chicken run: z28 vs bird

so me and my buddy were out cruising around yesterday in our fbodies and caught a light together! (we're never that lucky) he was in his pretty stock A4 '95 firebird and I was in my M6 Z w/ full bolt-ons and exhaust. we only had a few hundred feet of 2lane wide highway to run on before it merges back into one but we didnt care cause we were just fooling around, but i wanted to be clearly out in front before we ran out of road so I revved it up to 1800 waiting for the light to turn to get the jump..but stupid me, my tires wernt warmed up at all so when the light turned I dumped it and it broke right loose on me as my buddy did a perfect take off so I stayed in and did a big burn out cause the race was already over since the run was so short.. and good thing I didnt hook cause as soon as we reached the merge there was a cop hiding real good behind a bulding. we had both shut down already but we were still going about 8mph over the speed limit and im sure he heard us and saw my smoke cloud, so the cop comes tearing out after us and we both just played it cool he hung back a little bit at first but then got right up on my bumper after a 1/2mile so i went to turn off down my road to retire the camaro for the day and instead of going around me the cop came to a stop right behind me and was jotting down my plates, I turned...and the cop hessitated for a moment and then took off. my buddy had to go get some gas 1st and they didnt bother him either too close tho, I should of known it was too good to be true when we caught that red light together. I cant be doing this type of stuff anymore, the cops finally started leaving me alone just last year. be carefull out there guys!

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by pocheasy View Post
    so me and my buddy were out cruising around yesterday in our fbodies and caught a light together! (we're never that lucky) he was in his pretty stock A4 '95 firebird and I was in my M6 Z w/ full bolt-ons and exhaust. we only had a few hundred feet of 2lane wide highway to run on before it merges back into one but we didnt care cause we were just fooling around, but i wanted to be clearly out in front before we ran out of road so I revved it up to 1800 waiting for the light to turn to get the jump..but stupid me, my tires wernt warmed up at all so when the light turned I dumped it and it broke right loose on me as my buddy did a perfect take off so I stayed in and did a big burn out cause the race was already over since the run was so short.. and good thing I didnt hook cause as soon as we reached the merge there was a cop hiding real good behind a bulding. we had both shut down already but we were still going about 8mph over the speed limit and im sure he heard us and saw my smoke cloud, so the cop comes tearing out after us and we both just played it cool he hung back a little bit at first but then got right up on my bumper after a 1/2mile so i went to turn off down my road to retire the camaro for the day and instead of going around me the cop came to a stop right behind me and was jotting down my plates, I turned...and the cop hessitated for a moment and then took off. my buddy had to go get some gas 1st and they didnt bother him either too close tho, I should of known it was too good to be true when we caught that red light together. I cant be doing this type of stuff anymore, the cops finally started leaving me alone just last year. be carefull out there guys!
    Does your friends car have a V6 or V8? Just curious? Is it a Formula? Nice death by the way.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Those run ins w/ cops happen to often, but it's a great feeling sometimes like you're gettin away w/ murder. It's all part of the thrill!

Thread Information