Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Dodge stealth Twin turbo, Ls1 killer?

I've got this guy who lives in my area and wants to take me on. He's got a Dodge stealth Twin turbo. The turbo's are stock but he has a boost controller and pumped them up to 14 lbs of boost. Other than that its all stock with a K&N filter.
    He swears that he will wax the floor with me. I'm not heavily modded save the $1400.00 ive spent on nitrous. He wants to race from a standstill heads up and N/A NO N2O. After that if I havent beat him he says we will go again with me spraying.
    What are my chances against him N/A and spraying?

My N2O setup is a 100 wet shot through a TB plate. Got all the bells and whistles, heater, purge, window switch. Also from so much track time and practicing I can really NAIL a launch. Perfect slip at just under 2,000 rpm. To this point never been pulled on by anyone at launch, although he is AWD.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

those cars are very heavy. about 3 years ago, I raced one in my 01 cobra and we were dead even from a roll. He did het a nice hole shot on me though when we went from a dig. For comparison reasons, my cobra ran 13.4@106.

I chatted with him afterward and he said he had exhaust and some turbo work done. I don't remember how much PSI though and I'm not sure how much rwhp 14 lbs of boost would give the guy you are goinng to race though. Run him and see and let us know how it works out!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

From experience, on motor from a roll you would be close to dead even with his boost considered, so from a dead stop it will likely be determined at the launch -which you will need DRs to dream of hanging on the launch. On the giggly juice you will catch him no problem, even if he does launch like a champ. Tell him you will run what you brung, and means you spray. You do have a fighting chance even N/A with a good launch, but if he thinks he will "wax the floor with you" why doesn't he want you to spray?

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

I raced a guy with a 3000gt vr4 all wheel drive with my 99 t/a 6 speed.
    Pretty much the same car as a stealth awd.

He was a gret driver and he had exhaust and knn filter and his turbos turned up.

I have the standard bolt ons, whisper lid, knn, flowmaster cat back, racing clutch, hypertech, and I can launch my car pretty good (not perfect)

Anyway from a 20mph roll we were even untill 3rd gear, then I pulled a little past him (half a car or so) then the same all the way to 130 or so, then he always let off.

Off the line though is a differant story, He would rev his car up to 6 grand and drop it. All 4 of his 18 inch wheels would spin and his car would launch like a rocket ship. He would get at least 2 cars ahead -on my best launches. Then in 3rd gear I would start to catch up, but I couldnt get ahead ever.

We went to the track together once, and he ran a 12.9 I ran a 13.2 (I have ran a 13 flat one time before, but average 13.3)

Anyway with spray you should take him in 2nd or 3rd gear, but off the line, If he knows how to drive, forget about it. From a punch with or without spray you should be ok.

Hope this helps, I say spray the nos, you bought it, so use it.

either you both go to complete stock or run what you brung.

red
    1999 Trans am

ONEBADDZ Jesus loves trans ams too.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    The turbo's are stock but he has a boost controller and pumped them up to 14 lbs of boost. Other than that its all stock with a K&N filter.

He wants to race from a standstill heads up and N/A NO N2O. After that if I havent beat him he says we will go again with me spraying.
    He is gonna use a power adder, but doesn't want you to? If he had the stock boost, then race him N/A, but he has added boost, which is like adding NOS, so WHY IS IT FAIR THAT YOU DON'T SPRAY?
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-14-2006 at 05:11 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

john
    Agree to not spraying, spray anyway so you'll really smoke him (probably would NA). Then ask him if he wants to run again on the bottle. I'm sure he'll decline. But it'll leave him with no delusions of maybe being able to beat a stock ls1.

NBM
    '00 Z28

hey pretson1980, nice avatar

As far as the race; why not run him both ways. He's so damn cocky it'd be funny to see if he loses and you're N/A. Plus, you'll have a lot more bragging rights.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    He is gonna use a power adder, but doesn't want you to? If he had the stock boost, then race him N/A, but he has added boost, which is like adding NOS, so WHY IS IT FAIR THAT YOU DON'T SPRAY?
    Exactly, he tried telling me that N2O was pussy HP and that its a cheap win. well fuck him I spent shitloads on it and im gonna use it. Ill let him think what he wants and then spray the shit outta him.

oh and one hot cavalier that was my exact time N/A on my first track drag. 13.4 @ 106

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    hey pretson1980, nice avatar

As far as the race; why not run him both ways. He's so damn cocky it'd be funny to see if he loses and you're N/A. Plus, you'll have a lot more bragging rights.
    You will never meet someone as cocky as this kid in your life. He will not shut the Funkin waggles up about his turbo beast. OH!, and I Have this scale at Zieglers apple cider plant that they use for tractor trailers and with me in the car and a 1/4 tank of gas I weigh 3400 lbs(im only 130 lbs OF MUSCLE), look at that profile picture all muscle

When I asked this kid, alex, what he weighed because ive heard abour their weight problems he look away and kind of mumbled 3500
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 06-14-2006 at 06:58 AM.

You will never meet someone as cocky as this kid in your life. He will not shut the Funkin waggles up about his turbo beast. OH!, and I Have this scale at Zieglers apple cider plant that they use for tractor trailers and with me in the car and a 1/4 tank of gas I weigh 3400 lbs(im only 130 lbs OF MUSCLE), look at that profile picture all muscle

When I asked this kid, alex, what he weighed because ive heard abour their weight problems he look away and kind of mumbled 3500

I dunno why he is such an arrogant tool... he has a high 12 second car?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RedT/Anumber1
    ONEBADDZ Jesus loves trans ams too.
    says who?

You will never meet someone as cocky as this kid in your life. He will not shut the Funkin waggles up about his turbo beast.
    Why does this bother you? Talk is cheap.

...look at that profile picture all muscle
    "all muscle"? Skin and bones.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Bird chest!

Last edited by Roastem; 06-14-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Bird chest!

Jealousy!!!!! For all those 230+ lb guys (and hopefully not gals) Im guaranteed to be a tenth faster than ya!!
    MUAHA
    MUAHAHAHA

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

He's got awd+twin turbo+ a big mouth
    You've got 2wd+LS1 monster+N20

SPRAY! He's not willin go do anything about awd or turbos(as if he could).
    So why should you put down the spray?

Man roast his ass!

Jealousy!!!!! For all those 230+ lb guys (and hopefully not gals) Im guaranteed to be a tenth faster than ya!! MUAHA MUAHAHAHA
    ... ya got us there bro!

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Jealousy!!!!! For all those 230+ lb guys (and hopefully not gals) Im guaranteed to be a tenth faster than ya!!
    MUAHA
    MUAHAHAHA

The extra weight is all between my legs.

Last edited by Roastem; 06-15-2006 at 04:14 AM.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Ok Guys if I remeber correctly heres the deal on the Stealth TT's..

Stock they are 300hp, So im assuming that would put them around 250-275 to the wheels (all four of them). With his addtional boost, mods etc he probably close to 300-325..

So im gonna say running N/A it would be a close race (you are gonna have to launch that bitch like the space shuttle)

I agree witht the guys above.. Hes got 2 Turbos.. whay cant you use the gas? I say use it and the hell with him! Good luck!

Remember- be safe and race this cat at the track... I know Im getting old and feeble.

Steve

Thread Information