Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

dodge challenger finally

This is a discussion on dodge challenger finally within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by LS1Jason you've lost your mind if you think an 08+ STI is dropping anywhere near 12's STOCK. ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    you've lost your mind if you think an 08+ STI is dropping anywhere near 12's STOCK. once you realize this is the internet, and ppl are full of shit, you'll be alot better off. I could lie all day long and say my car is stock, with a muffler and give you quicker times than something stock is running. You'd have a better chance of hitting that 12.9 in an 05 or 06 STI than you would a new one.
    Why would you have a better chance in the older models? The new STI weighs the same but has a bigger turbo and on average dynos 10whp more than the old

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

because I've witnessed it. put em on the track and watch for yourself.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

and when the heck is the race with the challenger going to happen? multiple pages and still no friggin race has happened.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Saying they will hit 150 6-7 sec ahead is a stretch, maybe an a4 car, m6 I find that hard to believe. The only way to prove you are right on that subject is some video proof or where someone actually tested it.

Like I said before bricks do not fly very well, imagine the motor and driveline in a smaller, lighter, more aerodynamic vehicle. It would be much faster than a srt8 in every aspect.
    C&D, 8/98, a 107mph trap speed SS Camaro was 6-7 seconds behind the LS1 C5 due to an earlier shift to 5th because of the shorter tires. The C5 did it in 30 seconds. That is LS2 GTO and SRT-8 territory.

Your understanding of aerodynamics is very limited. You need to read up on it more. And weight plays a much, much lesser role at triple digits. Do you really think a .cd of .33 vs. .355, despite the frontal area makes that much of a difference?

It has been proven for years stock for stock an SRT-8 will edge out a 3:42 6M LS1. I've done it numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    have any proof of this? i find it hard to believe when they're running mid 13's at 103ish mph in the 1\4
    Low 13s are guaranteed with a 2.0 60ft. A headwind, positive DA and heat soaked will mean sub-105mph trap speeds IF the distance from start-up to the tree is short due to the 2-3 diagnostic shift that kills trap speeds by 3mph+. Think Sears Point....

about as many who got an srt8 into the 12s, or an evo and sti... it might have happened once somewhere, but it aint gonna happen to you. nobody considers ls1 fbodys 12 second cars, just like srt8s, evos and sti's.
    You still haven't searched, have you? Use the links Luke, use the links!

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    There are more people who have gotten stock evo 9s annd xs into the 12s than ls1 cars, same with the 08+ STI. Im not trying to say the srt-8 cars are 12 second cars, i just said low 13s @107-109mph isnt hard
    There is no such thing as a bone stock Evo or STi in the 12s.
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-01-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    C&D, 8/98, a 107mph trap speed SS Camaro was 6-7 seconds behind the LS1 C5 due to an earlier shift to 5th because of the shorter tires. The C5 did it in 30 seconds. That is LS2 GTO and SRT-8 territory.

Your understanding of aerodynamics is very limited. You need to read up on it more. And weight plays a much, much lesser role at triple digits. Do you really think a .cd of .33 vs. .355, despite the frontal makes that much of a difference?

It has been proven for years stock for stock an SRT-8 will edge out a 3:42 6M LS1. I've done it numerous times.

You will edge out a stock m6 yes, but what are you calling edging out? 6-7 seconds in racing is a little more than edging out in my opinion. I understand it is near impossible to know exactly how much or how many secs ahead you were while traveling 150mph. Without video proof of you doing so we will just take your word for it.

I do believe the drag coefficient of .33 to .355 makes a difference when you take in consideration most of the cars on the road today have a cd of <.40 But when adding a big powerful engine that the srt8 has overshadows that small difference in cd.

Run the same horsepower engine, same transmission, same gearing, and same tire height in both trans am and srt8 and see which one pulls better to 150mph. Then that little difference in cd will come into play. But thats stupid to even think about trying to achieve that.

So Deuuuce dont get me wrong you have a very nice car with a powerful engine. Who wouldnt love to have a 6.1L 425hp right out of the box to work with? But most of us younger guys cannot afford that or even come close to affording it. So untill I get out of college and start making more money I will have to settle for my used 11 year old ls1 Trans am.

I am actually flattered that all of these people that own newer vehicles like srt8's, new GT's, sti's, evo's even consider my 11 year old ls1 as a formidable opponent.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

I am actually flattered that all of these people that own newer vehicles like srt8's, new GT's, sti's, evo's even consider my 11 year old ls1 as a formidable opponent.
    and most are still scared of getting beat by ls1's.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    and most are still scared of getting beat by ls1's.
    I dont think anyone is scared of losing

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post

Your understanding of aerodynamics is very limited. You need to read up on it more. And weight plays a much, much lesser role at triple digits. Do you really think a .cd of .33 vs. .355, despite the frontal area makes that much of a difference?

Low 13s are guaranteed with a 2.0 60ft. A headwind, positive DA and heat soaked will mean sub-105mph trap speeds IF the distance from start-up to the tree is short due to the 2-3 diagnostic shift that kills trap speeds by 3mph+. Think Sears Point....

You still haven't searched, have you? Use the links Luke, use the links!

There is no such thing as a bone stock Evo or STi in the 12s.
    i want to see the vids of you edging out stock 3:42 ls1's.

i searched i searched!!! i found this--- 13.8 @ 103

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Its because the LS1 is still the greatest engine platform in the world today. The LSX platform is and will remain the greatest engine out there avail to the public for at least a few more years.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Its because the LS1 is still the greatest engine platform in the world today. The LSX platform is and will remain the greatest engine out there avail to the public for at least a few more years.
    since it came out, the lsx has bee the real "hemi"

None

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    b/s. ever heard of the F4 Phantom? that alone proved bricks could fly with enough power. as for top end.... check sig. not at redline just way too fast.

How much does that brick weigh?

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

You will edge out a stock m6 yes, but what are you calling edging out? 6-7 seconds in racing is a little more than edging out in my opinion. I understand it is near impossible to know exactly how much or how many secs ahead you were while traveling 150mph. Without video proof of you doing so we will just take your word for it.
    Edge out in the 1/4 mile. It's the shift to 5th that really makes the difference. Car & Driver 8/98 0-150mph test. It was very interesting data. The C5 6M did it in 30 seconds, the LS1 SS was about 36 iirc. And if the 17s on that car are taller than the non-SS 16s, the stock car would shift to 5th even earlier and be slower to 150mph.

I do believe the drag coefficient of .33 to .355 makes a difference when you take in consideration most of the cars on the road today have a cd of <.40 But when adding a big powerful engine that the srt8 has overshadows that small difference in cd.
    Frontal area is greater on the SRT-8 as well which is the other part of the equation. But not significant enough to make a difference in the outcome whatsoever.

So Deuuuce dont get me wrong you have a very nice car with a powerful engine. Who wouldnt love to have a 6.1L 425hp right out of the box to work with? But most of us younger guys cannot afford that or even come close to affording it. So untill I get out of college and start making more money I will have to settle for my used 11 year old ls1 Trans am.
    You are wise beyond your years. The LS1 Fbodies are very well respected among SRT-8 owners. Especially considering what an ideal platform and engine it is to mod and is still relevant over 10 years after the 1998 models in terms of performance.

I think its great too. Unfortunately job responsibilities dictate a 4door but when on a budget and looking for bang-for-the-buck, you guys are very fortunate.

willys srt8
    Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    How much does that brick weigh?
    Empty Weight: 29,535 lbs
    Gross Weight: 61,651 lbs

oh you mean the charger. 4160 curb according to dodge but i haven't weighed it. i bet it's more though.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    Empty Weight: 29,535 lbs
    Gross Weight: 61,651 lbs

oh you mean the charger. 4160 curb according to dodge but i haven't weighed it. i bet it's more though.
    Willys, my fully-optioned '06 with about 2 gallons in the tank and IIRC stock except for CAI and 255s on the front weighed in at 4100lbs even on a scale that had a 20lb error variance.

Actually, for a 120" wheelbase car, if you check curb weights with others of similar size, its spot-on and maybe a tad, dare I say, light?

Arctic White, red/gray

i want to see the vids of you edging out stock 3:42 ls1's.

i searched i searched!!! i found this--- 13.8 @ 103
    13.8 at 103mph is what the jeep srt-8s run and trap, the charger and challenger have been as low as 13.3 in mags and lower in real world.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

just race it already, i saw a lime green challenger r/t that i tried to race, but it was a 40 year old woman and she just gave me the bird and kept cruising at 60 in a 65. I'm curious so just race it already

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

This saturday

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

about time!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    This saturday
    liar

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    liar
    you'll see, the kid told my friend that has a m3 that they are cruising this week so he told me that because he knows that i want to race this challenger.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information