Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 141

cobra

This is a discussion on cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; it happend, we raced, he got me on hole shot because i spun and he dun a 45k clutch sump ...

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    loyall ky
    Posts
    347

    black, and black
    04 M6

    race

    it happend, we raced, he got me on hole shot because i spun and he dun a 45k clutch sump and hooked, his car really isint that fast he gets everyone on the hole shot, he quickly got prolly 3 cars on me once i hooked I ran him down though finished about 1 car in front of him. needless to say he was pissed, because i beat him in his fast car in front of his girlfriend lol, now if i can just beat her ass lol

  2. #102
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    Nice kill!!! Congrats!


    Yes, you are wrong about the Mach 1 / 2001 Cobra. Major differences include...

    Heads
    Camshaft
    Cams
    Rear axle
    gearing (ok, not major, but different)
    They have similar pistons/rods, and essentially the same engine block.

    Peak power between the two isn't all that different close, though the Mach 1 has a much better power curve. I would suggest that the Mach 1 motor is as much of an advance over the previous years N/A Cobra motor as the LT1 was over the L98.
    Sorry about that, as I said before, I was just passing on what I was told at the Mach 1's release, and since their powerband was so similar, I assumed that the info was correct. BTW, the L98/LT1 comparo is kind of off, considering the inability to exchange any significant part other than the camshaft between the first and secong gen smallblock and the 1000-1500 extra usable rpm, as well as a significant increase in power. The difference between the Cobra and the Mach 1 is nowhere near as drastic.

  3. #103
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    it happend, we raced, he got me on hole shot because i spun and he dun a 45k clutch sump and hooked, his car really isint that fast he gets everyone on the hole shot, he quickly got prolly 3 cars on me once i hooked I ran him down though finished about 1 car in front of him. needless to say he was pissed, because i beat him in his fast car in front of his girlfriend lol, now if i can just beat her ass lol
    what do you have again?

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    121

    Black
    2002 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    it happend, we raced, he got me on hole shot because i spun and he dun a 45k clutch sump and hooked, his car really isint that fast he gets everyone on the hole shot, he quickly got prolly 3 cars on me once i hooked I ran him down though finished about 1 car in front of him. needless to say he was pissed, because i beat him in his fast car in front of his girlfriend lol, now if i can just beat her ass lol

    Waiting for the Mustang swingers. "Oh, no way you ran him down after three cars..."

  5. #105
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    Waiting for the Mustang swingers. "Oh, no way you ran him down after three cars..."
    i can tell you that the dude couldnt drive because i rape o4 gto's and the cobra rapes me.....

  6. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    121

    Black
    2002 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i can tell you that the dude couldnt drive because i rape o4 gto's and the cobra rapes me.....

    The '04 GTO is .5 slower than the LS1 F-bodies. The Cobra is at least .2 slower than the F-bodies, or two car lengths every time, so he couldn't have been that bad of a driver. In fact, it's amazing he got within 1 car length of the LS1 with that slug.

  7. #107
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    If he said the cobra rapes me he means a 03 04 that is supercharged. Those arent .2 slower than a f-body. There like .5 faster if there stock

  8. #108
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    The '04 GTO is .5 slower than the LS1 F-bodies. The Cobra is at least .2 slower than the F-bodies, or two car lengths every time, so he couldn't have been that bad of a driver. In fact, it's amazing he got within 1 car length of the LS1 with that slug.
    a supercharger cobra is slower than a stock f body?

    i think you should reread...

    the ls1 goat will not keep up with an ls1 from a dig or a roll. from a roll its alot worse also.

  9. #109
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Sorry about that, as I said before, I was just passing on what I was told at the Mach 1's release, and since their powerband was so similar, I assumed that the info was correct.
    It is actually the powerband that is most different. Peak power is about the same. The Mach one has a wider, somewhat lower powerband, making it easier to drive quickly (the live axle and extra bit of gear doesn't hurt either).

    BTW, the L98/LT1 comparo is kind of off, considering the inability to exchange any significant part other than the camshaft between the first and secong gen smallblock and the 1000-1500 extra usable rpm, as well as a significant increase in power. The difference between the Cobra and the Mach 1 is nowhere near as drastic.
    I agree it wasn't exact (nothing is), but is still about the same difference in parts, IMHO, and is what came to mind when I was trying to think of a simile.

  10. #110
    Bolt-On Pimp ImpalaSSpeed96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ND
    Posts
    360

    Black
    01 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i can tell you that the dude couldnt drive because i rape o4 gto's and the cobra rapes me.....
    This thread is about a 99 Cobra.

    And 04 GTO's arent a full half second behind F-body's. The auto's may be but I've seen stock GTO's goes as low as 13.3. LS2s as low as 12.9. But both were manuals. The fastest stock F-body I ever saw was a 13.0. I don't know why it seems like the 04 GTO's get so ragged upon all the time.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

    06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

    01 Camaro SS- Totaled

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    121

    Black
    2002 WS6

    Let's not get caught up in ridiculous details here. The F-body is faster than the NA Cobra. In fact it's only .4 slower than the blown Cobra. So him slaughtering a 99 is just typical, not the result of bad driving by the Cobra driver. The car was the problem.
    Last edited by Black R/A; 07-18-2007 at 10:21 AM.

  12. #112
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    And 04 GTO's arent a full half second behind F-body's. The auto's may be but I've seen stock GTO's goes as low as 13.3. LS2s as low as 12.9. But both were manuals. The fastest stock F-body I ever saw was a 13.0. I don't know why it seems like the 04 GTO's get so ragged upon all the time.
    when was it i said the goat was a full second slower?? and the whole gd thread has been about every kind of cobra.

    the fastest stock f body you ever saw. remember that. because thats what you saw, which doesnt make it the fastest.

    f body's have routinely gone 12s on street tires. it doesnt matter how deep into the 12s, but i know for a cold fact that they have run 12.80s on stock radials.

    i cant nor do i want to go through this whole pretty pointless thread to remember, amidst all the speculation what car he would run. so keeping with the fashion, i can believe the goat only beat the 99 cobra by one car.

    the goats dont get ragged on, they are just slower than an f body. stock for stock i have walked them pretty bad. from a roll its even worse, like i said.

    its been great talking about all this......
    Last edited by secondgearscratch; 07-18-2007 at 11:02 AM.

  13. #113
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    Let's not get caught up in ridiculous details here. The F-body is faster than the NA Cobra. In fact it's only .4 slower than the blown Cobra. So him slaughtering a 99 is just typical, not the result of bad driving by the Cobra driver. The car was the problem.
    um..... im not too awful sure but a blown cobra can run a 12 if it 60's well enough. sure its tough on the irs, and the best ive witnessed completely stock was a 12.3, but that doesnt mean anything.

    and youre coming off a bit too nonchalant about the blown cobras. if we really put this in perspective, thats ~4 cars lengths on average stock for stock. racing one from a dig is the absolute best move.

    from a roll, forget it.

  14. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    121

    Black
    2002 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    um..... im not too awful sure but a blown cobra can run a 12 if it 60's well enough. sure its tough on the irs, and the best ive witnessed completely stock was a 12.3, but that doesnt mean anything.

    and youre coming off a bit too nonchalant about the blown cobras. if we really put this in perspective, thats ~4 cars lengths on average stock for stock. racing one from a dig is the absolute best move.

    from a roll, forget it.

    Never seen 12.3 from a stock '03. 12.68, 12.81, but never 12.3. Seen 13.0 in an LS1 and 12.8 with tires. But this thread is not about the '03. It's about an LS1 vs '99. The Mustang got whipped bad.

  15. #115
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    I don't know why it seems like the 04 GTO's get so ragged upon all the time.
    because the GTO is a big fat pig,like my car.

  16. #116
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I run stock size tires, with headers a lid and Catback i ran a 12.87. But thats not stock lol

  17. #117
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    A stock 04 GTO is probably a couple of ticks slower than a stock LS1 F-body, all else being equal. A stock 05/06 GTO is probably a couple of ticks faster than a stock LS1 F-body, all else being equal.

    03/04 Cobra....quickest bone stock blown Cobra I know of went 12.47 @ 114 mph. Guy's name is Ken Risher, lives in Indianapolis. Used to race with him in the NMRA. Never heard of one going 12.3, but anything is possible. My personal best was a 12.60 @ 112 mph (only ran the car twice).

    Quickest bone stock LS1 F-body I know of went 12.89 @ 109 mph. Quite possible someone has gone quicker - don't know.

  18. #118
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I run stock size tires, with headers a lid and Catback i ran a 12.87. But thats not stock lol
    i dont think a 12.87 with those mods is bad at all.some people think theyre the shit when they run a good ET but they should be giving a large part of the credit to the weather and to the people that prepped the track. Ive been to the track when you really had to try hard (be very careful off the line)just to get a 2.2 60' and other days when you can just mash the pedal and still get better traction and end up with a 2.0

  19. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    loyall ky
    Posts
    347

    black, and black
    04 M6

    race

    we dont race at a track, just a stretch of road prolly longer than a 1/4 mile, but its all we got around here i dont know what kind of mods he has other than drag radials and a diablo tune maybe exhaust, i have a 04 m6 with underdrive, slp 160 k&n cai, tb bypass, polished tb, full exhaust, cat and resonator delete flow master series 10, slp diablo tune. Ive never been to a track but if i had to guess id say i run low 13's high 12's car runs really well. faster than the 96 lt1 and 99 ls1 i used to drive, i hope now this thread can end lol

  20. #120
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    There are some 1/8th mile tracks in your area. I sort of "cut my teeth" on a backwoods 1/8th mile track many years ago. Tis fun, and will give you an idea of what you would run in the 1/4.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 04 cobra vs 04 gto
    By burnsxxxls1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  2. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Cobra's Wow!
    By camarojunky74 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •