Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 camaro SS

camaroSS vs C6 Z06?/killed a couple vettes.

How well would I do against a stock c6 z06. Both good drivers the only mod the zo6 has is tires thats it. My car 2001 camaro ss A4 mods are moser 9" with 3.89's, 3200 stall, subframe connectors, full exhaust, tune, drag radials, K&N, slp lid, 85mm maf, Qa1 coilovers, and N20 spraying 150 shot. So how do you guys think I would do? Do I have enough to keep up? From a roll and a dig?
    Last edited by william SS; 10-01-2007 at 03:24 AM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i dont think so, i think he'd still take ya, esp from a dig

cuz if u come out sprayin you'll light the tires up assuming u got 275's on there

and from a roll he wont kill ya but, i think he'll get ya its a lighter car by almost 800lbs

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Probably beat you pretty bad....I would guess about a full second down the 1/4 mile. Maybe a little less. The weight kills ya. 600 pounds (on average if just driver in both cars) lighter than an F-Body.

Window switch for the nitrous?? What RPM does it come on at? If you can't spray right away...he will start walking away. The powerband of the LS7 is nuts.

Run him anyways.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea go ahead and run him, dont bet anything, but record it so we can have a nice "death" thread in the kill section

Black
    01 Camaro SS

A full second???? His car is easily good enough for a low 11. No stock ZO6 is going to better a low 11.... I think on a roll your car will hang.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

stalled automatic = teh king of dig racing. if you got the tires to keep from roasting 'em, you'll put lengths on him off the line and he will be playing catch up... you got better gears, more power, and a heavier car.. so you're probably going to be having a lot harder time if you go from a roll.

Black
    2001 camaro SS

My nitrous is setup as a window switch activating at 3600 rpm. I take my car out to the drags all the time so im pretty used to it. Don't know what my times are with spray yet but ill find out this weekend. My best 60' so far is 1.82 on motor. I honestly think I would have a better chance from a dig if its a dig on the track than on the street rather then from a roll.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I bet you will do better then you think you might not win but it would be a good race overall !

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    A full second???? His car is easily good enough for a low 11. No stock ZO6 is going to better a low 11.... I think on a roll your car will hang.
    not true, i've seen a video of a c6 zo6 with drag slicks run a 10.85

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Yeah but Ranger can drive!!! I don't know if anyone else on earth could squeeze that out a stock Z.

Personally, I am a Vette fan, but I think you'd have him pretty easy from a dig and from a roll to about 120 or so I would think it could be close. Where does your car come out of third at?

Is everyone missing the 150 shot?

If the guy in the Z can drive that will make it a lot closer but most can't launch them well (especially not like a stalled auto with 3.89s and drag radials). And if the car is not tuned torque management will interfere if he gets a good launch, costing him power when he can actually use it the most.

Witnessing a heavily cammed 6 speed Camaro with a FAST 90/90 and 4.10s hold a new Z from a roll was impressive. Z was bone stock down to tires and they went up to 120. A little bit of back and forth while the gears were shifting, I don't feel so bad about the Camaro pulling on me now.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

well i think you'll get beat. sorry bro, they are fast, lighter, more aerodynamic and have a long rpm band.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Do you know the story behind that? How many times he ran that car to get that time. It was in the hundreds.... So no, a stock Z is not capable of better than low 11s.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1
    Do you mean this run.....?

Ranger's run is highly questionable. I refuse to believe he broke into the tens until I see a video of the entire, untouched run, not this edited version of it. The LS7 pulls hard, believe me, but, it's far from a ten second ride from the dealer....

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by william SS View Post
    How well would I do against a stock c6 z06. Both good drivers the only mod the zo6 has is tires thats it. My car 2001 camaro ss A4 mods are moser 9" with 3.89's, 3200 stall, subframe connectors, full exhaust, tune, drag radials, K&N, slp lid, 85mm maf, Qa1 coilovers, and N20 spraying 150 shot. So how do you guys think I would do? Do I have enough to keep up? From a roll and a dig?
    drove my friends C6Z...the L S 7 Pulls HARD as HELL up top!!!!

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Do you mean this run.....?

Ranger's run is highly questionable. I refuse to believe he broke into the tens until I see a video of the entire, untouched run, not this edited version of it. The LS7 pulls hard, believe me, but, it's far from a ten second ride from the dealer....
    Believe what you want. But people were expecting this from him and I am sure there were witnesses of the event, at the event. I mean he got a bone stock C5 Z to 11.8s and with tires and intake to 11.5s(numbers are from memory, will have to verify for accuracy), consistently. Again, believe what you want but the guy can flat out drive.

^ This is obviously not a question of faith. However, if Ranger really did run a ten second run, stock, then why would there be a need to edit the video? Why not show the run in it's entireity for everyone to see? If I ran a 10.85 in my bone stock C6-ZO6, rest assured that I would have left the entire video in tact, so that there would be no question. Ranger obviously still has the original entire run on video (he has to), so why doesn't he post it for everyone to see? I don't need him to "tell" me what it ran, I want to SEE the run. Incidently, anybody can "say" that their car dyno'ed at 800-RWHP (this is the Internet, you know), but until I see the GRAPH, why should I automatically assume that they're telling the truth? If a ten second run was realized with an UNTOUCHED C6-ZO6 (w/slicks), there is simply NO REASON to edit the run's footage. So yes, I will believe what I want, until it's PROVEN otherwise....

2000 Corvette

Undestood, I am not sure I have seen an unedited version either. I'd like to see it too.

C6 H/C/N20

Race him and have fun, thats what its all about.

Black
    2001 camaro SS

Well I went out to the track this weekend and went cruising. I didnt run c6 z06 but I did run a moded c5 z06 on the highway which I ended up putting a car length on when we ran. I also met with a guy at the track who had a 2008 c6 ls3 430hp bone stock corvette. I asked him if he wanted to run and he se said sure. We ran 4 times I beat him every time. Three of those runs were on motor and one with the spray. He was runin high 12's and low 13's. He said he's coming back next weekend so were gonna go again and see we both can improve on our times. Every time he ran he got a little better than the time b4. But so did I.

Black
    2001 camaro SS

Ive got the race with me and the vette on video along with a bunch of other shit and im gonna try and put it on my computer so u guys can see it.

Thread Information