Thread: Diesel???????

Black
    2000 TA Built

Diesel???????

ok, so my girlfriends dad just bought a 2006 chevy duramax 6.6 turbo.....................i have a 1999 z28 6 speed with drag radials....he keeps on telling me he could keep in my rearview mirror and i just laughed it off but he was seriious i asked him what he had done and he said a bullydog chip and thats it...i said ok and we went to the highway and to my surprise i let him get the jump from 1st gear and i punched that SOB took off!!!! I punched it and kept with him in 2nd gear i immediately put 4 car lengths and kept on pulling when i hit third he stayed with me all the way to the end.....and get this! he just got the chip 3 days ago and says it has a 2 week break in period....he said he punched it and had to let off too 75 percent when he hit second cuz of a loud bang....turns out he messed up his transmission...was he lieing about the chip only or what?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Those diesels are wicked with the programmers. I know the Hypertech will give a diesel like a 100 horse. Got a buddy that has a 05 F-250 that will catch a mean ass second gear.

blue
    1987 IROC camaro

GM 06 LBZ diesel = 360HP and 650ftLBs tourqe, yea, 650!. People say Frd tough, but GM diesels are where it's right now. 06 trucks run a low 15 -high 14 in the qaurter stock. If your intersted visit The DieselStop.com, very informative site.
    He probably Limped the tranny, it means the ENGINE programming into a limp home mode, causing ALOT LESS POWER.These trucks are sensitive when it comes to ANY tranny slippage, if it happens = Limp mode.

NBM
    '00 Z28

after watching bullydog blow up their own truck on PINKS last week, I wouldn't buy a damn thing from them.

I dont want a large farva jwrandall's Avatar
    02 Camaro SS

Diesels can be some mean mofos. Intake,exhaust, programmer, propane injection, turbo and tranny upgrade and bam, you've got a 3 ton rocket on your hands.

Black
    99 SS

im driving an 02 durmax right now, i killed a little civic last night with it pretty bad

Diesel baby!!!!!

White

Diesels are the next big thing. You put a chip\Programmer, Exhaust and intake and they will go mid 14's and high 13's. Put a little more work in them and you get This. That is Mike Tomac. Thats his daily driver. Most imports have learned the hard way that some diesels are not to be played with. Allot of the domestics have got a good lesson also. Here is the place for GM diesels.

def not lieing i have a friend who has an 02 cummins with 150hp injectors and an edge comp 5x5 adjustable chip with full 5" exhaust and before he did a turbo swap he would pull stock and slightly modified ls1's from a roll, after the turbo swap he absolutly smashes lt1's ls1's and 4.6 cobras from a roll. granted he makes over 1300 torque at the weels.

as far as the chevy diesel, thats y the tranny broke, those trucks are pushed to the max with those allison trannys. and lets face it to build a diesel tranny ur not talkin 5g's they are way more expensive than that. cummins is the way to go for power.

I have a 06 duramax crew cab 4x4 dully that runs 12.60's with my programmer on stage 5 and a magnaflow exhaust

The Rookie
    I love my 04. It is a haus and pretty quick. I have nothing but a k&n filter done to it. But companies Bully dog and banks make a living making these things embarass cars. I am not going to mod mine, cause I think I am going to buy the new 06 with 360HP and 650TQ. Mine is 310 and 590. Pulls my boat like there is nothing behind it and the boat weighs almost 4000 lbs!

Red
    2001 SS

I have the Edge Juice Module w/ attitude controller on my '04 F250 and it produces 800+ft lbs to the wheels on level 5!! The power potential of a diesel is amazing. All you have to do is provide it with enough fuel and it keeps making power until is will literally burn itself up!

yes but lets face it, what tranny stock is gonna hold 800 tq? none. he duramax is by far that fastest diesel truck out there but with the stock allison, give it time, it will go.

Diesel baby!!!!!

White

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalilcar
    yes but lets face it, what tranny stock is gonna hold 800 tq? none. he duramax is by far that fastest diesel truck out there but with the stock allison, give it time, it will go.

Granted, Trannys in Diesels are one of the weak links. You need a good shift kit and a good Torque converter.

Right now, the Cummins holds the title for fastest / quickest diesel. There are several Dodges out there in the 10's, a bunch in the 11's and even a couple in the 8's and 9's. There are two Fords in the 11's, several in the 12's and a handful of D-Max's in the 11's

Here is a list of who's who in the Diesel world. Granted, Its not everyone out there but these guys are the hard hitters who do it everyday.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Seen a Dodge 2500 at the strip the other night.. The dude told me it made around 850 HP/1000lbs of torque.. He ran mid 7's with it. he said it weighed like 6500 LBS..

He had some differnt turbo's a tuner and all kinda crap in there

Glad I was getting ready to leave, he would have kicked my ass..

Steve

this is my dads 05 F250 4x4 w/Superchips, Banks Monster exhaust, Airaid, 2.5" lift kit and even on 37" tires it HAULS ASS like i never thought a truck that big would be capable of doing!!

they can be VERY fast and im seeing more and more 12-13 second 4x4's on 35" + tires around here

Last edited by whitelightnin99; 05-02-2006 at 12:58 PM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

I built the engine in my friends 99 Dodge 2500 with a 24 valve Cummins. It has huge injectors an hx50 turbo thats boosting 65 pounds of boost, an edge programmer box a totally built tranny, it has 5 inch exaust and a 200 shot of nitrous that activates at low boost to launch out of the hole. It runs high 12's on 39 inch parnelli jones tires!

the diesels around here are slow, ive had atleast 4 try to race me, all the same outcome, left them 3-4 car lengths in my rear view, each one..........all i have is a 99 NBM Camaro A4 w/flowmaster 40 delta flow and !cat

Silver
    2002 Z28

Diesels are badd-a$$. The best part is they are smog exempt in CA. That means mod to your hearts' content.
    TimeslipRegistry.com
    Timeslip database and racing videos

White
    09 G8 GT

That stuff is sick, that first duramax was probly pushing almost 780 ft/lbs, they're making two diff ones though the 310/590 and the 350/650. Ive talked to a few people who know their stuff, the dmax is a great engine and makes a ton of power but ive heard thats pretty much the biggest a diesel should get since after around 6.5 liters the power doesnt increase with just engine size. They said the cummins is the best design being a huge inline six with making the most power but the 2500HD sierra/silverado has the best powertrain with the dmax and allison. Those really do fail after a lot of beating? I know their rated to tow around 21,500 lbs which is way more than even the GMC 3500 can haul.

Oh when we moved i drove a u-haul e-350 with the 7.3, that thing was a DOG! i had to keep it pegged just to go 55 mph but i wasnt sure if it was a turbo or not. didnt hear a whine, although i know after 94 they all had turbos and i didnt think they had u-hauls that old.

Thread Information