Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

charger shocked me

This is a discussion on charger shocked me within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Silver Bullet I'll loan you my vette...

torchred
    99 FRC Vette

Silver Bullet I'll loan you my vette

blue
    2000 z28

I wasnt too sure of the gears on the SRT-8 but i know for sure the Daytona's run on 2.92's, even running on 3.06's they lose there peak speed early. I saw a video on this forum of an LS1 against a SRT-8, the SRT-8 looked as if he had the hole shot, but the LS1 pulled on him and appeared to have beat him by 1-2 car lengths. As far as the 1/4 mile times i have read several articles on these cars and every article list different times, starting at low 13's to mid 13's. Dodge quotes them at 13.6.

Black
    2001 T/A M6

If I saw a black charger coming up on me like that, I would either slow the fuck down fast, or dip down a side street somewhere....Yes we have unmarked police chargers outhere and the mother fucker is extremely fast. I wouldn't fuck with it unless I was about 400+ rwhp, but then again knowing it was probably an unmarked cop I wouldn't fuck with it at all.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by dparson View Post
    I wasnt too sure of the gears on the SRT-8 but i know for sure the Daytona's run on 2.92's, even running on 3.06's they lose there peak speed early. I saw a video on this forum of an LS1 against a SRT-8, the SRT-8 looked as if he had the hole shot, but the LS1 pulled on him and appeared to have beat him by 1-2 car lengths. As far as the 1/4 mile times i have read several articles on these cars and every article list different times, starting at low 13's to mid 13's. Dodge quotes them at 13.6.
    That's reversed. 3:06s are tall gears and the powerpeak is at 6100rpm - next to redline. There is no such thing as "lose there peak speed early". 4th gear takes it to the 173mph redline.

That LS-1 in the video may have had bolt-ons, but it sure wasn't stock. Dodge, btw, quotes 13.5, same as MotorTrend. R&T and C&D 13.3 and 13.2. Regardless, talking ETs is launch dependent, the trap speeds tell the potential on the highway/from a roll.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by BLK_On_BLK_01WS6 View Post
    If I saw a black charger coming up on me like that, I would either slow the fuck down fast, or dip down a side street somewhere....Yes we have unmarked police chargers outhere and the mother fucker is extremely fast. I wouldn't fuck with it unless I was about 400+ rwhp, but then again knowing it was probably an unmarked cop I wouldn't fuck with it at all.
    Police duty Chargers are all 5.7s and 340-350hp and run low 14s in the high 90s. If it's a 6.1, it was confiscated or bought special (highly unlikely).

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

lid is on the way is the difference between header and catback very big?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information