Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Destroyed an Evo 9 on Friday night

This is a discussion on Destroyed an Evo 9 on Friday night within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz as am i http://www.vishnutuning.com/evoIX_Subzero_v380.htm an ls1 fbody is NOT running 12.3 for 750 bucks unless u ...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    as am i http://www.vishnutuning.com/evoIX_Subzero_v380.htm

an ls1 fbody is NOT running 12.3 for 750 bucks unless u can put some cheap unrealiable spray and drag rads on it
    Harris speed works has a dry kit for 300 bucks for LSx based cars, Ive heard pretty good things about HSW and they are one of our sponsers. So you can get a stock LS1 running damn close to 12.3s.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Harris speed works has a dry kit for 300 bucks for LSx based cars, Ive heard pretty good things about HSW and they are one of our sponsers. So you can get a stock LS1 running damn close to 12.3s.
    yup, youre right. i for one am too fucking scared of the juice. plus i kinda think its cheating. but thats just me. here comes the

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

lol. I dont think its cheating, every spends there money different. BTW CHEATERS ALWAYS WIN! lol

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yes cheaters do win....but never prosper...lolololol

Pewter
    2000 z28

lol. I dont think its cheating, every spends there money different. BTW CHEATERS ALWAYS WIN! lol
    hahahahahahah no shit!!!!

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nope, just keeping import fanboys like yourself from spreading your ignorance about how great your ricer is, even though you couldn't be further from the truth

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4
    Yes cheaters do win....but never prosper...
    Those who run the privately owned Federal Reserve would definitely say, as well as believe, otherwise lol....

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

all stock down to the paper filter with a 150 rwhp shot got me 11.97 @ 117 with an 'unreliable' nitrous kit that i've had for over 5 years on three different cars. and without drag radials.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Um are you kidding? People have run 11s on the stock turbo and STOCK cams for a while. With cams, if you dont hit 11s, youre doing something wrong in my book. I have full bolt-ons, cams, tune. I went 11.9 with a light launch. I should have gone 11.6 with a real 60"

Cant hit 11s with just cams? You cant be serious

My buddy from NY is going 11.2@120 on stock turbo with mild 264 cams right now too. Thats close to 10s :-)

He was referring to JUST CAMS. No other mods. No Evo is going to break into the 11's with just cams, more like high 12's. Not even worth discussing.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    12.3 with just a flash, I have yet to see that. 12.5 yes. That is without supporting mods.
    Its not "just a flash".

Read the description:

Product Overview:
    The popular v380 power package for the Evo IX is the first step in our upgrade path. It is ideal for those who demand ease of installation and absolute stealth with a completely stock-like exhaust note. Through careful recalibration of the factory fuel and ignition advance tables, as well asrevised rev and boost limits, we’re able to achieve an incredible, dyno-proven, 100-110 flywheel horsepower gain over the factory rating on an otherwise stock Lancer Evolution. As tested on our in-house All-Wheel Dynamometer, this is more power than a Subaru WRX STi. More importantly, this gain is safe and has proven itself to be cable of withstanding the rigors of heavy-duty competition use-- something few others can honestly claim.

It increases timing advance and boost pressure over stock, its not like they just adjust the stock parameters and gain a magic "100-110" Horsepower. The Factory tune is "mild" to avoid blowing the freaking motor up, which is entirely possible if you get some bad detonation at high RPMs with that "tune". Nobody drives around with 110 octane race fuel in their tank, thats retarded.

Once again, nothing on these cars is as it seems

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

the term 'flash' means programming the PCM. doesn't matter what changes were made, it's still called a 'flash'. fortunately, their PCM gets to control the wastegate.

Its not "just a flash".

Read the description:

Product Overview:
    The popular v380 power package for the Evo IX is the first step in our upgrade path. It is ideal for those who demand ease of installation and absolute stealth with a completely stock-like exhaust note. Through careful recalibration of the factory fuel and ignition advance tables, as well asrevised rev and boost limits, we’re able to achieve an incredible, dyno-proven, 100-110 flywheel horsepower gain over the factory rating on an otherwise stock Lancer Evolution. As tested on our in-house All-Wheel Dynamometer, this is more power than a Subaru WRX STi. More importantly, this gain is safe and has proven itself to be cable of withstanding the rigors of heavy-duty competition use-- something few others can honestly claim.

It increases timing advance and boost pressure over stock, its not like they just adjust the stock parameters and gain a magic "100-110" Horsepower. The Factory tune is "mild" to avoid blowing the freaking motor up, which is entirely possible if you get some bad detonation at high RPMs with that "tune". Nobody drives around with 110 octane race fuel in their tank, thats retarded.

Once again, nothing on these cars is as it seems

Umm yeah its still just a flash. The ECU controls the boost, timing and fuel.

Also, what it gods name are you talking about 110 octane for? The FLASH Vishnu sells (which is overpriced BTW you can get it for $450 many other places) is for 93 octane, not race gas. It adds a ton of power and is still 100% completely safe.

For the 1000th time, please dont talk about things you dont know about, we've gone over this 1000 times.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    the term 'flash' means programming the PCM. doesn't matter what changes were made, it's still called a 'flash'. fortunately, their PCM gets to control the wastegate.
    I know, but they act like "well its only a flash", but on those cars you can modify the boost levels through the flash, so there's really more to it than that. Its ignorant for someone to say that they gained "110HP with just a flash", because your raising the boost significantly, which has a huge impact on the driveability, fuel usage, fuel type required, and reliability of the motor.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Um....still just a flash, and "signifigantly" is probably like 1 or 2 psi....stick to things you know about...like licking windows and wearing a helmet.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Um....still just a flash, and "signifigantly" is probably like 1 or 2 psi....stick to things you know about...like licking windows and wearing a helmet.
    LMAO....uh oh this thread is gonna get closed soon ....speaking of helmets im goin to see comic mike dambra aka pickle tomorrow night....anyone ever see him? hes fuckin hilarious

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

great kill story, I killed a couple also

I know, but they act like "well its only a flash", but on those cars you can modify the boost levels through the flash, so there's really more to it than that. Its ignorant for someone to say that they gained "110HP with just a flash", because your raising the boost significantly, which has a huge impact on the driveability, fuel usage, fuel type required, and reliability of the motor.

No, its ignorant of you to just keep digging yourself in this hole trying to formulate anyway you can to downplay anything positive for the EVO.

1) Raise boost significantly? I would not call 2psi that significant.
    2) Huge impact on driveability? Yeah its MUCH faster and more responsive
    3) Fuel usage? Well yeah at WOT youre going to get less mpg because its a lot more power which goes for any car, HOWEVER, gas mileage is actually greatly IMPROVED driving normally since the stock tune is so rich. Its one of the reasons there is so much power to be had.
    4)Fuel Type Required? Um, EVOs require 91 or 93 octane from the factory and every flash you buy comes the same way. What are you talking about?

5) Reliability of the motor is unchanged. Its fine and can handle way more power. Ask me how I know.

Any more dumb input you want to add? You should really just stop, your far behind already.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Dillard99 View Post
    great kill story, I killed a couple also
    got news for ya, the original story was probably a lie......

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Hey guys, check out this twin turbo LS1 Chevelle for sale on Ebay. 700+ rwhp!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...91529227QQrdZ1

It's off topic, somewhat, but still cool.
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-09-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: turbo an LS1 for comparison to turboed Evo

Off Topic!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information