Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Destroyed an Evo 9 on Friday night

This is a discussion on Destroyed an Evo 9 on Friday night within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 4tun8 Poor Wesman....defending his precious car's honor daily. Nope, just keeping import fanboys like yourself from spreading ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Poor Wesman....defending his precious car's honor daily.
    Nope, just keeping import fanboys like yourself from spreading your ignorance about how great your ricer is, even though you couldn't be further from the truth

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Numbers are screwy. We should really drop this EVO badgering nonsense, its really getting old and its the same argument everytime. Wes clearly hates EVOs for whatever reason, so lets just drop it.
    Or...

I just hate all riceburners the same...

Yep, thats more like the reality of it

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

these arguments are priceless. im not going to go too right or too left, but i do think its irrelevant to mention that some evos can withstand 1000 hp. and i know this sounds funny, but i am qualified to make judgements because ive owned both the 4g63 and 2 ls1s. if you havent driven both, then you (technically) cant argue in this retarted debate. there are a handful of evos and st1s running fast numbers as there are ls1s. the difference is its not anything real special (even though it is bad ass) for an ls1 to be running 11s, 10,s and so on. there are many different paths to running numbers like those and from what i experienced the 4g63 gets pretty damn expensive. my gsx ran a 13.4 with a 16g turbo and shorter intercooler piping. i had the side intercooler. i ran 15 psi. while that is decent, its a joke when i rehatch the work and money i put into the car to achieve that all but ordinary time.
    xcelr8 is referring to (im guessing) evos that are built by a tuner called Buschur Racing, which holds the rice record for quarter mile with a few of their shop evos. they put down the power, but they spent a shit load of money to do so, and literally forged, rebuilt, or upgraded virtually the whole car. that cost dough. evos running fast (11s 10s) in the 1320 are more rare and but just as impressive. but i dont think that evos could break 11s with just a cam.... i respect the evo owners the same as anybody else, but this is an LS1 based site dedicated to gm LSx engines and drivetrains. what reaction were you expecting from us muscle fanatics?
    oh great intentions, ive got the best of interventions...

Missouri and Central IL members come in!!!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f26/missouri-muscle-central-il-come-48861/

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    but i dont think that evos could break 11s with just a cam.... :

Im confused by this.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Im confused by this.
    Why?? Evos can't break 11's with just cams, thats not even worth arguing about, its just simple fact. They'd probably just be breaking into the high 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Why?? Evos can't break 11's with just cams, thats not even worth arguing about, its just simple fact. They'd probably just be breaking into the high 12's.
    Well it wouldnt make sense to JUST install cams, and keep exhaust and stuff like that stock?

Pewter
    2000 z28

Im confused by this.
    well, i believe the reference is to f-body that are cam only cars that run 11s. dont know how much more cut and dry i can make it. show me proof of an evo with just cams that runs 11s and i will retract the statement.
    for instance. my friend owns a ws6. it has headers, x pipe, mufflers and its dumped. he ported the stock heads by hand, dropped in a tsp magic stick 4 cam, tuned with drag radials. its a 6 speed. he runs 10.90s, no bullshit.
    provide me with a similar example of an evo with very light mods comparing to my buddy's car and just a cam, then i will accept ur argument.....

well, i believe the reference is to f-body that are cam only cars that run 11s. dont know how much more cut and dry i can make it. show me proof of an evo with just cams that runs 11s and i will retract the statement.
    for instance. my friend owns a ws6. it has headers, x pipe, mufflers and its dumped. he ported the stock heads by hand, dropped in a tsp magic stick 4 cam, tuned with drag radials. its a 6 speed. he runs 10.90s, no bullshit.
    provide me with a similar example of an evo with very light mods comparing to my buddy's car and just a cam, then i will accept ur argument.....
    Um are you kidding? People have run 11s on the stock turbo and STOCK cams for a while. With cams, if you dont hit 11s, youre doing something wrong in my book. I have full bolt-ons, cams, tune. I went 11.9 with a light launch. I should have gone 11.6 with a real 60"

Cant hit 11s with just cams? You cant be serious

My buddy from NY is going 11.2@120 on stock turbo with mild 264 cams right now too. Thats close to 10s :-)

Also, Im not saying EVOs are better at drag racing than LS1s, because they clearly arent, so lets not get into that debate, this is about EVOs running certain times with certain mods.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Um are you kidding? People have run 11s on the stock turbo and STOCK cams for a while. With cams, if you dont hit 11s, youre doing something wrong in my book. I have full bolt-ons, cams, tune. I went 11.9 with a light launch. I should have gone 11.6 with a real 60"

Cant hit 11s with just cams? You cant be serious

My buddy from NY is going 11.2@120 on stock turbo with mild 264 cams right now too. Thats close to 10s :-)
    thats with full bolt ons. and how much boost are you running? at least 15 pounds or more right? have a walbro fuel pump?
    EE, i dont wanna debate it with you. i had a gsx, so i know what the 4g63 is capable of. i have repeatedly said in numerous threads that i totally respect the evo and its potential. You are the exception.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Also, Im not saying EVOs are better at drag racing than LS1s, because they clearly arent, so lets not get into that debate, this is about EVOs running certain times with certain mods.
    its all on an individual basis. like i said i respect what the evo does. im pretty sure i couldnt pull upper .90s on the skid pad at present....i think the main point you, me, and wesman are missing here is that based on all of the past postings by lakewood, im sure he's full of shit.
    if not lakey, then shut up and tape it.

its all on an individual basis. like i said i respect what the evo does. im pretty sure i couldnt pull upper .90s on the skid pad at present....i think the main point you, me, and wesman are missing here is that based on all of the past postings by lakewood, im sure he's full of shit.
    if not lakey, then shut up and tape it.
    LOL I hear that. Lakewood has issues and seems to have the intellect of a pre-teen. I know you said good things about 4G63, I wasnt knockin you but the point I was making is that there are plenty of guys in the 11s with EVOs with not many mods. Some of the 2006s have gone 11s on intake, exhaust, tunes. Also, you cannot compare a GSX to an EVO in anyway other than the block itself. They require 10x the work to go as fast as EVOs, theyre 10x less reliable and many other things to boot. Ask me how I know! Either way, lets drop it! LOL

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Im confused by this.
    as am i http://www.vishnutuning.com/evoIX_Subzero_v380.htm

an ls1 fbody is NOT running 12.3 for 750 bucks unless u can put some cheap unrealiable spray and drag rads on it

Pewter
    2000 z28

LOL I hear that. Lakewood has issues and seems to have the intellect of a pre-teen. I know you said good things about 4G63, I wasnt knockin you but the point I was making is that there are plenty of guys in the 11s with EVOs with not many mods. Some of the 2006s have gone 11s on intake, exhaust, tunes. Also, you cannot compare a GSX to an EVO in anyway other than the block itself. They require 10x the work to go as fast as EVOs, theyre 10x less reliable and many other things to boot. Ask me how I know! Either way, lets drop it! LOL
    amen brother, so what are your mods again and what kind of boost are you pushing? its purely outta curiousity i promise!!! what trim turbo do you have, ive seen them and they look big. and +1000 on the gsx point, i know what youre saying. that engine has come along way as far as tolerances just the overall execution of the set up itsself, espacially the awd drive train. fucking mind boggling to say the least.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    as am i http://www.vishnutuning.com/evoIX_Subzero_v380.htm

an ls1 fbody is NOT running 12.3 for 750 bucks unless u can put some cheap unrealiable spray and drag rads on it
    i have no idea what youre saying. where did 750 bucks get mentioned T?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

click on the link.....just saying evo 9s are DAM fast very cheap

amen brother, so what are your mods again and what kind of boost are you pushing? its purely outta curiousity i promise!!! what trim turbo do you have, ive seen them and they look big. and +1000 on the gsx point, i know what youre saying. that engine has come along way as far as tolerances just the overall execution of the set up itsself, espacially the awd drive train. fucking mind boggling to say the least.
    I have full exhaust (w/02 & mani), cams, fmic, tune. I also have the little stuff like fuel pump and mbc. I run 22-23psi. Im on stock turbo still. The engine has definitely come a long way. Compared to the DSM 46G3, its vastly improved in every way with every component.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    click on the link.....just saying evo 9s are DAM fast very cheap
    so youre talking about the reflash for 750 bucks that will make an evo run a 12.3?
    if this is so i want to see it plus the supporting mods. hey im not arguing they are fast when they are modded at all. im just talking tech. you have my respect if your modest and run good times. ricers are just alittle harder to win me over but i dont really consider evos and stis ricers. the owners of those ive met have been cool and performance oriented

so youre talking about the reflash for 750 bucks that will make an evo run a 12.3?
    if this is so i want to see it plus the supporting mods. hey im not arguing they are fast when they are modded at all. im just talking tech. you have my respect if your modest and run good times. ricers are just alittle harder to win me over but i dont really consider evos and stis ricers. the owners of those ive met have been cool and performance oriented
    12.3 with just a flash, I have yet to see that. 12.5 yes. That is without supporting mods.

Pewter
    2000 z28

12.3 with just a flash, I have yet to see that. 12.5 yes. That is without supporting mods.
    thats pretty fucking impressive! i started a thread about getting a tune on a stcok LS1 and was interested to know what kind of results that would yield. i heard the factory tunes suck on ls1 like they do on evos and most other cars. didnt get too many responses though. damn 22 pounds!!! hell yeah! yep the dsms are a fucking nightmare. everything is fucked up on those. balance shafts taking out the timing belt. my 4 inch dp bending valves(dont know) all the electrical..... i dont wanna think about it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information