the f-body is a better straightline platform.

To the op good win

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but there are just as many aftermarket suspension parts for the m3, thus making it handle even better. Listen a m3 with race suspension will always handle better than a f-body with any suspension. The M3 is a better twisty platform and the f-body is a better straightline platform.

To the op good win
    +1, If you want a GM with that LSX that can handle.... get yourself a Vette.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im talking reality, ive known many M3 owners E36 and E46 and i can tell you that most only have springs and strut bars(if it didnt come from the factory) on there rides. The reason why this is, one they handle great from the factory so most people are very satisfied with the cars handling, two when someone wants to modify the handling of these cars they are highly recommended to go coilover set up and that is very expensive and they decide to just do a spring upgrade if there not planning on taking it to the track often, yes there will be some that will go and do shocks as well and so on. I know this because ive been on there forums for a few years and know how most of them think and how they modify there cars. They are very proud owners and most think the car is just fine with the way it is.

Your not raining on my parade your just talking to someone who knows both ends and is realistic in my opinions. It is true a equally modded M3 will more then likely out handle a equally modded camaro and there are M3's with Coilover set ups but no were near the amount of M3's are modded in suspension then there are Camaro's and that goes to show yes the camaro is not a good handling car from the factory but there are many that are modded, now wether or not they have the right suspension parts to make it handle at its best is really at the knowledge of the car owner and his preference.

Dont take my comments as me bashing on the M3 or coming even close to doing that, its really what you like to drive and what your proud to drive that comes into play alot. Driver mod is huge also in handling and ive seen many Camaro's do really well with M3's that are both equally modded just because the M3 owner owner is not the best driver. So there too many factors as to what makes one car handle better then another especially when both are modded and have 2 completely different drivers. If it was the case of always having equally skilled drivers with a stock camaro and stock M3 the M3 would always win, real world it just doesnt happen that way most of the time.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 04-14-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Thread Information