Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

double kill on some jerks in my domestic rice!

Ok guys this is the funniest ever! I was cruising in my daily driver slash auction car for sale (03 Sunfire 2.2 Ecotec 5spd) and some guys in a prelude pull up to the light saying that sunfire is a piece of sh+t and they were just running there mouth and took of peeling out as I just eased away from the light laughing at them. Then we got side by side second gear roll and punched it and I smoked him by two cars by the next light we roll up side by side and they are still running there mouth. Light goes green and he punches it peeling out and I take off and smoke him again bad in the little ecotec. It was priceless they are quite after that and then at sonic they are talking sh+t to one of my customers and I pull up and get out ready to whoop these guys and they just get in their prelude and leave. Guess the ecotec fairs pretty good against honda's and smoked a few eclipse also! Keep in mind ecotec is foundation for factory supercharged and turbo models like ion redline old cobalt ss and sky turbo. Also has world record setting quarter mile runs in gm drag car.
    It was funny they are just lucky I wasnt in my camaro they would have never ever pulled that crap.
    mods on car include:
    open element short ram filter
    hand ported throttle body
    100 pounds weight reduction
    lightweight enkei wheels with fuzion tires
    cat eliminated
    custom welded 2.5 inch exaust with two mufflers to stay quite
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 06-01-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

nice i bet it gets pretty good mpg

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

yes it gets really good like 35+! i havent rechecked exactly yet with new free mods but clearly increasing airflow through engine and reducing sprung and usprung mass may have freed up a few more mpg while smoking hondas at the same time! Dont get me wrong it's no replacement for the camaro but nice to drive around town for errands with some decent power. I was kinda staring at the mitsubishi heavy industries TD05h turbo sitting in my shop envisioning what it would do on there! But the car is going to be sold so I need to stay focused. I will have more ecotecs from auction and will be able to play more with it at my shop its a good sleeper.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Awesome, gotta love them Ludes!!!!! Fastest one I've ever seen ran 14.2 on 15lbs of boost...

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    The Ecotecs kick ass. I have an 05 Saturn Ion 5spd with the 2.2 ecotec, and Ive CRUSHED hondas in it. Bone stock, too. Them little engines haul some serious ass, and I could still pull 40+ mpg on the highway with it (hypermiling)

Yes they do I was pleasantly surprised with mine. It gets good mileage and is enough to keep most foreign rice at bay!
    What is hypermiling? You mean drafting?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Hypermiling is a technique used to squeeze every last mile you can out of a gallon of gas. It includes tricks like drafting, dropping it to neutral to coast down hills, not using brakes when taking exit ramps (so you keep momentum) and a few other techniques. Its not all legal, or safe, but with gas prices this high, who cares? Doing 140mph smoking a bongpack isnt safe or legal either, but people do it.

nice i use similar techniques but dont like being on the tail of rig drafting, its very dangerous and I like to use my vision ahead. I focused more on making car as light as possible and engine breath as easy as possible. Interesting to see techniques applied universaly though, the gas price gouging situation being perpetuated by oil companies and our government is going to continue to force us to seek out maximum mileage.
    They will have to pry my gas guzzling camaros out of my dead fingers before I put them up though!
    The fact is the hybrids are a joke that are overpriced, hard dangerous and expensive to be worked on, dont get very good mileage in comparison to gas and diesel counterparts, and batteries wear out around 100k and should just junk car at that point cause it is so expensive. Did you know that you can be killed working on one of those cars because of extreme electrical current. You have to wear shield and special gloves just to check maintenence and change oil to avoid deadly shock. They have to be towed to dealer for anything even if batteries just die. Furthermore the diesel cars in Europe get 50-60 mpg, dont smoke anymore, have turbo and haul ass, sell cheap, and run for hundreds of thousands of miles. Yet conveniently they are not available here in US, they even cancelled jetta tdi availability in us (see 50 mpg easy) They embarras hybrid easily, run longer for cheaper its a scam. They even raised price of diesel to more than gas. That doesnt even make sense cause diesel is less refined and has always been way cheaper than gas, its because of price gouging demand they know the whole transport business and everything is based of diesel so can control the whole market like that. Screw hybrids i'll stick with my n/a ecotec and will be seing 40 mpg soon hopefully with new mods. Gm has best hybrid by the way even though they all are a crock. Sh+t even my ls1 gets 30 mpg on freeway!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Totally agree with you man. Ever seen the area where they make the batteries for the Prius? Its a nickel-smelting facility in Canada, and the surrounding landscape now has the same density of life as THE MOON. Yeah, thats good for the environment. Not even bacteria can live in the soil over there. Hybrids are the biggest insult to consumer intelligence since bottled water. ::He says as he sips his Poland Spring::

wow I could only imagine! Yes they are a pc way of making it look like something is being done. Trust me brother those cars are a joke, we are not being given access to the true technology that exists, so that the large companies can hold a monopoly on the market and the government can control the oil reserves. If we actually had a viable alternative the oil companies wouldnt be able to rape us like this. Dont get me wrong I love fossil but its gettin crazy. It would be nice if we could drive our camaros and cars on fossil still but have the option of a viable alternative.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I used to have a grand am with a 2.4 and a 5 speed. kicked so many civic's ass that it wasn't funny. i used to think it was a quick car. ... till i got my trans am... now i'm in heaven.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    I used to have a grand am with a 2.4 and a 5 speed. kicked so many civic's ass that it wasn't funny. i used to think it was a quick car. ... till i got my trans am... now i'm in heaven.
    yes there is still no replacement for displacement!

Thread Information