Thread: Cobra Kill

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Cool Cobra Kill

A co-worker and I had been trash talking to each other for about a year and we finally hooked up. My co-worker has an '03 Cobra vert. The last year or so when he walks into my building I say,"What's that bad smell? Then I look at him and say,oh Ford" He usually replies," You need to check the freeway, I saw a Z28 with the hood up and fang marks on the side of the freeway. I am driving home from work and this all black Mustank pulls next to me roaring. I'm on the phone with the wife who hates me "playing". I said oh shit. She asks whats wrong and I say,"nothing". Needless to say I was trying to get off the phone. Meanwhile this Mustank is pullin of revvin up then slowing down. The signs are there for me. I still don't know who this is as my co-worker doesn't drive the Cobra to work. I get off the phone and flash my hi's. It's on there is a long up-grade ahead and we blast-off. We are even at 140mph and then I start pulling away , I got a fender on him then we slowed down for traffic. We played some more when he finally rolls his window down and I see him. I give him the thumbs up and tell him to get off the freeway, which he does. I tell him nice run we talk a while and go on our own ways.

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

His Cobra is stock exept for a Borla exhaust. I have a flowmaster, Holley filter, Hypertech tuning, lid and ram air on my Z28.

red
    00 camaro ss

You got to love killing those guys. I know I do. They think they are all that just because they have a supercharger. I ran into a saleen s281 a couple of weeks ago, I try and stalk him into a race and he points to his daughter in the child seat. ( I can respect that) but when we got to the light I told him that I would have lit his ass up anyway. He laughed like he actually knew what he was laughing about. I asked if it is modded. he sais ya its blown. and then i started laughing at him telling him that all saleens are blown. duh!!! that just goes to show you how much some people dont know about their cars. any way nice kill.
    00 ss camaro, 6.0 liter iron block, 4" callies crank, 4" Mahle pistons, Howards rods, Comp cam .598/.598, ported polished heads, Fast 90mm intake and tb flp headers and y pipe, lingenfelter muffler and tips, Maf, injectors, frame connectors.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

sscrazy---Jesus Christ what are you running with those mods??

NBM/Torch Red
    01 SS Blown/03 Cobra

Not to rag or anything but you're doing something if you're walking a cobra from 140mph on with your mods...nice kill though

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    sscrazy---Jesus Christ what are you running with those mods??
    havnt taken it to the track yet. Its not finished. and I just hurt the motor.

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sscrazy
    I asked if it is modded. he sais ya its blown. and then i started laughing at him telling him that all saleens are blown. duh!!! that just goes to show you how much some people dont know about their cars. any way nice kill.
    Not to be a dick, but not all Saleens are blown. Some come with just body kits, decals, and wheels (basically). As a matter of fact, most of the Saleens I run across aren't blown.

Marc

2003 DSG Cobra

I asked if it is modded. he sais ya its blown. and then i started laughing at him telling him that all saleens are blown. duh!!! that just goes to show you how much some people dont know about their cars.
    or other peoples cars... .see post above.... lol

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by nytmare
    Not to be a dick, but not all Saleens are blown. Some come with just body kits, decals, and wheels (basically). As a matter of fact, most of the Saleens I run across aren't blown.

Marc
    those are just saleen body kits. but real saleens are all blown. that is what the s in s281 or s351 stands for. so for some one to say they are modded because they have a blower on a saleen is obsurd

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 97DOHC
    or other peoples cars... .see post above.... lol
    also see post above. and your a ford guy. trust me i know my cars.

2003 DSG Cobra

So only "real" Saleen cars are supercharged?

http://www.saleen.com/

Then why do they offer a Saleen 3 Valve, Saleen Supercharged, and a Saleen extreme..

So there is not 1 registered original Saleen out there without a supercharger? I guess all the ones I've seen are fake saleens....

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

those are just saleen body kits. but real saleens are all blown. that is what the s in s281 or s351 stands for. so for some one to say they are modded because they have a blower on a saleen is obsurd
    You guys are killin' me!

Check out a Saleen dealer called performanceautosport on the web. I can't post links yet, but I bet you can figure out the the URL without too much trouble.

It's one of the most reputable Saleen dealers in the US (and internationally). Fortunately for me, it's located in Richmond, VA which is just down the road from me. I've been there many times and have had numerous conversations with the owner. I did a lot of research into Saleens and almost bought one. But... I really like the look of WS6s.

A "real" Saleen does not necessarily come with a supercharger. BTW, the "S" has nothing to do with the supercharger. Saleens that come without superchargers also start with an "S". Typically the "SC" after the model number (i.e., S281SC) indicates whether or not it has a supercharger or not. Although, I have seen S281's without the "SC" designation, but do have superchargers. Maybe they were added by the owner, but didn't come that way from Saleen? I don't know for sure.

Reader's Digest version: "Real" Saleens do come without superchargers.

Marc

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

You gotta respect a Saleen. Overpriced, but still pretty cool

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent
    You gotta respect a Saleen. Overpriced, but still pretty cool
    I agree. I'm not a huge Ford fan, but I do like the Saleens. One thing I learned in researching them... they're the only aftermarket Mustang that is listed in the Kelly Blue Book. Which, from what I understand, kinda/sorta makes them their own model. You won't find a listing for a Roush or Steeda (or any other aftermarket) Mustang in the KBB. Other than being a pretty well established model, that's one of the reasons the Saleens will hold their value better and longer than a Roush or Steeda.

Marc

2003 DSG Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by nytmare
    You guys are killin' me!

Easy link!.. Saleen's are registered with and without superchargers... That is why a lot of people post kills on Saleens thinking they are blown when they are not...

Good references to the Roush, etc. nytmare....case in point..

Black
    2004 Ford Cobra

Let it go dude....you're wrong.

silver
    01 mustang gt

typical chevy guy

I asked if it is modded. he sais ya its blown. and then i started laughing at him telling him that all saleens are blown. duh!!! that just goes to show you how much some people dont know about their cars. any way nice kill.
    not all saleens are blown. the s281's are just a stock GT with just body mods or suspension mods+ body. but they are usually heavly slow POS.

sscrazy, you know dick about cars. stick to your F-body

i'd like to run an S281

Thread Information