Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CTS-V vs. my 01 z28

This is a discussion on CTS-V vs. my 01 z28 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; http://www.turbododge.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103293...

phatsat67

redz

I have driven the cts-v,bmw,mb,etc on the same day

Hey there,

Your original post reminded me of a summit put on by Cadilliac last summer that I was invited to test(abuse)drive peer vehicles from Europe.

This was held on a hot day at a former Marine base in Orange County, Ca. Had to sit through a Led Zep influenced production/warning/appetizers before going outside to be a test pilot.

Lines quickly formed for Cadilliac vs European SUV's, sedans, and sporty vehicles. I was not interested or had enough time to go down to the SUV test area. I spent most of the 2 hours waiting in line but was rewarded by the XLR(my partners fav)and blown away by the CTS-V. If money was no object.....sign me up!!! I know cad has received criticism over only offering it in a 6-spd(evidenced by all the people that stalled off the linethat day)manual. I resented having a rep ride shotgun(not in any of the other carsthat day) until I realized he was there to help me by giving advice on shift points and turn-in/turn-out. I actually did better with him sitting on my right. I think we didn't hit it off at first due to his comments on what I drive now(4th gen Z/28). After the white-knuckled test drive, he asked me what I thought. Obviously very pleased, I had to compose myself by saying, "If not for the heft(2 tons)this car would give mine a run for its(1/3 the price of a cad)money. The CTS-V definately blew away all the top end V8's from BMW and MB in both power and handling. It's price was nearly as high too. I expected more out of BMW and MB even before saving the CTS-V for last.

Later, I checked the stats on the CTV's. It is closer to vette territory than Z/28 in unmodified form. I warn everyone, if you are going up against one, make sure you are modified. Stockers don't stand a chance even with the best driver. There is at least one aftermarket company providing mods already for the CTS-V so look out! All I can say is if I going to be smoked, let it be by something exotic or GM brethern. Had an even match with a WRX-STi, that I would have probably lost if he did not have a passenger. Subaru is the best bang for the buck right now, but would not want to be in one in the event of a crash. My Z fared very well(needed an alignment)after hit by a vintage Ford that was totalled by a new driver.

If you ever get the op, definately test drive the CTS-V!!! You will be grinning from ear to ear, kinda like all of us were when we first got our 4th gen F-car. Remember?

Silver
    2005 cadillac cts-v

Do you have any more info about this wheel hop issue? My rear end went in my 05 cts-v two nights ago with 7,800 k on it bone stock & the dealer is acting like it shouldnt be covered under warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciateed. Thank you.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

How will my stock '97 M6 C5 stand up to one from a stop and roll? Sounds like an even race.

Chris

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by eacnbny View Post
    Do you have any more info about this wheel hop issue? My rear end went in my 05 cts-v two nights ago with 7,800 k on it bone stock & the dealer is acting like it shouldnt be covered under warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciateed. Thank you.
    Check Cadillac forums. A C5 6spd, CTS-V and SRT-8 will all run very close times to each other. VERY close.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

there is a guy here that has a super charged cts-v. i think it runs 10s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information