Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Challenged by a Supra...

Looking back now, I can definitely say that we were both extremely lucky. Between the weather conditions, as well the local authority, we were both being ignored, thank God. I am not condoning this type of racing for my friends here, however, it was a race nonetheless, and I feel obligated to share....

That being said, I was on my way home from Queens last night. It was about 2:00 in the morning, and I honestly couldn't wait to get home to my bed. I just exited off from the Belt Parkway, and proceeded upward onto the Verrenzano Bridge. For those who are unfamiliar with this bridge, it extends approximately 2 1/2 miles in length, and has an upper and lower level. I always choose the upper, the heavens have always fascinated me (but like they say, "heaven can wait", as far as I'm concerned)....

Each level allows for a 'merge', as the opposing traffic on the highway allows for both sides to eventually merge with each other when the bridge is fully realized. The lanes for this merge are divided by a huge wall, making it impossible to see who's next to you, that is, until your actually on the bridge itself, when the lanes immediately become exposed, and prevalent....

It was extremely quiet out, as other than my exhaust, there was nobody, and I mean nobody around. Being just a mere sixty feet from this merge, I suddenly heard a strange noise coming from a distance. After lowering my window down, the noise started getting louder and louder. "Phhssst", a few seconds went by, followed by another "Phhssst". I looked down towards my forearms, which were already stricken with a strange case of goosebumps, when all of a sudden, the lane divider had subsided, and me and some really nice looking white Supra were paired up....

I kid you not, it was as if God himself wanted to see this happen. It couldn't have been more perfect. There was nobody around, we hit the bridge precisely at the same time, and are both now staring at about two and a half miles of straight-a-way. I'm thinking to myself, "I can't do this, we're on a bridge, and although it's clear, it has been snowing these last few days". Follwed by, "Screw it, I'm down, but I'm not making the first move though...". The Supra must have felt the same way, cuz he wasn't egging me on, he was just staying side by side with me, with the occassional "Phhssst" from his Blow Off Valve as he shifted his gears....

We hit dead center of the bridge, and we're both babying it at around 50-mph. Not even 'glancing' his way the entire time, I was suddenly overcome with a need to look over towards him. I slowly turned my face to the right, and that sucka was looking right at me with a huge grin on his face. I gave him a friendly little smirk, followed by a nod, when suddenly, we both floored it at the very same time...!

I heard maybe a tenth of a second of that "Phhssst" of his, when the thunder of my exhaust immediately became prevalent, and took over. We were both pulling and pulling, dead even all the way up to 150mph, when, as if reading each others thought process, we shut down at the same time. My whole body was shaking uncontrollably in the seat, I'm not that big a fan of bridges, and the wind factor made it all the more dangerous....

We both pulled up at the following toll booths, stopped a little bit before them, and gave each other the thumbs up. The two of us were laughing out loud, and we both agreed that that was quite a rush. Kind of like having sex on the Great Adventure ride Freefall. However, I won't be doing that type of racing anytime soon, that's for sure....

Yes, I'll give credit where credit is due. That was one fast Supra. I'll admit that had we continued going, he would have eventually edged me out, but this is obviously because I would have run out of gear sooner or later, being an A4, that is....

-Lethal

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

awsome story and yes u r nuts racing in this cold ass weather..which car of yours did u race him in? what kinda numbers/power do u put down? Time for a 150shot in that beast? hehe woulda put that turbo way behind ya where he belonged then

Thanks Tony!

I was able to fix my little tranny mount problem on my '98 awhile back, so I've been driving around in her for the time being... until I get the '92 wrapped up, and to the track. I'm taking her to the Vette Doctors very soon to have them dyno it for me, but once I had the TR cam dialed in, there's little doubt that I'm pushing well over four hunded plus rear wheel horsepower...

E-Town opens very soon, but I'm already positive she runs high tens. I raced my '92 (when it had the 3.8 Turbo, which documented low elevens), with my cousin driving it, and the '98 pulled on it repeatedly by quite a few car lengths. Will have vids in my sig very soon though...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Awesome story man... Surprised I haven't run into you on the road yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Awesome story man. Surprised I haven't run into you on the road yet.

... yeah I know, I try to be on the lookout for some of you guys whenever I'm on Route 9, especially EE1983. I seen a Blue EVO the other night toying with a Black C6-ZO6 over near Gateway Mall, but the vette wasn't biting though. Was that you EE?

I have a buddy who runs a Third Generation V6 shop in Sayreville, and he offers Turbo set-ups for the 2.8, 3.1 as well as the 3.4 engine family. He'll be having a test and tune session very soon over in e-town, and a bunch of us will be there, observing (I'm not running until the weather gets a tad better, I'd much rather be cuddling with the girls, sipping hot chocolate lol)...

Lakewood
    Nice kill, supras are ugly and slow and unrealiable and sound like crap.

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Good run! What #'s you putting down?

Great story! Nope that wasnt me messing with the C6Z. I am never really around the O.B area anymore. I used to because a couple friends lived up there and I went to school in Newark but now that I live/work in T.R, thats pretty much where I am all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

ahhh....do you realize what you have done. You basically just mouthed the import god. Its like saying Allah sucks to a Muslim. Be ready for war lol

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    ahhh....do you realize what you have done. You basically just mouthed the import god. Its like saying Allah sucks to a Muslim. Be ready for war lol
    Dont worry, I dont think anyone takes what he says seriously. Judging from his post count and previous posts, he is the true definition of a troll.

Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Dont worry, I dont think anyone takes what he says seriously. Judging from his post count and previous posts, he is the true definition of a troll.
    You are more of a troll, I atleast own an Fbody.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

He does have you there.

I don't think Supras are ugly at all, not my style, but at least he is right in saying that they sound like crap.

Hmm, here are soem of your recent posts:

"believe that there is no god or satan. I have no idea how the earth was made or is there are other earths in different galaxies, all I know is there is no way im buying into that religious BULLSHIT.

Religon is fake just admit it and stop praying and wasting your time with a false god, there is no god. When you die you just lay there forever.

Imports suck ass so much, you could put over $50,000 into any 4cyl and I bet a bolt on LT1 Fbody will beat it. American pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats almost a 1/5 of your total posts thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    He does have you there.

I don't think Supras are ugly at all, not my style, but at least he is right in saying that they sound like crap.
    Hey man where ya been. Long time, no argue.

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    gdit, share.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" ........ Im a dick lol

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Hmm, here are soem of your recent posts:

"believe that there is no god or satan. I have no idea how the earth was made or is there are other earths in different galaxies, all I know is there is no way im buying into that religious BULLSHIT.

Religon is fake just admit it and stop praying and wasting your time with a false god, there is no god. When you die you just lay there forever.

Imports suck ass so much, you could put over $50,000 into any 4cyl and I bet a bolt on LT1 Fbody will beat it. American pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats almost a 1/5 of your total posts thus far.

Eh, he doesnt like imports or religion. Lets see what he thinks about marriage and abortion.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

hum supra are ugly, slow and unreliable???? that is the most rediculous sentence ive ever heard....prollly the most respected import there is

Thread Information