Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Camaro gets knocked off it's throne....

2011 Mustang GT vs. 2010 Camaro SS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTL9psDWKjU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTL9psDWKjU[/ame]

2011 Mustang GT looks to be the muscle to get. Mid-high 12s from the factory, better handling, better performance, better everything. GM needs to step up.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Here you go - another comparison between the muscle cars: 2011 Mustang GT, 2010 Camaro SS, 2010 Challenger SRT8 Showdown

Highlights:

2011 Mustang GT: 4.4s 0-60, 12.7@111.3 1/4 mile
    2010 Camaro SS: 4.7s 0-60, 13.1@110.8 1/4 mile
    2010 Challenger SRT8: 4.8s 0-60, 13.3@106.1 1/4 mile

Ford is now on top:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMktli1m0og"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMktli1m0og[/ame]
    Last edited by Superluminal; 04-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Competition is always good for the consumer

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Who's side are you on?

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Good question 'silverWS.6' lol

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

He's just stating the obvious. The new mustang is legit! I Better start bolting things on because my car isn't doing mid 12's!

silver
    2002 ws6

the new mustang isn't incredibly faster than everything else. there's a pile of poor running l99's out there that are slow as balls.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Its a better car performance wise for sure until you start modding. Then that little 5.0 will still get owned by the bigger 6.0+ liter engines. But stock vs stock and probably even bolt on vs bolt on its gonna be hard to take that lighter stang from a dig.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Its a better car performance wise for sure until you start modding. Then that little 5.0 will still get owned by the bigger 6.0+ liter engines. But stock vs stock and probably even bolt on vs bolt on its gonna be hard to take that lighter stang from a dig.
    minus the bolt on part imho

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    minus the bolt on part imho
    IDK, the mustang is already ahead, even if the camaro does see bigger gains from the bolt ons it will just be catching up. How long do you think it will be till someone runs in the 11s with a bolt on setup to hook 2011 gt. It wouldnt take all that much.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    IDK, the mustang is already ahead, even if the camaro does see bigger gains from the bolt ons it will just be catching up. How long do you think it will be till someone runs in the 11s with a bolt on setup to hook 2011 gt. It wouldnt take all that much.
    ehh true ...but remember from factory the 5.0 is much more all out than the conservative lsXs ... like i said..exhaust is basically out on the 5.0..which leads intake ..so a CAI and a Catback is about all the 5.0 will see any noticeable gain according to ford. The gearing is very solid on the 5.0s ..so not much will be gained if any from a gear swap. Obviously tho with some drags u will see the biggest gain.. Ford did a great job of releasing a monster in stock form..but i think what gm does..if by purpose i dont know, is release platforms with a lot left on a table that is able to cut decent times

98' trans am

also i think that small gain the mustang has would be erased with wheel swaps on the maro ..even if the mustang changes too ........20 down to 17s with good meats compared to 18s down to 17s with good meats ..the maro will gain more

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ive driven both auto and manual 2010 Camaro's several times. I dont know how it works with the new stangs but the difference to me is big in acceleration. Some of that would probably be from the tranny and other would be that it has less power with more weight. The manual is definitly faster but i dont think as fast as the new stang. Ive seen auto's on the dyno pull as low as 310 rwhp which is hella low and up to about 335 rwhp. The manuals ive seen go from 345-365 rwhp give or take.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

It is amazing how all you experts seem to know how "maxed out" an engine is that not one of you has seen on the street - to say nothing of seeing what others might do with it.

You may end up being right, but a wise man wouldn't make such matter-of-fact statements without having any real knowledge of what he is talking about.

Then again, I did say "wise man".....so I digress.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    It is amazing how all you experts seem to know how "maxed out" an engine is that not one of you has seen on the street - to say nothing of seeing what others might do with it.

You may end up being right, but a wise man wouldn't make such matter-of-fact statements without having any real knowledge of what he is talking about.

well going by the trend with fords n\a modulars, it's a safe assumption that the new 5.0 will be pretty maxed out. that being said this is a new engine so time will tell.

I agree with Blackcloud and Zinergy. There is more to be had, I'd bet on it. I'm sure the tune alone is rather tame for warranty purposes. There will be better headers made than what's currently on the car, camshafts, converters, yada yada.
    It's not maxed out by any stretch. Once these cars hit the mass population it won't be long at all, you'll see these things in the 11's no sweat. Shucks,,,,110 mph trap speeds indicate a car capable of bottom 12's already if you can 60 foot properly.

I'd also bet there are tuner shops out there just waiting to get their hands on it to see what can be done.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ive driven both auto and manual 2010 Camaro's several times. I dont know how it works with the new stangs but the difference to me is big in acceleration. Some of that would probably be from the tranny and other would be that it has less power with more weight. The manual is definitly faster but i dont think as fast as the new stang. Ive seen auto's on the dyno pull as low as 310 rwhp which is hella low and up to about 335 rwhp. The manuals ive seen go from 345-365 rwhp give or take.
    The auto's have Displacement on Demand. And that's their cruch. Once they are tuned they are just as quick as the manual trans version.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post

i dont think i ever said maxed out ............i just said from factory they come pretty well worked over...and that the bolt ons wont have the same effect as it does on lsXs

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I agree with Blackcloud and Zinergy. There is more to be had, I'd bet on it. I'm sure the tune alone is rather tame for warranty purposes. There will be better headers made than what's currently on the car, camshafts, converters, yada yada.
    It's not maxed out by any stretch. Once these cars hit the mass population it won't be long at all, you'll see these things in the 11's no sweat. Shucks,,,,110 mph trap speeds indicate a car capable of bottom 12's already if you can 60 foot properly.

I'd also bet there are tuner shops out there just waiting to get their hands on it to see what can be done.
    i will not lie ..i forgot about stalls ....

but besides that here is some info on those exhaust manifolds
    "It has been common practice for enthusiasts to toss out the original cast-iron exhaust manifolds of their Mustangs, replacing them with custom-built high-flow tubular headers to improve the engine's breathing and boost horsepower. Well, owners of the 2011 Mustang GT won't have to take that hot rodding step - the new 5.0 engine comes from the factory with specially designed tubular headers. And this footnote will warm the hearts of enthusiasts: Ford says those headers were initially fabricated by an engine team analyst in their home workshop."

so headers will not provide that much of a boost.

cams yeah will add. but it will take time for the tuners to work with the Ti-VCT and 4 cams ...uke:

the heads are also very very good (i am jealous)

so is the 5.0 fast...of course ...but is it as boxed up from the factory as Gm's lsXs...not even close. All this hopla about the 5.0 will soon enough fade...just like the new camaro ..and be left with a fast factory car that will take large sums of money to make it go much fast .

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    The auto's have Displacement on Demand. And that's their cruch. Once they are tuned they are just as quick as the manual trans version.
    DOD and TM....i know on the new camaros ...the TM is crippling

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    DOD and TM....i know on the new camaros ...the TM is crippling
    It is on all cars that have it. G8, srt-4 caliber, camaro list goes on.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information