Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 189

Camaro gets knocked off it's throne....

This is a discussion on Camaro gets knocked off it's throne.... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by kevnstac The GM bowtie lovers on this site (99.999999999% of us) are about to come to the ...

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    The GM bowtie lovers on this site (99.999999999% of us) are about to come to the realization that what goes around...comes around and the next thing around you will be a damn V6 Mustang which will really be a kick in the dick. I can see the posts now....
    Yeah, with just a few bolt ons, the 2011 Mustang V6 will be giving LS1 F-bodies a run for their money. I can see the posts as well.

  2. #82
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    Am I the only one who caught this???

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    2011 Mustang GT: 4.4s 0-60, 12.7@111.3 1/4 mile
    2010 Camaro SS: 4.7s 0-60, 13.1@110.8 1/4 mile
    2010 Challenger SRT8: 4.8s 0-60, 13.3@106.1 1/4 mile

    Ford is now on top:
    Judging by 1/4 mile time only, I'd have to say that the camaro didn't get off the line like it should have, spinning, delayed start, whatever...

    If you look closer, 4 tenths of a second split the ford and the chevy, but by less than 1mph trap speed

    Even closer, the camaro split the challenger twice as close on the ET side, yet over 4mph faster in trap speed

    Taking a look at 0-60 times, and comparing, the Mustang already had the edge, so it won the battle from the jump

    But at the end of the line, with a trap speed only splitting the cars by 1/2mph... c'mon man
    Last edited by MrMasterCraft; 04-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.

  3. #83
    This thread is getting out of hand. Its not like everyone is going to own an 11 mustang there will still be plenty of 85-2010 cars to hunt hahaha, and who still has a stock ls1 lol. Big deal fords mustang finally broke into the 12's woooohoooo.

  4. #84
    Member Redegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    281

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Am I the only one who caught this???



    Judging by 1/4 mile time only, I'd have to say that the camaro didn't get off the line like it should have, spinning, delayed start, whatever...

    If you look closer, 4 tenths of a second split the ford and the chevy, but by less than 1mph trap speed

    Even closer, the camaro split the challenger twice as close on the ET side, yet over 4mph faster in trap speed

    Taking a look at 0-60 times, and comparing, the Mustang already had the edge, so it won the battle from the jump

    But at the end of the line, with a trap speed only splitting the cars by 1/2mph... c'mon man
    Bingo! there is an 8MPH difference in 1/8 mile trap speeds yet 1/4 mile is that close?
    In the video the mustang ran an 8.57@87MPh and the Camaro ran a 8.86@79MPH.
    Last edited by Redegal; 04-06-2010 at 07:02 PM.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    This thread is getting out of hand. Its not like everyone is going to own an 11 mustang there will still be plenty of 85-2010 cars to hunt hahaha, and who still has a stock ls1 lol. Big deal fords mustang finally broke into the 12's woooohoooo.
    It is a big deal. For the firsts time ever Ford has now produced a mass production Mustang with a decent motor, for a decent price that in most respects defeats the competition. Not to mention that Ford's V8, V6 and Ecoboost powerplants also put out excellent power and get superb gas mileage. As a whole, Ford is moving in the right direction. If you look around GM and a couple others are looking to compete against Ford now, which means Ford is considered the standard, respectively, in the industry. In light of this, expect to see some good competition from GM in the years to come... which means some tasty new powerplants and configurations. I heard that GM is building it's own twin-turbo V6 to compete with Ford's EcoBoost V6.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    It is a big deal. For the firsts time ever Ford has now produced a mass production Mustang with a decent motor, for a decent price that in most respects defeats the competition. Not to mention that Ford's V8, V6 and Ecoboost powerplants also put out excellent power and get superb gas mileage. As a whole, Ford is moving in the right direction. If you look around GM and a couple others are looking to compete against Ford now, which means Ford is considered the standard, respectively, in the industry. In light of this, expect to see some good competition from GM in the years to come... which means some tasty new powerplants and configurations. I heard that GM is building it's own twin-turbo V6 to compete with Ford's EcoBoost V6.
    I like the car, but I do not think its a god like most people on here. It should be faster than a 12 year old ls1.

  7. #87
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    How does the base have a 29,645-37,845msrp? With 8,000 in options it wouldnt be base anymore.

    2010 camaro ss msrp 33,430.
    2011 stang gt msrp 29,645.

    You never know what dealers will have them marked at.
    Because the base GT comes in a convertible. Don't argue with me, ask motor trend about it.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I like the car, but I do not think its a god like most people on here. It should be faster than a 12 year old ls1.
    It's not godlike. It's just Ford finally produced a muscle car that is on top within it's category. It just deserves some recognition, that's all.

  9. #89
    Member El Toro Loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Harlingen, tx
    Posts
    757

    pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

    ^^^i agree, they deserve recognition for building a great car with a great engine, jus like 03- 04 cobras were, im a car guy who loves all things cars, jus been biased more towards GM but this is good, it allow for competition , and improvements. u can bet the General and Mopar will be coming out with good things in the nearfuture to compete, and all this means is betterfaster, fuel sipping cars for us the consumers.

  10. #90
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    So are we finished here or what?

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I like the car, but I do not think its a god like most people on here. It should be faster than a 12 year old ls1.
    It is faster than a ls1, Almost a full second faster. 12.7 is about .8-1.1 faster than magazines were getting when the ws6 came out. Most times were 13.5-13.8 and since we dont know what real world drivers are gonna get out of the stang, we can only compare magazine times. Only time will tell what this car will offer in terms of aftermarket and power gains.

  12. #92
    Senior Member FasstChevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,315

    White
    '10 ZR1

    @ this thread

    this arguement is never going to go away -

    from what I've seen, the bottom line is this:

    A 2011 Mustang running 12.70's, and a 2011 Camaro running 13.1's becomes a driver's race.

    Example - the guy in the new 'maro beats a guy in the new 'stang..............only to hear the 'stang guy say....."but, but........my car is faster 'cuz MotorTrend said so"............what a buncha bullshit. At that point no one cares, and I certainly don't care what MotorTrend says.......especially since nothing I have is(or stays) 'stock' anyway.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It is faster than a ls1, Almost a full second faster. 12.7 is about .8-1.1 faster than magazines were getting when the ws6 came out. Most times were 13.5-13.8 and since we dont know what real world drivers are gonna get out of the stang, we can only compare magazine times. Only time will tell what this car will offer in terms of aftermarket and power gains.
    there were alot of 13.5 ls1s in 98, by 99 they finally got low 13's and high 12's so only time will tell. the stang should be a mid 12 though.

  14. #94
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I don't see that happening unless the car is on drag radials which would allow a more aggressive launch. If that's the case, the same holds true for the new GT, a pair of drag radials might take it into the low 12s.
    why not... evan smith took a bone stock 1998 z28 (m6) to 12.8 on street tires... i'd say it's very possible...

    and at everyone getting all pissed...

  15. #95
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    why not... evan smith took a bone stock 1998 z28 (m6) to 12.8 on street tires... i'd say it's very possible...

    and at everyone getting all pissed...
    2000 SS...... never seen or heard of a stock 98 Z pulling 12.8s on factory 245s

  16. #96
    Junior Member bobodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alachua,Fl.
    Posts
    53

    NBM
    2002 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    2000 SS...... never seen or heard of a stock 98 Z pulling 12.8s on factory 245s
    but heres an 02 doing it on DR's
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXFFrpVgRQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

  17. #97
    Four Seat Vette 10spokess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    pasadena md
    Posts
    2,034
    Blog Entries
    2

    Black
    2002 SS Camaro

    why are they comparing different years i dont understand that... why dont they compare a 2011 camaro when they come out... Doesnt seem like a fair fight

  18. #98
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    2000 SS...... never seen or heard of a stock 98 Z pulling 12.8s on factory 245s
    wrong numb nut...

    http://www.stangbangers.com/01_Bullitt_Article2.htm

    and my bad... 99...


    and a side note... dont' mod bash even with a smily...

  19. #99
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodog View Post
    but heres an 02 doing it on DR's
    lols the internet is funny!!!

  20. #100
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    lols the internet is funny!!!

    agreed!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jesse Ventura knocked on his ass by another SEAL
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. Knocked up my GF
    By Nhra Firebird in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 04:54 PM
  3. So I knocked out an 8.8 last night
    By Stroker396 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 12:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •