Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sebring silver
    2000 z28

dodge viper, does this count

ok so i can across a viper the other day, srt-10. i asked him if it was fast and he replied, it will smoke that little z, shit talk, OK so why don't we race then, bla bla we end up doing down to thisa straight away i know of and had a show down,

first race, on third honk i left him sittin, as he was spinnin, i pull so far ahead he coulnt catch up

second race, same thing he spun and i hooked, he was catching up fast but i still won

pissed off he wanted to race again but i thought the cops may be comming do to my loudass exhaust and the houses near by hearing it,

we went back in town and he was a different person saying that he actually liked the camaros,......well budy did ya like my tail lights?

does this count as a win? since he couldnt drive?

yep nice kill

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea dude , you killed him what good is all that horse power if ya cant hook or drive

now now , if you raced him from a roll pshh it woulda been OVER

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

a kill is a kill, good one

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i got the impression is was from a roll?

i dunno...it's kinda like a lame way of winning. I smoked zboner's cammed z28 b/c he couldn't hook on a 10mph roll...it wasn't really that gratifying.

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    ok so i can across a viper the other day, srt-10. i asked him if it was fast and he replied, it will smoke that little z, shit talk, OK so why don't we race then, bla bla we end up doing down to thisa straight away i know of and had a show down,

first race, on third honk i left him sittin, as he was spinnin, i pull so far ahead he coulnt catch up

second race, same thing he spun and i hooked, he was catching up fast but i still won

pissed off he wanted to race again but i thought the cops may be comming do to my loudass exhaust and the houses near by hearing it,

we went back in town and he was a different person saying that he actually liked the camaros,......well budy did ya like my tail lights?

does this count as a win? since he couldnt drive?
    what are ur mods? and what rwhp and tq u put down?

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    Yes I wann aknow too.....and yes it is a kill, not your fault he couldn't drive

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    id say it was a kill....but yes what are ur mods?? cuz even if he spun bad those vipers arent slow and had loads of power and less weight over stock f-bods
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    +1, I wanna know as well. Vipers are a great kill. Good job.

Any idea what year Viper? If it said SRT 10 it was at least an 03, They were all GTS or R/T 10 before 2003, (I think thats right) so it had to have at least 500 horsepower, I believe the SRT 10's all have the 8.3 liter engine, up from the 8.0 liter in the earlier models. And they lightened them up to 3380 pounds in 03 also, so they are lighter than the F bodies, as well as being more powerful. They sure are monster Rides.

Usually Vipers can hook up some what ok. unless you just dump the clutch like an idiot. Either way, good kill!!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post

Any idea what year Viper? If it said SRT 10 it was at least an 03, They were all GTS or R/T 10 before 2003, (I think thats right) so it had to have at least 500 horsepower, I believe the SRT 10's all have the 8.3 liter engine, up from the 8.0 liter in the earlier models. And they lightened them up to 3380 pounds in 03 also, so they are lighter than the F bodies, as well as being more powerful. They sure are monster Rides.

Usually Vipers can hook up some what ok. unless you just dump the clutch like an idiot. Either way, good kill!!
    yeah dont they have like 335's in the back stock?

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post

good kill,, yep, 500hp at flywheel so for this guy to kill it even with a bad driver he had to have 400rwhp minimum and about the same 400lb-ft tq. so let's hear your mods man and dyno numbers.. what's ur winning combo? unless u have stall, gears, sticky tires, etc.. let us know

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

Nice Kill
    It definately sounds like you beat the driver and not the car.
    The GTS's and Rt/10's have 335 width tires in the rear
    I believe the srt10s and srt coupes have 345

----
    04 MB E500
    97 Viper GTS B/W
    93 Mustang Cobra teal
    89 Anniv. Turbo Trans Am hardtop

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Yes, I agree, the Viper runs 11.8 in the quarter, from the factory, with those wide tires. An 11 sec car is hard to beat.

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

Dam nice kill! but he has not replied yet???

sebring silver
    2000 z28

ok sorry for the delay but my car is a 2000 z28 auto with 2.73 gears

my best time was 13.08 with the slp cai, tb bypass, since then i added 2000stall headers, shift kit, poly mounts, off road y pipe, and all emissions equiptment removed, i dont know my horsepower yet BUT it is getting dyno tunes in 3 days in st. louis at joes performance so i will post those numbers, my car hooks perfect everytime and at the track i got a 1.9 60 ft, about 80 percent of the time,

and yes it was an 06 srt-10 the guy bought it 3 months pryer so he needs more practice, i do have great apprieciation for those cars and would love to own one (if i had the money)

and at gateway i saw a viper ( srt-10) run high 12's untill he figured how to launch it then his last run was 11.7 i think

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Awesome kill. Wish I could get some of that action. Everyone w/ a Viper around me won't race just to save face...

ok sorry for the delay but my car is a 2000 z28 auto with 2.73 gears

my best time was 13.08 with the slp cai, tb bypass, since then i added 2000stall headers, shift kit, poly mounts, off road y pipe, and all emissions equiptment removed, i dont know my horsepower yet BUT it is getting dyno tunes in 3 days in st. louis at joes performance so i will post those numbers, my car hooks perfect everytime and at the track i got a 1.9 60 ft, about 80 percent of the time,

and yes it was an 06 srt-10 the guy bought it 3 months pryer so he needs more practice, i do have great apprieciation for those cars and would love to own one (if i had the money)

and at gateway i saw a viper ( srt-10) run high 12's untill he figured how to launch it then his last run was 11.7 i think
    at what altitude did you pull 13.08? go over that one more time please.. if you are 3000ft you are already .3 -.4 off, unless your time was recalculated to take in consideration altitude level. let us know. thanks

sebring silver
    2000 z28

uh i dont know the altitude but it was at gateway internatiol raceway,in granit IL. on a tuesday test and tune night. about 60 degrees, jack and spare out, and passenger rear seats out, droped weight to 3480 with me in it,

is 13.08 not quick enough? should my car run better, my buddies 2000 m6 trans am ran 13.05 @ 108 magnaflow and air lid only,

i looked it up and at gateway it is 425 ft elevation

uh i dont know the altitude but it was at gateway internatiol raceway,in granit IL. on a tuesday test and tune night. about 60 degrees, jack and spare out, and passenger rear seats out, droped weight to 3480 with me in it,

is 13.08 not quick enough? should my car run better, my buddies 2000 m6 trans am ran 13.05 @ 108 magnaflow and air lid only,

i looked it up and at gateway it is 425 ft elevation
    for just a cai and a filter mod to run 13.08 is very good, I bet the e.t was very nice. yeah if you went to the track and take that viper on you wouldn't stand a chance, but yeah.. if he's wheels spin off and blah blah and you left him in your rear mirrow on the street, that is considered a kill, he's cockyness and inexperience of driving cost him. I bet he ran with the traction control on,, hehhehhe... good race.

2002 TA

Wat was your mph?

Thread Information