Results 1 to 17 of 17

Cobalt SS disapoints me.........

This is a discussion on Cobalt SS disapoints me......... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I got on interstate and noticed a black Cobalt SS come flying on the onramp..........so of course i slow down ...

  1. #1
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Cobalt SS disapoints me.........

    I got on interstate and noticed a black Cobalt SS come flying on the onramp..........so of course i slow down and notice he doesnt wanna race.....he just wants to do a ricer fly-by on me.......so i put it in 3rd and let him get up to about 2 cars from me and i nail it. He never got in front and i had him by a car or so from 60-110. I wouldnt think a Domestic owner would try a ricer fly-by but i guess you learn something new everyday! He had at least an exhaust on it casue i could almost hear it over mine! Then we raced again from a 3rd gear roll and well i had him by 3+ to 110

  2. #2
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    have you ever raced a LS1, how fast is your car?

  3. #3
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Yea scroll down the Kill page a lil and you will see some of the Ls1s ive raced. I went 13.3@105 before my throttle body, Hot-side hard pipe(2+lbs of boost=40+hp) MSD wires, and Iridium plugs. So im guessing im trapping about 109ish maybe

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    98

    black
    2000 Z28 (sold)

    Well, being that the Cobalt is rated at 205 hp. I would hope you beat him.

  5. #5
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    I dunno i heard those Stage 2 cobalts with the computer and pulley are pretty stoute
    Last edited by Stone; 12-27-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    2006 PBM GTO~458WHP 419TRQ~SOLD
    2006 TR M6 GTO~457WHP 407TRQ(Tuned by Mike@Thunder Racing)
    VRX5 Cam,Pacesetter LTs(No Cats),Magnaflow Catback,Ported FAST 92,Ported TB,Billet Pro,SLP UDP,Monster Stage 3,18lb flywheel,Volant CAI,NGK TR55s,Powerslot Rotors,Zo6 Pads,Patriot Golds, Staggered 18" VMR V701s, BFG KDWs, Headlight Armor,Grafxwerks,Painted OEM SAP Grilles and rear valence,West Coast Speeds AUX Input

  6. #6
    Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San DEEEE Eggo
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,985

    teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

    yeah the little cobalts can get really stout.
    With stage 2 a cold air intake and what else i forget he dynoed 253hp to the wheel.
    I drove it around a few times and stomped all over mustangs in the car. He has had a few other things done after the dyno and the car was unbelievably strong, i even beat a few srt-4's. All except one had bov, i think that was it they were pretty much stock.

    The little supercharged ecotec has some potential. I used to bash his car, but the thing is quick.

  7. #7
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    I should dyno around 290 to the wheels now.........untuned

  8. #8
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    cobalt ss' are pretty quick modded....and are very underated

  9. #9
    Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San DEEEE Eggo
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,985

    teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    cobalt ss' are pretty quick modded....and are very underated
    they are very underrated.
    The srt-4 and the cobalt really do dominate a majority of the imports.

  10. #10
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    they are very underrated.
    The srt-4 and the cobalt really do dominate a majority of the imports.
    But one of my close friends has a civic that 98% of people would get smoked by. Fully sleaved B16C (now 2.0) liter thats running 9.50s@145ish. But those are few and far between!! You gotta watch out for some of them though!

  11. #11
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    But one of my close friends has a civic that 98% of people would get smoked by. Fully sleaved B16C (now 2.0) liter thats running 9.50s@145ish. But those are few and far between!! You gotta watch out for some of them though!
    How reliable is it?


    I am a noob when it comes to the Cobalt. Ive never been sure if I didnt mind the look of it. Is the interior ok or is it shot to shit?

  12. #12
    Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San DEEEE Eggo
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,985

    teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

    Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    How reliable is it?


    I am a noob when it comes to the Cobalt. Ive never been sure if I didnt mind the look of it. Is the interior ok or is it shot to shit?
    i have a buddy also who has a gutted hatch back than can beat even me. But that car has more problems than anything else.

    The cobalt is good on gas mileage. The interior is not the greatest little things here and there will come off, but the seats are awesome, that is if you have the recaros. Once you start pushing more power the drivtrain becomes questionable, and the stock clutch sucks balls. Still once you get past it's quircks it is a fun car to drive..........especially once you get the cold air on it....the whine of that little supercharger
    The cobalt still needs a little bit of refinement.
    I've seen more people have problems with cobalts than with cert-4's......certs are definitley more reliable.

  13. #13
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    i have a buddy also who has a gutted hatch back than can beat even me. But that car has more problems than anything else.

    The cobalt is good on gas mileage. The interior is not the greatest little things here and there will come off, but the seats are awesome, that is if you have the recaros. Once you start pushing more power the drivtrain becomes questionable, and the stock clutch sucks balls. Still once you get past it's quircks it is a fun car to drive..........especially once you get the cold air on it....the whine of that little supercharger
    The cobalt still needs a little bit of refinement.
    I've seen more people have problems with cobalts than with cert-4's......certs are definitley more reliable.
    really? i never heard anyone having problems with them...
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

  14. #14
    Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San DEEEE Eggo
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,985

    teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    really? i never heard anyone having problems with them...
    seriously, they snap axels like crazy, the drive train is really weak, i know of three cobalts alone in san diego, plus my buddy blew his engine, and he was not even reving it he was just cruisin. Luckily he had only the gm stages done at the time so the warranty covered his engine, but not a new supercharger.........supercharger was fine. Like i also said earlier the clutches are crap.

    So far from what i have seen, but all cars have quirks........it all depends on the drivers too, no doubt though.....the cobalt can sure take a beating.
    I've seen a couple guys just flogging the shit out of them with no prob and still no prob.

  15. #15
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    He has had his car for nearly 4 years and has only had 2 motors in it!! He blew it up last month for the first time and went 11.00@128. Now he fully stroked and sleaved it. Get 18-22MPG. I only get about 13-16MPG but my car isnt tuned yet.

  16. #16
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    BURBANK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    seriously, they snap axels like crazy, the drive train is really weak, i know of three cobalts alone in san diego, plus my buddy blew his engine, and he was not even reving it he was just cruisin. Luckily he had only the gm stages done at the time so the warranty covered his engine, but not a new supercharger.........supercharger was fine. Like i also said earlier the clutches are crap.

    So far from what i have seen, but all cars have quirks........it all depends on the drivers too, no doubt though.....the cobalt can sure take a beating.
    I've seen a couple guys just flogging the shit out of them with no prob and still no prob.
    lol, gm making a weak drivetrain??...never,lol...huh, never knew those cobalts had problems....
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    He has had his car for nearly 4 years and has only had 2 motors in it!! He blew it up last month for the first time and went 11.00@128. Now he fully stroked and sleaved it. Get 18-22MPG. I only get about 13-16MPG but my car isnt tuned yet.
    a cobalt ss ran a 11 flat???!!!!!

  17. #17
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    lol, gm making a weak drivetrain??...never,lol...huh, never knew those cobalts had problems....

    a cobalt ss ran a 11 flat???!!!!!
    No this is a civic coupe im talking about

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. cobalt ss
    By guitarjay76 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 07:57 AM
  2. so what does everybody think of the cobalt ss/tc
    By zero_proto in forum Western Members
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 08:11 AM
  3. cobalt vs ls1
    By MoMo The Ecotec in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 03:21 AM
  4. cobalt SS
    By sharptransam in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 11:15 PM
  5. My car vs. Cobalt SS,04 Must GT
    By MR.G in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 09:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •