Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Damn IL lawmakers

Well I just read the local paper and they listed some new state law going into effect on Jan. 1, 2008. The main law that pissed me off was the new street racing law. The law state that anyone involved in street racing can now have their vehicle impounded and their drivers license revoked. Any other states have any of these new street racing laws? I feel like im in So Cal now, except with shittier weather and less mexicans.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Yup!! Street racing is getting outlawed quickly!!! Thats why im sticking to the track. No need of wasting my license over a race!

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Well I just read the local paper and they listed some new state law going into effect on Jan. 1, 2008. The main law that pissed me off was the new street racing law. The law state that anyone involved in street racing can now have their vehicle impounded and their drivers license revoked. Any other states have any of these new street racing laws? I feel like im in So Cal now, except with shittier weather and less mexicans.
    i only street race up to about 15 mph over the speed limit. that way. you never are at too bad of a ticket if caught, and can slowdown real quick. that ain't bad when it is a 50 mph road. 70 mph is enough to see which street car has more grunt. atleast for a 16 old kid in a pickup truck. :LOL:

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

lol yea but when your in a fairly fast car going 15 over is pretty easy no matter what speed limit you are in

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya when your in a 400+ HP car. o-100 is less than 10 seconds. So before you can look down your already in trouble HAHA!!!

0-180 in my 240 is around 20 seconds!!! So Thats why I never street race unless its an actual good challenge. I like racing on the track better anyways, There is more people there to watch the actual story go down. No B.S lies!!

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

the worst thing about track is the closest 1/4 mile to me is in St. Louis which is over 100 miles away and the closest 1/8 mile track is about 60 miles away.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya that does suck for you man!! The closest 1/4 is in bristol for me and thats 4 hr drive 1 way. But I have an 1/8 mile 30 mins down the road.

But if your in an open country its a hole new ball game. Just busy streets and towns. Thats a big No no in my book. Just gotta be smart when racing.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

oh yea ive got a couple real flat smooth country roads perfect for late night racing. But you still got to watch out for cops even on these roads

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Sucks but it is dangerous. Too bad so many tracks are gone. The public doesn't want the noise of the track but doesn't want street racing either. So car enthusiasts are basically screwed. It's funny that the car manufatures are building more and more horse power that you won't be able to use any more. race you to 25

black
    2002 WS6

Its pretty much national law here now, car get impounded, you get a $350 fine plus a court date. Well that my understanding of what I was told by an officer, be fore the law took effect.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    Sucks but it is dangerous. Too bad so many tracks are gone. The public doesn't want the noise of the track but doesn't want street racing either. So car enthusiasts are basically screwed. It's funny that the car manufatures are building more and more horse power that you won't be able to use any more. race you to 25
    I live a half mile from what used to be a pretty nice 1/8 track. It sucks they had to shut it down about 30 years ago, now it just has houses on it.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    Its pretty much national law here now, car get impounded, you get a $350 fine plus a court date. Well that my understanding of what I was told by an officer, be fore the law took effect.
    That sucks man.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

The scary thing is how they interpret the law. I could see them trying to use it against you even if you just get on it from a light hard without another car around. If you gat a jerk cop and or DA you could be in a world of hurt.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya well when I had my z28 camaro I pulled out of a pizza station and I accidently churped 2nd!! and a cop wrote me a ticket for disturbing the peace!! he was a doush bag!!! So if they wanna give you a ticket they will come up with something no matter what.

I have cops coming into my dads business (were my car sits) and asks him questions about it all the time, Like whats done to it and if I have NOS and shit. Dad plays dumb and is like That piece of shit stays blowed up so who cares what it has!!! LOL!!! then when they leave he's like wat dumb asses we have these days!!!

Trans Am owner
    former

it sucks they closed down the legendary oswego dragstrip.....i live in oswego!!!!!!!! i would live at that place.......... i wish it was back

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I think cops should lease the drag strip for free 1 night a week and let kids run there cars safely and legaly. I seriosly think this would help in the racing on the streets. But no one likes to listen to the public talking!!!

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

i think in some parts of california if you get caught street racing your car goes to the crusher, caught that on the news a few weeks back. They showed and integra and a civic getting smashed together...

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I think cops should lease the drag strip for free 1 night a week and let kids run there cars safely and legaly. I seriosly think this would help in the racing on the streets. But no one likes to listen to the public talking!!!
    Its the fuckhead insurance companies closing tracks and making it hard for people to start new ones.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya thats true!! Insurance is a B.S way of stealing peoples money!! They are making it hard on everyone to actually race competitive!! You almost have to be rich!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Blame the layers and the court systems. You can get sued for anything now a days. It's ridiculous the amount of pussies in this country/world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Ya thats true!! Insurance is a B.S way of stealing peoples money!! They are making it hard on everyone to actually race competitive!! You almost have to be rich!

Thread Information