Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Damn another Hemi bites the dust !

Last race I had was against a Ram hemi on the interstate. Tonight I was minding my own business just trying to get home when this prick in a charger (not an srt 8) cut me off and started racing his engine in neutral at the stop light. Light turns green, I'm on his ass and as soon as I clear the guy in the left lane I shoot past him.. holy shit I'm still in 2nd gear as I blow by him !! We catch the next light this dickhead starts yelling you've got nos or a blower cuz there is no way you can pull on me like that. I shook my head and turned off on my exit. It amazes me how people watch a commercial and believe they are invincible (even us). There is always someone faster with a better setup just around the corner
    Last edited by Tony180a; 05-20-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammar

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Yea, especially people in mid 14 second cars... Those are just the people that have never been to the track and seen what a fast car actually is....
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Ya should have yelled over at him "Hey has that thing got a Hemi in it?" I have been wanting to do that but haven't gotten next to a dickhead after a race. The stock SRT-8's aren't a lot. No doubt someone will take 1000lbs out of one and prove me wrong. Good Kill by the way!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 2001hawk View Post
    Ya should have yelled over at him "Hey has that thing got a Hemi in it?" I have been wanting to do that but haven't gotten next to a dickhead after a race. The stock SRT-8's aren't a lot. No doubt someone will take 1000lbs out of one and prove me wrong. Good Kill by the way!
    lol "that thing gotta Hemi" Priceless!

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

I guess one did recently. The woman driving it w/ the ESP on? You're modded?

Black & Black

Actually she never caught back up and turned around about a quarter mile down the road. Furthermore the ponderous thing is how do you (in cali) know whether she (in SC) had the ESP on or off? Next I am not a Dodge boy by any means please correct this part if I am a little off base. If the ESP is basically traction control with yaw control maybe added in why would her tires do anything more than a chirp. If it is a little more unrefined like our ASR/TCS whatever you want to call it, then maybe it would let the tires bark for a second then cut the power hard. To the last point "am I modded" all you had to do is click the f-quick link and you can see pictures. Or I could save you the time and say YES.

Oh yeah and by the way I would only use the hemi line on someone who is a dickhead. Not just because someone races and loses. Thing about a race is one wins and one loses, but there isn't a reason to run your mouth over that alone. You just get more mods better skills or both. Have I lost yeah try to not let it happen often but it has happened. I have lost to a couple Fords and another WS-6. Funny how there isn't a Dodge on that list.
    Last edited by 2001hawk; 05-22-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Actually she never caught back up and turned around about a quarter mile down the road. Furthermore the ponderous thing is how do you (in cali) know whether she (in SC) had the ESP on or off? Next I am not a Dodge boy by any means please correct this part if I am a little off base. If the ESP is basically traction control with yaw control maybe added in why would her tires do anything more than a chirp. If it is a little more unrefined like our ASR/TCS whatever you want to call it, then maybe it would let the tires bark for a second then cut the power hard. To the last point "am I modded" all you had to do is click the f-quick link and you can see pictures. Or I could save you the time and say YES.

Oh yeah and by the way I would only use the hemi line on someone who is a dickhead. Not just because someone races and loses. Thing about a race is one wins and one loses, but there isn't a reason to run your mouth over that alone. You just get more mods better skills or both. Have I lost yeah try to not let it happen often but it has happened. I have lost to a couple Fords and another WS-6. Funny how there isn't a Dodge on that list.
    I already checked your mods, I'm sure it's fast. The ESP can cut the power pretty hard and in my experience, .3ths at the strip.

I would say it was a 1 in 10,000 chance she reached over and turned off the ESP but either way I'm not sure what your other point is. The boat accounted pretty well for itself considering you're modded. But to say the "aren't alot" is doing them a major disservice.
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-22-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Black & Black

Ok I take back the comment on it not being a lot. All I was trying to say is in the performance catagory the 425 horses have to pull around a lot of weight. Also a friend at work had told me they had around 500 horses. That probably had a lot to do with my perspective. Since they are really new once people get comfortable racing them and the mods come to bring the power up more and the weight down, they will probably give even cars like mine better runs. Either way I am sure you get a ton of features and a more comfortable ride with the charger. For a car like that to run with stock f-bodies is not nothing.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Ok I take back the comment on it not being a lot. All I was trying to say is in the performance catagory the 425 horses have to pull around a lot of weight. Also a friend at work had told me they had around 500 horses. That probably had a lot to do with my perspective. Since they are really new once people get comfortable racing them and the mods come to bring the power up more and the weight down, they will probably give even cars like mine better runs. Either way I am sure you get a ton of features and a more comfortable ride with the charger. For a car like that to run with stock f-bodies is not nothing.
    SRT-8 guys always defer to modded LS-1s. With our 120" wheelbase though, there isn't a lot of weight reduction to do without ruining the basis of the car (except changing out the big seats).

I think if the G8 get's the LS3, that will be the hot ticket for 4door guys like me.

Thread Information